Debating a move up bid on Eclipse from Aqua to suite (midship)

zitsky

I received a move up email on 11/24 which may be out of date.  An inventory check shows only Sunset Suite aft or Royal Suite midship.  Eclipse 12/23 South America.  I’ll check the others but can anyone tell me which other suite categories might be midship?  It’s a South America cruise in summer, December and we’re not sure how smooth the ocean will be.

I think Celebrity Suite is midship?  Minimum bids seem pretty low.  $1250 pp for Celebrity Suite and $1750 pp for Royal.  Of course I’m not assuming these are the successful bids.

Move up email was received on 11/24 so a week ago.  So is inventory I see today accurate?

If you’re looking at inventory you must know how to find a deck plan. Take a look. Your MoveUp email also has nothing to do with what inventory was available last week. If you’re looking today that’s as close to real time as you’ll get. 

• Like 1

LOL.

I am confused.  In another thread you are talking about moving down to Aqua.  But in this thread you want to move up?  Price/value?

The cruise that I had an accepted move up offer on was sold out.  Obviously people cancelled and there was some additional inventory.  If you want it,  bid what you feel comfortable with.  And good luck.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

LOL.

I am confused.  In another thread you are talking about moving down to Aqua.  But in this thread you want to move up?  Price/value?

The cruise that I had an accepted move up offer on was sold out.  Obviously people cancelled and there was some additional inventory.  If you want it,  bid what you feel comfortable with.  And good luck.

@NMTraveller Move up related to current cruise not next one.  Current cruise has many sea days where Retreat is a benefit.  If I can upgrade at minimal cost I’d consider it.  Next one does not.  Many people book more than one cruise at a time.

@paulh84 yes I know how to read a deck plan.  And yes I know an email sent a week ago doesn’t reflect current inventory.

I’m asking how realistic is my five minute search for inventory and it seems pretty accurate.  Basically I’m trying to decide if a bid is worth it given low inventory.

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m asking how realistic is my five minute search for inventory and it seems pretty accurate.  Basically I’m trying to decide if a bid is worth it given low inventory.

who cares what the inventory is.  If it's worth it to you, then submit the bid.

7 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

who cares what the inventory is.  If it's worth it to you, then submit the bid.

I know things may move around.  I just don’t know what if anything is available so I tried to search on my own.  Yes we may do it and see what happens.  

We booked this two years ago before we had tried a Sky Suite.  Even without a butler Luminae is a nice perk.  I wish Blu was open for lunch.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

A bid cost you nothing and takes less than two minutes to do.  If you are interested then bid, does not matter if inventory is showing or not because life happens and things can change overnight.  

• Thanks 2

I would go ahead and bid.  There was zero inventory for Aqua on my cruise,  yet I was awarded a moveup for Aqua.  I thought that my chances were next to none yet I won.  People cancel and the inventory changes.  The lines can sell the lower level rooms easier.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Thanks 1

We are currently on the Eclipse in an Aqua Sky Suite that we got with a Move Up bid. It is magnificent. There is no comparison to the Prime Aqua Class stateroom we sailed on in October on the same ship. We would bid again in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FlutePrayer said:

We are currently on the Eclipse in an Aqua Sky Suite that we got with a Move Up bid. It is magnificent. There is no comparison to the Prime Aqua Class stateroom we sailed on in October on the same ship. We would bid again in a heartbeat.

Yes, great location and should be quite.