TV from Android phone on Constellation?

LB_NJ

In one of the regular cabins is there a way to connect an Android phone to the TV to watch movies (either streaming if the internet is good or saved on the phone)?

If there is a way, exactly what do I need to bring in the way of cables?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

On 11/20/2023 at 5:27 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.  Both via HDMI and by a wireless streaming to tv.   Search for many of my tutorials.  I will post another after I board on Saturday 

The question was for Constellation. She has not had any upgrades yet and the old TVs are still used.
So I doubt it would work. We were on Infinity in Juen. Same thing... old TVs, no interactive system etc.

3 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

The question was for Constellation. She has not had any upgrades yet and the old TVs are still used.
So I doubt it would work. We were on Infinity in Juen. Same thing... old TVs, no interactive system etc.

I've not been on Constellation since 2017.   I do know they use the same technology for how they are now doing TV's.   They are basic dumb displays connected with an Ethernet.   In the setup window the have an http:// address that supplies basically the links for TV, Account,  Muster, movies etc.     I've been on 2 e-class that didn't go through revolution and they had it. 

Maybe someone else can let us know.

11 minutes ago, sheeng said:

Just off Constellation 2 days ago. This is not possible on the ancient TV but we did have a Premium WiFi package and were able to stream to a laptop.

sheila.

I haven't found a ship yet that I can't get my Roku to work -   I will admit I'm a hacker and use to use some secret codes to get into the TV's and unlock the HDMI ports.   Recently all the ships I've been on you could use the rooms remote doing the sequence in my video to switch sources.

Just off Constellation 2 days ago as well.  I can confirm it's the old software they are using where you can't even check your account on the TV.   I can also confirm that I was able to see an HDMI port on the side of TV which I could easily access and was unused.   You may have some success using Jim's secret codes to unlock and switch inputs.

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

I haven't found a ship yet that I can't get my Roku to work -   I will admit I'm a hacker and use to use some secret codes to get into the TV's and unlock the HDMI ports.   Recently all the ships I've been on you could use the rooms remote doing the sequence in my video to switch sources.

I confess, Jim, that the above is way above my head😳. I believe we are sharing a B2B2B

on Solstice in the Spring when we’d enjoy meeting you guys and perhaps you could then share your secrets with my husband🤗

15 minutes ago, sheeng said:

I confess, Jim, that the above is way above my head😳. I believe we are sharing a B2B2B

on Solstice in the Spring when we’d enjoy meeting you guys and perhaps you could then share your secrets with my husband🤗

Will do.     I always find it a challenge to get my electronics to work.    Do you have a cruise before the TP in Australia or did you add on the cruise out of Vancouver?

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've not been on Constellation since 2017.   I do know they use the same technology for how they are now doing TV's.   They are basic dumb displays connected with an Ethernet.   In the setup window the have an http:// address that supplies basically the links for TV, Account,  Muster, movies etc.     I've been on 2 e-class that didn't go through revolution and they had it. 

Maybe someone else can let us know.

You lost me on e class 🙂 
E class don´t have to go through revolution... they are the revolution.

With the old M class TVs (unrevolutionized) you can´t even check the account. That´s why I doubt you can do anything there - without hacking into the HDMI. Refurbished Millennium has the new software, ethernet and all - Infinity and Constellation have exactly what you said: dumb displays - only connected with old fashioned coax cables. 

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

Menu button on remote does nothing on Constellation. I thought it was an issue with the remote, but room steward said it was normal as this ship does not have any interactive features. Strange as Celebrity lists this feature as a standard amenity in their cabin descriptions when booking.

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Will do.     I always find it a challenge to get my electronics to work.    Do you have a cruise before the TP in Australia or did you add on the cruise out of Vancouver?

Jim - We are Singapore all the way to Vancouver🤗

4 hours ago, sheeng said:

Jim - We are Singapore all the way to Vancouver🤗

Great... We are in Singapore right now and board Edge for Sydney - New Zealand today  They are expecting a late departure and have pushed all arrivals by an hour. 

They will have abut 600+ B2B's plus we will be sharing the terminal with Holand America Westerdam.

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Just off the Constellation Wednesday.  First time I personally could not get my Roku to work (and I even brought my universal Samsung remote).  However, I did not call IT to come to my cabin either (covid).  

Ahh... That really is old.   That takes a little hack -   You will need a Samsung Remote and here's a tutorial with pictures.    I don't think I have done this in 5 years. 

Hotel Mode with Pictures.docx

Edited by Jim_Iain