Platinum member Wine Tasting and Behind the Scenes Tour

Scurrent

Your Concierge should make those arrangements and let you know when they are happening.  You should see information in your room on the first day.  If you don't see or hear anything when you first arrive in your room just contact your concierge and ask them.

Andy

14 minutes ago, Scurrent said:

I am traveling on the NCL Getaway this Sunday. As a Platinum member how do I schedule my Behind the Scenes tour and the Wine Tasting?  There is nothing online to schedule. Much thanx. Steve

Early on embarkation day, go to the Cruise Next Desk, Deck 6 Mid-Ship in the Atrium. You can sign up for the Behind the Scenes tour and Wines Around the World wine tasting. Both activities are capacity controlled and may sell out if there are a lot of top tier Latitudes members. Also, note the date/time of the Latitudes party. The tour is usually on the morning of the first sea day. 

You can also pick up your Platinum pins at the Cruise Next Desk.

Your dinner vouchers and free laundry voucher will be in your stateroom. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, agrimm01 said:

Your Concierge should make those arrangements and let you know when they are happening.  You should see information in your room on the first day.  If you don't see or hear anything when you first arrive in your room just contact your concierge and ask them.

Andy

Not everyone has a concierge.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, agrimm01 said:

You do if you are Platinum which the OP said he was.

The platinum concierge is very very useless, like it never exists. if you search the forum you will find a ton of topics about this perk that never exists

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, shof515 said:

The platinum concierge is very very useless, like it never exists. if you search the forum you will find a ton of topics about this perk that never exists

Agreed. Go to the CruiseNext desk.  If you’re in the Haven, go to the Haven concierge.

• Like 1

I’m Diamond and when we first made platinum I called the concierge for help and he said something very rude about me not being in a suite or above and hung up on me.  Never called again as we are lowly balcony cruisers,  as others have said, go to CN as soon as it opens.  Things are capacity controlled and people sign up for things then don’t attend, which means lots of other people get left out because of no shows.  At our wine tasting there were very few people and at the mixology thing we were the only ones.  But after doing it once I understand why anyone who had suffered thru it would not want to return.  The sustain cocktails were hideous 🤮

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, agrimm01 said:

no you don't. It is a non-existent benefit. 

And even in the Haven, it is much easier to go to the cruise next desk and get signed up and the printed information required for the activities. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

no you don't. It is a non-existent benefit. 

And even in the Haven, it is much easier to go to the cruise next desk and get signed up and the printed information required for the activities. 

I got it and the wine tasting was great.

Edited by agrimm01
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, agrimm01 said:

Where is this concierge- I am platinum and only ever found one when sailing in Haven - it appears to be a benefit that does not exist 

• Like 1

It is a disservice for NCL to perpetuate the perk of Concierge service available to non suite platinum guests.  I had the one experience I cited earlier, and one other time I called and asked if this was in fact available and he nicely said “no, the concierge have so much on their plate they can’t take on anything else”.  I know some people have reported getting help, but that is by far the exception, not the rile.

• Like 3

I posted about our Latitudes Wines Around the World experience in post #59 in my V!va trip report (link below)

There were so many people with sufficient “status” that Viva set up 2 wine tastings and changed the venue to a larger space in Commodore. Big change from

last Sept Prima when it was full before people even boarded.

Viva’s CruiseNext team (also the Latitudes team) has been very helpful, especially Rafael (my husband refers to him as Sinbad 🤩). He provided us the times for both the wine tasting and behind the scenes and mentioned they'd had to add extra times due to popularity and the number of Platinum and above (1000+) onboard. 
Make a beeline for the CruiseNext Desk after boarding unless you’re in suites or Haven, then let the concierge coordinate for you.

Edited by ColdCruise

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Can the CruiseNext Desk help with changing dinner reservations for Platinum and up or does that still need to be done elsewhere (Bliss)?

No, you need to go to the Restaurant Reservations Desk in the Atrium near the Guest Services Desk to make changes.

• Thanks 1

As said, non suite concierge well documented does not exist.  I'd also say from many Haven sailings it also barely exists there especially based on who concierge is.

Rest of benefits, no online options like you'd think there would be.  Waste your time first day in the CN line for things that might already be not available.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 3:53 PM, dexddd said:

As said, non suite concierge well documented does not exist.  I'd also say from many Haven sailings it also barely exists there especially based on who concierge is.

Rest of benefits, no online options like you'd think there would be.  Waste your time first day in the CN line for things that might already be not available.

We enjoy the behind the scenes tours and the wine tasting. DH picks up a couple of beverages and I wait in line then we sip our drinks and people watch before booking our benefits at CN. We don't consider it a waste of time because before the luggage arrives or the staterooms are ready what else should we be doing? 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Catchum said:

We enjoy the behind the scenes tours and the wine tasting. DH picks up a couple of beverages and I wait in line then we sip our drinks and people watch before booking our benefits at CN. We don't consider it a waste of time because before the luggage arrives or the staterooms are ready what else should we be doing? 

Anything other than waiting in a line for something that could be automated like other reservations.

On 11/22/2023 at 8:17 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Can the CruiseNext Desk help with changing dinner reservations for Platinum and up or does that still need to be done elsewhere (Bliss)?

No. You go the the Dinner Reservation desk to make dinner reservations. Much faster than waiting in line at the CN desk

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

It is a disservice for NCL to perpetuate the perk of Concierge service available to non suite platinum guests.  I had the one experience I cited earlier, and one other time I called and asked if this was in fact available and he nicely said “no, the concierge have so much on their plate they can’t take on anything else”.  I know some people have reported getting help, but that is by far the exception, not the rile.

It is a non-benefit like "Priority Restaurant Seating". When there is a line at The Local/O'Sheehan's, I have tried the "I am a Diamond member, can I get priority seating"... to be told "please stand in line like everyone else".