San Diego Boarding Change??

teacherman

Scheduled to sail on Koningsdam out of San Diego Saturday, November 25.  Last week I received Boarding Information saying to arrive at 11:00 am for Group B.  Two days ago we received an "update" saying to arrive at 11:00 am for Group C and that ship would depart at 4:00 pm rather than 3:00 pm.  This morning we have received another update saying another ship would also be boarding (was this a surprise?) and that the terminal has little seating area, so "if we are flexible", we should just arrive at 10:00 am or between 2:00 and 3:00 pm.   If we are not flexible, we should just adhere to the 11:00 am and Group C instruction.  QUESTIONS:  Which would you advise us to do-the 10 am, the 11:00 am or the 2 to 3 pm?  If we do go early, will we be able to watch the UM/Ohio State game on the ship television?   Crazy to begin the cruise asking about tv stations (FOX) but it is a big game for us.  ny advice from those familiar with cruising from San Diego is welcome.  We are staying at Spring Hill Suites across from the ship.    Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.

The Disney Magic will also be at the pier.  We have had both ships here for the past two Saturdays  (that has been in the works for almost a year).

Disney guests will line up on the north side of the port entry road.  Holland America will line up on the south side for embarkation.  Two separate lines and entry times.

The Koningsdam will have completed debarkation an hour before Disney. 

It is likely that Group A will be allowed into the building by 10:30 am.  However, subsequent groups are very likely to be delayed until Disney guests have cleared out from the previous trip....usually around 11:15 am.

It will not be shown on the televisions inside of the terminal.  Disney does not want distractions.

I presume that the Koningsdam will have the game showing....but likely not have Fox in your room.

I understand that the broadcast will start early in the day.  If it is important to you, I would ask the hotel for a late check out and enjoy the game at the hotel.  Alternatively, you could drop off your luggage and watch the game at Portside Pavillion just a few hundred feet away and have lunch.

By 2 pm the game will have ended....the lines at the pier will be shorter....and you'll have had something to enjoy for a few hours.

The Koningsdam Boarding Groups unusual.  I believe that P1, 4* & 5*, Neptune Suites, and Club Orange guests account for this.

K383    A - 10:20AM    14
K383    A - 11:00AM    287
K383    B - 11:20AM    265
K383    C - 11:00AM    36
K383    C - 11:40AM    257
K383    D - 11:20AM    4
K383    D - 12:00PM    258
K383    E - 11:40AM    4
K383    E - 12:20PM    263
K383    F - 12:00PM    9
K383    F - 12:40PM    257
K383    G - 01:00PM    246
K383    H - 01:20PM    259
K383    I - 01:00PM    1
K383    I - 01:40PM    256
K383    J - 02:00PM    76
End of Group Arrival        
Expected Mariners Count        
LOYALTY CODE    EMBARKING    IN TRANSIT
P1    7    
5S    71    
4S    260    
3S    457    
2S    349    
1S    521    

David

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

presume that the Koningsdam will have the game showing….but likely not have Fox in your room.

I may be missing your point but Fox is one of the channels available in each room:

TV Channels Include:

• BBC News
  • Fox News
  • MSNBC
  • HGTV
  • Food Network
  • Prime One
  • Prime Favorites
  • Travel Channel
  • Sport 24
  • Sport 24 Extra

24 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I may be missing your point but Fox is one of the channels available in each room:

TV Channels Include:

• Fox News
  •  

@*Miss G*I believe that fox news is a different Fox station than the game shows on, but I could be wrong.

To the OP: I'd take the 3:00 and do something more relaxing with my day. Not sure what time your game starts, but there is a chance you could watch it in the comfort of a hotel lobby or local brew house. 

I can't remember if this photo was from social media or here, but this is the line at 3:30 for the Koningdam last week. (thanks to whomever took this photo).

image.png.f1791401aa608af108e116b1c5745f77.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Yes, the game will be on Fox stations but not the Fox cable news station which the ship has on their TVs.  The game starts at 12 noon Eastern but San Diego will play the game at 9 am.  I would stay at the hotel as long as possible.  Perhaps you could get a noon check out?  Or maybe you could watch the end in the hotel breakfast area if they have one.  

The game is a big one in our family too.  Two kids and they graduated from those two colleges - same year even!

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The game is a big one in our family too.  Two kids and they graduated from those two colleges - same year even!

That is a serious rivalry! We have a UoM and a Sparty in our family and that's bad enough, but Ohio State is a whole new level. Best to you! lol

• Thanks 1

We flew our Michigan/Ohio State flag on game days. Purchased on High Street in Columbus, it had the maize and blue M in the upper left corner and the scarlet and grey O in the lower right corner.  The final game of the season was always miserable to go through. Someone was gonna come out the loser…😥

• Like 1

The good news is that 

VOYAGE    COMPLETE    NOT COMPLETE
K383    2482    91

Embarkation can be very fast once you've gone through the security lines.  It only takes about 90 seconds for each guest .......if you are prepared:

1   Have your Boarding Pass with a bar code in hand when you enter the terminal

2.  Each person should hold their own documents

3.  Present your US passport at the facial recognition device with the Boarding Pass

David

• Thanks 1

We also board the K on 11/25.  11:20 group D.  Wondering why group D- 11:20 only has 4 people???

I thought the email HAL sent was worded strangely.  And the list provided byDAllenTCY is a bit odd too.  Some people in group C have a later check-in than those in group D, & all the groups are like that.  But we will just see how it goes...patience, patience.