Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, BND said:

After seeing some of the luggage posted on social media, I'm sure some people are still unpacking 😉

LOL!  Yup, it took us 3 times as long to unpack than with other cruises.  That on top of our exhausting travel day, but got it done for a late lunch.  Finally hanging my little LED battery Xmas lights now.  🙂 

I also have 2 solar powered flickering candles out.  One for the balcony, and one makes a perfect night light in the bathroom after charging it up outside.  

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!  Yup, it took us 3 times as long to unpack than with other cruises.  That on top of our exhausting travel day, but got it done for a late lunch.  Finally hanging my little LED battery Xmas lights now.  🙂 

I also have 2 solar powered flickering candles out.  One for the balcony, and one makes a perfect night light in the bathroom after charging it up outside.  

Home away from home., 

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2023 at 7:45 AM, island lady said:

And speaking of John and Laura...had a wonderful time with them for drinks at VCL bar (Steve the bartender fantastic)...then we all transferred to the CL to our favorite bar seats for another set of before dinner drinks.  🙂 

Just curious for this WC, are Ds allowed in the CL during the HH? 

26 minutes ago, doghog said:

There are two lounges - the CL would be the Crown Lounge - which (if our B2B Panama Canal cruise was any indication) will morph into the entire VCL space. The Suite Lounge on this ship is only available to full Suite passengers and those 41 Pins on the entire WC who were already Pins when they boarded.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ah…solar flickering candles……now I’ll have to check them out on Amazon and add another item to my things to bring on a cruise list…..your cabin sounds amazing 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There are two lounges - the CL would be the Crown Lounge - which (if our B2B Panama Canal cruise was any indication) will morph into the entire VCL space. The Suite Lounge on this ship is only available to full Suite passengers and those 41 Pins on the entire WC who were already Pins when they boarded.

Sorry have to wait for Pat to answer.😉

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

On the second canal cruise the doors to the VCL were never opened, the concierge told us he had been told not to open them. For the HH only Pins and D+ were allowed in so I'd guess it would be the same for the WC (however will wait for confirmation😁).

Edited by kernow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Yes.  They are actually, surprisingly..... opening up the connecting door from the former DL (now Crown Lounge) into the VCL area.  Roped off section along the windows.  

Our usual spot at the VCL bar starting just after 4 pm, we find it gets very noisy all around us when they start to file into the surrounding area.  So by 5 pm, we transfer to the CL (as in Concierge Lounge).  Then dinner at 5:30.  Works for us!  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ah…solar flickering candles……now I’ll have to check them out on Amazon and add another item to my things to bring on a cruise list…..your cabin sounds amazing 

Thanks...this cabin is enough to spoil us for the next 2 months.  😉 

Yes, we love those solar candles... easily charged during the day in the light, then last all night!   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes.  They are actually, surprisingly..... opening up the connecting door from the former DL (now Crown Lounge) into the VCL area.  Roped off section along the windows.  

Our usual spot at the VCL bar starting just after 4 pm, we find it gets very noisy all around us when they start to file into the surrounding area.  So by 5 pm, we transfer to the CL (as in Concierge Lounge).  Then dinner at 5:30.  Works for us!  😉 

We find the Concierge lounge much more relaxing, especially the outdoor area.😇🥃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We find the Concierge lounge much more relaxing, especially the outdoor area.😇🥃

We have always been a fan of sitting at the end of the little half circle bar.  We are only in there for a short time due to early dinner...but is so nice and quiet to transfer into there just before dinner, once the VCL gets cranking loudly by 4:30.  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I did not post about it at first...just to be sure it all went well.  Very happy we were able to do it...we love our Grand Suites!  With this one for 63 nights...very comfortable!  🥰

I am blown away by this.  SO MUCH congrats! 

I was curious how the World Cruise would handle the Royal Up's.  Assuming your original cabin was a JS or a balcony?  Is there anything you could share about dollar values.  Obv not your winning bid, but what the min/max was for that and other categories?  Again curious because it's SIXTY-THREE nights!!!

Congrats again and enjoy the next 61 nights 🙂

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jenna said:

I wonder what would happen if a full WCer got pregnant during the first few months. Would Royal kick them off? I ask this as I am rocking my 4 month old cruise souvenir to sleep 🙂

I doubt there's any woman of childbearing age doing the entire WC.  The photos I've seen of the gala dinner for the WCers didn't exactly seem to have anyone under 50 lol.  

But, as the rules for pregnancy are strictly enforced, I'm guessing they would send them home prior to the cutoff of 23 weeks.  They can't really give any exceptions because it's a medical/liability issue.

DH and I were talking about the cost earlier and how our CFP would react if we said we needed 6 figures from our accounts to go on this cruise.   You know, hitting up the principle and all.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BND said:

DH and I were talking about the cost earlier and how our CFP would react if we said we needed 6 figures from our accounts to go on this cruise.

Our CFP would understand, but I’m not sure we could explain to our kids where their inheritance went.😇

• Haha 9

54 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

I am blown away by this.  SO MUCH congrats! 

I was curious how the World Cruise would handle the Royal Up's.  Assuming your original cabin was a JS or a balcony?  Is there anything you could share about dollar values.  Obv not your winning bid, but what the min/max was for that and other categories?  Again curious because it's SIXTY-THREE nights!!!

Congrats again and enjoy the next 61 nights 🙂

Thanks!  🙂 I had a balcony.   I bid just over minimum for the GS.  All along had been told the JS cabins and up were solidly sold out, even from the very beginning by full WC pax.  And checking every month confirmed it...even to the end.  

Bucky was not interested in going into a JS...wanted to go all the way to GS (our favorite class of cabin)...so we both laughed at the thought.  Was for sure that was never going to happen.  But took the bait anyway...what the heck?  

I guess never say never.  😉 

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Our CFP would understand, but I’m not sure we could explain to our kids where their inheritance went.😇

Oh, ours would too but he'd just say, are you sure you want to do this and then say he'd have to figure out what to move where, what to sell in order to do it without impacting our accounts as much.  We actually are doing our monthly meeting with him this afternoon. 

• Like 1