Elite happy hour free drinks available in the retreat pool area or resturant?

dleahy4444

We are considering bidding on a Move Up from a veranda to a sky suite. We are not buying the drink package. Since the upgrade would be a Move Up, I don’t think we get the included drink package perk. Since we are Elite tier, I believe we can get selected drinks at most bars for free from 5-7. Does that include the bar on the Retreat sun deck and the Retreat resturant?

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

We are considering bidding on a Move Up from a veranda to a sky suite. We are not buying the drink package. Since the upgrade would be a Move Up, I don’t think we get the included drink package perk. Since we are Elite tier, I believe we can get selected drinks at most bars for free from 5-7. Does that include the bar on the Retreat sun deck and the Retreat resturant?

No ELITE drinks in other restaurants on the ship, so I doubt they will be in  Lumninea.

• Like 1

Luminae no -     I don't think so in the Retreat Sun Deck as they ask for your drink card.

You can however get unlimited drinks in the Lounge and walk upstairs and enjoy them.   Personally I've never understood that restriction.   Zenith members have access to Retreat again but aren't allowed on the Sun Deck.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your responses. The Move Up minimums are pretty pricey. Apparently some folk received an email last week with a 15% discount on the bidding ranges fr the same chip and sailing but I did not. I also did not receive an email that the bidding on Move Up had opened. I found it when I went to manage my reservation .I have called and written to Celebrity a dozen times to try to correct an apparent proble with my email, but you know how that goes….

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

From everything I have heard, yes. 

Thank you. I will try to verify directly with Move Up but whenever I call any department at Celebrity I get different answers, that’s if I manage to get through at all.

Has anyone reading this have personal experience actually Moved Up to a suite without having the drink package and was able get free drinks in the Retreat?

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you. I will try to verify directly with Move Up but whenever I call any department at Celebrity I get different answers, that’s if I manage to get through at all.

Has anyone reading this have personal experience actually Moved Up to a suite without having the drink package and was able get free drinks in the Retreat?

Yes. Personal experience. This was on an S-class a year ago in June. We received free drinks in Michael's Club whenever we wanted them ... 

37 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Only Royal has the Crown ( used to be Diamond ) lounge. Royal does a lot more for Diamond than Celebrity does for Elite.

3 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Yes. Personal experience. This was on an S-class a year ago in June. We received free drinks in Michael's Club whenever we wanted them ... 

nice!!!!

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Luminae no -     I don't think so in the Retreat Sun Deck as they ask for your drink card.

You can however get unlimited drinks in the Lounge and walk upstairs and enjoy them.   Personally I've never understood that restriction.   Zenith members have access to Retreat again but aren't allowed on the Sun Deck.

Just a guess that the Retreat Lounge is meant to feel like a Club Lounge at a high end Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, or Marriott hotel where everything is available complementary.

I'm of course not saying that it does or doesn't make sense, just a theory on why it is the way it is.

• Thanks 1

While I have not asked in MC or The Retreat. I have heard in the past that if you wanted higher end booze you might have to pay. I'm talking about booze above the PDP.  I have heard that JWB in MC was $20 a shot. Might be higher now.

• Thanks 1

The policy is that drinks in MC/Retreat lounge are complementary at the Premium package level.  Generally they will try to provide things within reason.

On the last couple of sailings in the last 2 months I was a bit disappointed that it was difficult to get Champagne from the premium package and they would serve the bilge water sparkling wine.  I looked it up and it's $5.99 a bottle at Total Wine and only drinkable in a mimosa.   It was a day or 2 before they even stocked Chandon which is the lower of the 2 premium sparkling offerings on the premium package.  Same in the MDR and Sky Lounges.  One time in the Sky lounge I asked for Chandon and they went in the back and got a bottle and served me 2 glasses which were room temp.  I handed them to the bar manager and asked that they not serve others from that bottle.  He just took them from me and didn't offer a replacement or apology.

• Haha 1