Gulp. I just booked Experience 360. Is it worth it?

hllwdcruiser

I'm a sucker for anything new that Princess has to offer, but I fear DH is going to have a coronary when he finds out how much it costs.
I told him I booked something special for us, but I gave him no details.
I know many in the suites have experienced it for free, but would you deem it worth it if you had to pay? Would you do it again?
If you were to compare the menu to Chef's Table or Winemaker's, is there any similarity?
Do you remember how long the experience lasts?

• Like 1

Oh I would do anything to try that.  While I would say gulp like you, I would still do it.  Anyone who has done it has said how amazing it was, very unique.  

I so hope you enjoy it! Please come back and let us know how you like it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I'm a sucker for anything new that Princess has to offer, but I fear DH is going to have a coronary when he finds out how much it costs.
I told him I booked something special for us, but I gave him no details.
I know many in the suites have experienced it for free, but would you deem it worth it if you had to pay? Would you do it again?
If you were to compare the menu to Chef's Table or Winemaker's, is there any similarity?
Do you remember how long the experience lasts?

I would hazard around 90 minutes because more than one poster has stated reservation times of 5:30pm and 7:30pm and they need time to get everyone out, clean up and setup for the next group.

I think this is hard question to ask general public since people have different values for experiences and food. 

I would say if you would put down the dollars for CT Lumiere or the new WMD, then 360 is more or less in that price bracket.  If you avoid those and just do SD (e.g. Crown Grill or Sabi's), then perhaps you wouldn't see the value.  Of course, curiosity can often win the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Oh I would do anything to try that.  While I would say gulp like you, I would still do it.  Anyone who has done it has said how amazing it was, very unique.  

I so hope you enjoy it! Please come back and let us know how you like it.

Thank you! That was just the bump I needed to feel ok about my decision! I feel the same way as you. As soon as I heard about it, I wanted to try it.
I will definitely report back ~ I saw on a recent live that we are now allowed to take photos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed it complimentary having been in a suite. I enjoyed the experience more then the food although I found enough to eat. I would not pay $150 for it. I do not drink so the wine pairing was wasted on me. It's really a bit more than $150 when you factor in you've already paid for all your meals .

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I would hazard around 90 minutes because more than one poster has stated reservation times of 5:30pm and 7:30pm and they need time to get everyone out, clean up and setup for the next group.

I think this is hard question to ask general public since people have different values for experiences and food. 

I would say if you would put down the dollars for CT Lumiere or the new WMD, then 360 is more or less in that price bracket.  If you avoid those and just do SD (e.g. Crown Grill or Sabi's), then perhaps you wouldn't see the value.  Of course, curiosity can often win the day.

I agree. The thing is, this isn't just about the food, one has to factor in the experience as well.
We did the CT when it hovered around $100 (was it $99? I can't remember) but we never shelled out for Lumiere. WMD would be a meal we would choose to partake in on every cruise, but we'll pass on the new Caymus one. 
The part that I think I'm really curious about is the experience. Just like giving credence to any review, you have to look at the responses with the understanding that everyone's opinions may differ. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I enjoyed it complimentary having been in a suite. I enjoyed the experience more then the food although I found enough to eat. I would not pay $150 for it. I do not drink so the wine pairing was wasted on me. It's really a bit more than $150 when you factor in you've already paid for all your meals .

I was just thinking that, about the fact we've already paid for all our meals onboard. 
I think this will be a one and done for us, just so we can experience it. 

• Like 2

We were invited about a year ago. It was absolutely one of the best things I’ve ever experienced! I was hesitant even with a free invitation due to some eating restrictions. We also do not drink. They catered to all our needs and went above and beyond to make sure we had the WHOLE experience. While I don’t think I would ever pay for it, I sure am glad we got to do it. If you have the money and are celebrating something, or just need to celebrate something, I say go for it. IT WAS AMAZING!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I totally get it. I just paid to reserve it for our family of 5 for New Year’s Eve. I was sort of nauseous about the price, but I really wanted to do something very special for our NYE celebration and it seems it is more than just a fabulous meal. It is a show and an experience! I pay $150 for theatre tickets so I just kind of looked at it like that - it is a one time splurge for my family and we will make a special memory. So hoping I will walk away saying it was worth it - I know it will be a great surprise for them!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Yes!  You have to try it once.  Great experience, unlike the other CT or WMD.  Sensory effects are great.  What a nice surprise for your DH.

We probably won’t do it again, but we did really enjoy it.

Unless, we are going to surprise another family member with it.  🥴

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I agree. The thing is, this isn't just about the food, one has to factor in the experience as well.
We did the CT when it hovered around $100 (was it $99? I can't remember) but we never shelled out for Lumiere. WMD would be a meal we would choose to partake in on every cruise, but we'll pass on the new Caymus one. 
The part that I think I'm really curious about is the experience. Just like giving credence to any review, you have to look at the responses with the understanding that everyone's opinions may differ. 

You cannot do the old WMD.

19 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Beg to differ...still offering both on Majestic. We had old; offered Caymus as well, but cancelled due to low number of takers.

Alright.  Thanks for the note.  I had the impression it was gone.  Are you saying they are having a WMD for under $50/pp?  Hardly makes sense with CG at $39 and UBD at $55.

I would think as long as they offer a bargain WMD (unless pouring plonk), they will have a difficult time selling seats for a chance to have the Caymus cab for circa $150.

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Alright.  Thanks for the note.  I had the impression it was gone.  Are you saying they are having a WMD for under $50/pp?  Hardly makes sense with CG at $39 and UBD at $55.

I would think as long as they offer a bargain WMD (unless pouring plonk), they will have a difficult time selling seats for a chance to have the Caymus cab for circa $150.

👍 invitations given and accepted,  only later informed the event was canceled 😞.  $210.00 AU. was too steep for invited guests. Sad ...

Yes. Our pockets aren't sewn shut but, we are a minority on board.  We'll try again 🥂

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in a reserve mini-suite on the Discovery a few weeks ago & were comped 360.  Thrilled to get it for free, but, yes, we would have done it at cost.  We thought it was the best dining experience we've had in 35 cruises--for the artfully presented delicious tasting menu; the accompanying beverages; the impeccable service (one server for the two of us); the intimate venue that allows for the 360 immersive experience of the sights & sounds of Greece, Italy, Spain & France; & the super fun interactive table projections.  The whole experience was delicious, surprising & delightful.

Pre-Covid, we did the Chef's Dinner that included the galley tour--a very good meal (too much food) with nice presentation but not anything like 360.  Apples & Oranges.

I say, if at all within your budget, go & enjoy!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, teachtocruis said:

I was hesitant even with a free invitation due to some eating restrictions. We also do not drink. They catered to all our needs and went above and beyond to make sure we had the WHOLE experience.

I have heard this and are curious how they found out about your eating restrictions.  Do they ask when you are invited?  Do they alter the choices for you too?

I ask because we did 360 in October 2022 right after they started the trial on the Discovery.  We weren't asked about preferences and there were a couple of things we'd change.  First off we didn't touch the Octopus (note others around us were commenting on how tender it was but it's not our thing).  Second the steak came mooing as in if it came close to the cow it would heal back to the source.  I like mine medium, DH likes his medium well.  The waitstaff disappeared after delivering each course so we couldn't send it back nor would it have been appropriate given the timed visuals.

Thought it was weird that they didn't ask because folks have such clear preferences for how they like their steaks.  I'm asking because we booked a full suite on the Enchanted next Spring and we will be invited back.  If the meal is "as is" DH won't want anything to do with it.  I'm hoping to go again as it was a wonderful experience, but would just like it better if we didn't have to skip a couple of the courses.

It could very well be that they adapted after the trial.  When we were leaving we saw TV monitors were set up for every couple so they definitely observed us and I'm guessing that there were hidden microphones too.  We weren't asked for opinions but that's because they likely already knew.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I have heard this and are curious how they found out about your eating restrictions.  Do they ask when you are invited?  Do they alter the choices for you too?

I ask because we did 360 in October 2022 right after they started the trial on the Discovery.  We weren't asked about preferences and there were a couple of things we'd change.  First off we didn't touch the Octopus (note others around us were commenting on how tender it was but it's not our thing).  Second the steak came mooing as in if it came close to the cow it would heal back to the source.  I like mine medium, DH likes his medium well.  The waitstaff disappeared after delivering each course so we couldn't send it back nor would it have been appropriate given the timed visuals.

Thought it was weird that they didn't ask because folks have such clear preferences for how they like their steaks.  I'm asking because we booked a full suite on the Enchanted next Spring and we will be invited back.  If the meal is "as is" DH won't want anything to do with it.  I'm hoping to go again as it was a wonderful experience, but would just like it better if we didn't have to skip a couple of the courses.

It could very well be that they adapted after the trial.  When we were leaving we saw TV monitors were set up for every couple so they definitely observed us and I'm guessing that there were hidden microphones too.  We weren't asked for opinions but that's because they likely already knew.

We did it on the Enchanted this spring, March 2023.  We were asked about allergies or foods we could not eat, how we wanted our steaks, etc, so it should be asked for you also.  If not asked ahead of time, make sure to tell them once OB.  You can just call the dine line once OB.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jwattle said:

Beg to differ...still offering both on Majestic. We had old; offered Caymus as well, but cancelled due to low number of takers.

Yes! I knew I had read that somewhere. I followed your live from but not sure if I saw it there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

We did it on the Enchanted this spring, March 2023.  We were asked about allergies or foods we could not eat, how we wanted our steaks, etc, so it should be asked for you also.  If not asked ahead of time, make sure to tell them once OB.  You can just call the dine line once OB.

Thank you, good to know they adapted after the trial!

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

On the Discovery they were very clear that there were no substitutions except for allergies. It was a marvelous meal. The octopus was remarkable and to our taste the steak was over cooked , we like our steaks very rare. Much better than any  chefs or wine dinner I have ever had on 🛳️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

On the Discovery they were very clear that there were no substitutions except for allergies. It was a marvelous meal. The octopus was remarkable and to our taste the steak was over cooked , we like our steaks very rare. Much better than any  chefs or wine dinner I have ever had on 🛳️ 

You would have loved our steaks then.  As for substitutions we could just ask them to hold the octopus.  As I recall it was served on lettuce and we could nibble on that.

• Like 1