Stuffed Olives in Crooners?

sad549s

On 12/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, mtnesterz said:

No, but Princess will sell you Michael Godard's art work. (Which often features stuffed olives.)

Uggh.  Does any one actually buy that on board?

Stuffed olives - and cards with a recipe on the back of each one - went the way of the Dodo long ago. However, if you would like a really great Extra Spicy Bloody Mary I can recommend Crooner's. If you are a lady my wife suggests trying Sailing Through Orchards which she enjoyed multiple times at Crooner's on our recent cruise(s). Neither of us had heard of it before and some other bars didn't have it as an option but my wife absolutely loved it. She also highly recommends the Mango Daiquiri at Good Spirits.

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Stuffed olives - and cards with a recipe on the back of each one - went the way of the Dodo long ago. However, if you would like a really great Extra Spicy Bloody Mary I can recommend Crooner's. If you are a lady my wife suggests trying Sailing Through Orchards which she enjoyed multiple times at Crooner's on our recent cruise(s). Neither of us had heard of it before and some other bars didn't have it as an option but my wife absolutely loved it. She also highly recommends the Mango Daiquiri at Good Spirits.

I am afraid this sounds a little sexist to me. My wife is the Bloody Mary drinker in the family. My late morning drink is Spiced Rum and OJ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, memoak said:

I am afraid this sounds a little sexist to me. My wife is the Bloody Mary drinker in the family. My late morning drink is Spiced Rum and OJ

Sexist? Really?? My wife despises Tomato Juice. I love it. I despise Spiced Rum (Why would one ruin rum? Give me some Foursquare Rum from Jamaica... (Actually, my wife - who pretty much drinks Grand Marnier as her "only" straight booze - was able to drink (and enjoy!) Foursquare Rum. It is fabulous. I don't understand how a rum choice could possibly be "sexist".

I apologize if you were just being "funny" but, where I live (California) soooooooooooooo many people have their heads so firmly planted up their backsides and are, therefore, so easily offended, I pretty much had to explain my position.

(Dang, I really wish people weren't so easily offended these day and actually found "real" issues to worry about.)

Note: I am not including @memoak in this "easily offended" group.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sexist? Really?? My wife despises Tomato Juice. I love it. I despise Spiced Rum (Why would one ruin rum? Give me some Foursquare Rum from Jamaica... (Actually, my wife - who pretty much drinks Grand Marnier as her "only" straight booze - was able to drink (and enjoy!) Foursquare Rum. It is fabulous. I don't understand how a rum choice could possibly be "sexist".

I apologize if you were just being "funny" but, where I live (California) soooooooooooooo many people have their heads so firmly planted up their backsides and are, therefore, so easily offended, I pretty much had to explain my position.

(Dang, I really wish people weren't so easily offended these day and actually found "real" issues to worry about.)

Note: I am not including @memoak in this "easily offended" group.

It is because you termed “drinks for ladies”. You seem to like martinis which is what my wife drinks. So I am only referring to you comment about drinks for ladies. As fit rum I would never mix a good rum with OJ but for a morning eye opener Captain Morgan mixes well with the OJ

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Are these olives traditionally stuffed with pimento, or something different?

Various items, an almond, jalapeño, blue cheese.  I think there may have been another one but that’s what I remember,

On 12/9/2023 at 4:30 PM, t&atravel said:

Various items, an almond, jalapeño, blue cheese.  I think there may have been another one but that’s what I remember,

Not easy to find unless in Spain or Italy but anchovy stuffed olives are amazing. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 2:56 AM, Thrak said:

Because you care if they're easily offended, they win by getting inside your head with their values.  If I say something that I truly believe, and someone is offended, I'm not really sorry - I just don't care...

I wonder how many people will get offended by that?  ☺️ 

P.S. Is it ok if I'm offended if I can't get an olive flight at Crooners?

Edited by Daniel A

On 12/2/2023 at 1:41 PM, satxdiver said:

I was on the Emerald last month and they had stuffed olives at Good Spirits.  I had one in every morning bloody mary that I ordered.

On 12/2/2023 at 1:43 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I got a tray of really nice stuffed ones last year on the Ruby.  From time to time, they may just have them available.  

My last cruise on Regal, Crooners didn't have the flights of stuffed olives.  When I asked why, I was told that it is up to individual bartenders to have the flights available.

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh wow .. that’s interesting!  

I chalked it up to new hires replacing crew members who got laid off during the pandemic and got new jobs elsewhere.  Maybe the newer bartenders don't know they were available pre-pandemic.  I can't imagine bartenders personally stuffing olives, but the bartender might be responsible for ordering supplies and stock and doesn't know they're available.

• Like 1