Luggage Tags

janetz

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Cruise lines are saving money by not sending out luggage tags.  Don’t print your own. Just ask the porters at the pier to attack tags.  They use tags that are strong.  

That is always an option. I am a little too OCD to trust everything gets tagged correctly during the hectic boarding process. I use the plastic holders with the metal loops to hold my tags and also place an unfolded tag in the luggage itself. Just removes one more little thing to do when unloading the car and passengers and I know the room number and ship section are correct on the tag (Florida, drive to a lot of ports). Some of my trips that require flights I have used the hotel service to drop luggage (such as Pan Pacific in Vancouver), where they I believe they require the luggage to be already tagged.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2023 at 1:45 PM, RedIguana said:

That is always an option. I am a little too OCD to trust everything gets tagged correctly during the hectic boarding process. I use the plastic holders with the metal loops to hold my tags and also place an unfolded tag in the luggage itself. Just removes one more little thing to do when unloading the car and passengers and I know the room number and ship section are correct on the tag (Florida, drive to a lot of ports). Some of my trips that require flights I have used the hotel service to drop luggage (such as Pan Pacific in Vancouver), where they I believe they require the luggage to be already tagged.

I agree. I wouldn't count on the Porters. We do the same thing. One thing I do is that I use a clip of the tag and drop it in a Powerpoint and type in our names in several places on the tag before cutting them out and putting them in the plastic holders. Here's a link to the plastic tag holders: Amazon.com: Cruise Luggage Tags for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise Essentials in 2023-2024 : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

16 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I agree. I wouldn't count on the Porters. We do the same thing. One thing I do is that I use a clip of the tag and drop it in a Powerpoint and type in our names in several places on the tag before cutting them out and putting them in the plastic holders. Here's a link to the plastic tag holders: Amazon.com: Cruise Luggage Tags for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise Essentials in 2023-2024 : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

Although I do  have some of the thin ones specific for RCL ships, the fatter ones for the Carnival group will also work for RCL, but not the other way around. So if you cruise multiple lines the fat ones may be the way to go if you don't want a gaggle of different tag holders in your cruise tote. I think I need a bigger tote........

🤪

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:31 PM, Redtravel said:

Forget printing luggage tags.  When you get to the ship, ask the porters to tag your luggage. Tell them your cabin number. 

On 11/29/2023 at 2:33 PM, Redtravel said:

Cruise lines are saving money by not sending out luggage tags.  Don’t print your own. Just ask the porters at the pier to attack tags.  They use tags that are strong.  

I used to be in this crowd then San Pedro/L.A. stopped doing this and forced the tagless into a long (30+ minutes) line where the porter will check your name and stateroom number before issuing your tags.  Was told too many people were giving the porters the wrong room numbers, receiving their luggage late and therefore giving the terminal low marks on the survey.  I spent $6 on amazon for luggage tag holders and now print them out as I'm not sure if and when other ports may do this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, doghog said:

They will be available to print 30 days prior to your sail date. 

Usually but after checking every day for the last 4 days  found my Edocs showed up on the website for a Jan  2nd. .2024 cruise at 27 Days out.

Also IF you are awarded a MoveUp upgrade your Edocs will probably never show your New stateroom number luggage tags so you will have to have tags made out at the pier on arrival.

MoveUp is operated by an outside contractor and it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.........

9 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Usually but after checking every day for the last 4 days  found my Edocs showed up on the website for a Jan  2nd. .2024 cruise at 27 Days out.

Also IF you are awarded a MoveUp upgrade your Edocs will probably never show your New stateroom number luggage tags so you will have to have tags made out at the pier on arrival.

MoveUp is operated by an outside contractor and it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.........

I guess there are exceptions. Not my experiences. Always at the 30 day mark. Like check in, 45 day mark. 

Edited by doghog

8 minutes ago, D. B. said:

We haven't won a moveup bid sooner than a week out but in two recent cases where we won around two weeks out we did receive updated eDocs with updated luggage tags.  Also, we know the bidding is handled by the third-party MoveUp (PlusGrade) but we don't know if they have direct access to X's reservation system and may send X over a spreadsheet meaning there's a lot of manual work for X employees

On 11/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, Redtravel said:

True for some lines. I received my printed tags for Oceania about two weeks prior to my November cruise on Vista.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We haven't won a moveup bid sooner than a week out but in two recent cases where we won around two weeks out we did receive updated eDocs with updated luggage tags.  Also, we know the bidding is handled by the third-party MoveUp (PlusGrade) but we don't know if they have direct access to X's reservation system and may send X over a spreadsheet meaning there's a lot of manual work for X employees

I'm glad if they Fixed the MoveUp luggage tags in the Edocs. I'm 0 for 2 on that.

1 minute ago, Orator said:

True for some lines. I received my printed tags for Oceania about two weeks prior to my November cruise on Vista.

The ones Oceania send out are not very secure so I trim them down to the size that fits into the clear holders we use for Celebrity and I feel the steel cable that's used with them are stronger.

2 minutes ago, D. B. said:

The ones Oceania send out are not very secure so I trim them down to the size that fits into the clear holders we use for Celebrity and I feel the steel cable that's used with them are stronger.

Even when Celebrity mailed out luggage tags I still put them in the plastic luggage tag sleeves that have the cable for securing them to the suit case. Always done at the pre cruise hotel.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm guessing there's a cutoff so may be SOL if you win 3 days out

Mine were both 2 weeks out but that was a year ago.

When I called X and they said they had no connection to MoveUp so IF they have fixed That we are all better off!

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2023 at 1:45 PM, RedIguana said:

That is always an option. I am a little too OCD to trust everything gets tagged correctly

That's the best option---- Everything will get tagged correctly as long as you " tag " their palm with a few $$.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

That's the best option---- Everything will get tagged correctly as long as you " tag " their palm with a few $$.

If the terminal allows that, as stated, San Pedo (L.A.) doesn't, you have to wait in a long line to obtain your tags if you didn't bring them

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If the terminal allows that, as stated, San Pedo (L.A.) doesn't, you have to wait in a long line to obtain your tags if you didn't bring them

My suggestion is from our experiences at Port Everglades and Miami— Arrive by 11:30 am , never had to wait in a line , gave my Stateroom number, tipped a few $$ —never had a problem.