Is there way to tell when staff changes on a ship?

Pandazoo

Reading Vista reviews is concerning there aren’t many and most are not great.  I was wondering if there is a way to know when staff change overs occur?  Booked on Vista for New Years and wonder if the new ship staff has changed?

1 minute ago, Pandazoo said:

Reading Vista reviews is concerning there aren’t many and most are not great.  I was wondering if there is a way to know when staff change overs occur?  Booked on Vista for New Years and wonder if the new ship staff has changed?

It’s a rolling programme. Some contracts are longer than others. You always see new staff boarding at ports maybe 10 or 20 but the whole crew doesn’t change en masse.

9 Oceania cruises and counting and I can say, that overall, the staff have been wonderful.

• Like 2

@Pandazoo

We just got off Vista and I can assure you the staff if VERY hard working and committed to delivering a great product and service to the guests. We had a wonderful time, just wish I handled humidity better. I don’t know how you Floridians and other East coasters handle it 🤬🙏🤪🤙 I think the CD Ray Carr may be off by then but other key management team members have just returned on a new contract. 
Do not be concerned with Negativity, go and expect to have a GREAT trip. Perfect, probably not but GREAT anyway because you ARE ON OCEANIA. JMHO 

Mauibabes

• Like 4

We did two weeks on Vista in October and the service was amazing. It was absolutely equal or better than most of our 30+ cruises on Viking Ocean, Celebrity, HAL and Azamara. I haven't seen anyone who had problems. Had one of the best cabin stewards. The food servers were amazing. And we liked CD Ray Carr. Check out my day to day blog at jimbellomo.com and my buddy Mike's complete review at www.thepreismans.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where you are seeing so many negative reviews of Vista....we were just on Vista from Montreal to Los Angeles and had an amazing time.  We have been on many O cruises and this was right at the top of all!  Beautiful ship, amazing food, wonderful staff and excellent CD (Ray Carr).  There were a few misses but so does my day to day life at home!

• Like 3

Reviews are on cruise critic.  There are also some terrible ones on TripAdvisor as well.  I try to take with a grain of salt but to only have 40 reviews is kind of strange too.  I thank everyone for responding 

On 11/16/2023 at 11:44 AM, Pandazoo said:

I am finishing a 16 day LA to Miami cruise. I think staff is pretty much top notch...almost as customer focused crew as we see on Regent which of course has a better crew to guest ratio. Ray Carr will be gone...not sure who CD will be. On board singers and dancers will be a whole new group. We are most pleased with the crew. Just bring a white noise app for your phone or plan to sleep with your balcony door open with sound of ocean distracting from guy next door's TV or conversation. Worst paper thin walls between cabins I have experienced in more than 50 cruises!

@edgeethanks for your input…the noise or lack of sound proofing seems to be a common complaint.  I will bring melatonin and earplugs for sure!  I was once on a cruise where the next cabin played very loud music most of the day with their balcony door open.  I didn’t complain but someone did as they were moved (or kicked off?) much to my relief. 

5 hours ago, edgee said:

Just bring a white noise app for your phone or plan to sleep with your balcony door open with sound of ocean distracting from guy next door's TV or conversation. Worst paper thin walls between cabins I have experienced in more than 50 cruises!

We had this problem on an AMA River Cruise.  We do sleep with a white noise machine, bit it's the T.V. and conversations that we hear during the day that irritate me.  DH can't hear a thing! 

5 hours ago, Pandazoo said:

@IamtheseaIm sorry I am having trouble linking.  I go to TripAdvisor and put in Oceania Cruises Vista.  (Under reviews)  https://www.tripadvisor.comcruise-review-d24948

Thank you.  I will give it a try.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 9:11 AM, mauibabes said:

@Pandazoo

We just got off Vista and I can assure you the staff if VERY hard working and committed to delivering a great product and service to the guests. We had a wonderful time, just wish I handled humidity better. I don’t know how you Floridians and other East coasters handle it 🤬🙏🤪🤙 I think the CD Ray Carr may be off by then but other key management team members have just returned on a new contract. 
Do not be concerned with Negativity, go and expect to have a GREAT trip. Perfect, probably not but GREAT anyway because you ARE ON OCEANIA. JMHO 

Mauibabes

I had to laugh when I read your post about humidity.  I see you are from Sacramento and every time I land there the sweat starts pouring out of me and I wonder, "how do they live in this place".  To put it in perspective, I live in Las Vegas.

@mb777

I am afraid I am an 85 degree max kinda guy and then when they piled on 90+ % humidity, I was toasted. We were traveling with friends from Phoenix too and like you and the Las Vegas heat, they were only mildly uncomfortable. 
so glad we all have different tolerance levels.  
We just have to keep toughing out these cruises. 
Mauibabes

• Haha 2

@mb777

You are so correct, I hate getting off a plane here in Sacramento in July and August, that jetway is a stifling gauntlet. I am sure I could extend those dates to June thru September in Las Vegas for you but for some reason it always feels worse when the humidity is cranked up in the East and South. I guess that is why Air Conditioning is considered a NECESSITY of life. 
We just love green energy inflicted brown outs in the great state of California so we pray for electricity 🙏😇. Hope that was not considered a political message here on CC, only meant as government ineptitude with no party affiliation 🙏🤪

We were on Vista in May and then again in October and a lot of the key staff AND our great Butler Anand were on both. They definitely do rotate around and we noted some of the staff also had contracts extended to help staffing and training needs. The O staffing contractor/company really does an outstanding job identifying great staff, even those on first contracts.

Bottom line, have a great cruise and”GO O”, a little sports lingo 😇👍

Mauibabes

• Like 1