Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Probably so they wouldn’t miss the fireworks outside….

Yup...could not be in two places at once.  😉

Logically well planned out.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I had the PB&J Old Fashion in Mason Jar. I really like the PB whiskey just to sip plain.

Fun Fact…I’m originally from San Diego, and one of the beach towns where I lived (one of the many places in my 20’s), Ocean Beach, is where it originated. 

https://theresandiego.com/skrewball-whiskey-story/

They actually had a totally different drink listed on the drink menu for combo with the whiskey.  I gave the bartender instructions on how they made it for me on Wonder.   Skrewball peanut butter whiskey, Chambord, splash of Cranberry juice on the rocks.  Yummm!  Not sure why Schooner bar is only one that has Skrewball...but gives me excuse to bar hop a bit more.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Was very happy we were lucky enough to be on Starboard side.  I did walk up to open decks 12 and even 13 aft to check it out before the start of the show, but it was too nuts up there with pax (and crew)  stacked deep along the railing. 

Then found we actually had the perfect (and more comfortable) spot to view the fireworks from our own balcony.  🙂 

• Like 11

Not many pax out and about this morning.  Not even our cabin attendants are working yet, and it's 9:30 am.  

Many sleeping it off.  😉  

Enjoyed our usual breakfast at 8 am...Ellen was her usual bright and cheerful self.  And she did not steal my hat!!  😄 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Finally caught up!  Happy New Year to the UWC cruisers!  Loving following along and appreciate the drama-free version so I can avoid the you-tubers and tik-tockers that have never actually been on a ship!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice day to just relax at sea....and one of my favorite things to do on one....read a good novel.  🙂 

Rain this morning has passed us up and given everyone a beautifully sunny day.  🌞  Bucky somewhere up on one of the quieter decks in a lounge chair reading, while I stay out of the sun and just read in the cabin. 

Thinking of signing up for the always funny egg drop contest for tomorrow...just have to get creative with a contraption.  Have never entered one of those before, but always love watching it.  😄 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

Skrewball peanut butter Whiskey and cherry Pepsi zero is my drink at home. Having a fun time traveling along with you-thanks. happy New Year!

MMm....so many ways to enjoy a good taste of Peanut Butter.  😉  

The drink they had listed in the Schooner bar was a "Tropical" Peanut Butter with Pineapple juice.  I do like it just straight on the rocks too.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

MMm....so many ways to enjoy a good taste of Peanut Butter.  😉  

The drink they had listed in the Schooner bar was a "Tropical" Peanut Butter with Pineapple juice.  I do like it just straight on the rocks too.  

I had a bartender on Anthem make me a "Peanut Butter Cup".  Skrewball, Creme de Cacao, + a mystery ingredient (he added Bailey's).  It was tasty, but strong.  I changed the mystery ingredient to cream.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

I had a bartender on Anthem make me a "Peanut Butter Cup".  Skrewball, Creme de Cacao, + a mystery ingredient (he added Bailey's).  It was tasty, but strong.  I changed the mystery ingredient to cream.

Remember when we were kids and ate "Fluffernutters"?   Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches?  Or err....maybe that was just a Michigan thing?  😁  Oh yeah, no calories in that eh?   Wonder if they make a Fluffernutter drink?  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Remember when we were kids and ate "Fluffernutters"?   Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches?  Or err....maybe that was just a Michigan thing?  😁  Oh yeah, no calories in that eh?   Wonder if they make a Fluffernutter drink?  😄 

Yes, I enjoyed many Fluffernutters, so not just a Michigan thing.

Schooner has a toasted marshmallow old fashion.  Substitute Skrewball for bourbon.  Let us know how it tastes.  🙂  

schooner-bar-2023-menu-6.jpg.webp.5b9d4c12f63c1c18680d9d471319fbd4.webp

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 9:32 AM, Mike07 said:

I'm wondering at what point all of the food starts to taste the same on this UWC. Usually at about 2 weeks on a ship, I'm tired of breakfast and most lunches. There may be something on the dinner menu I have to hold out for.

Truthfully, doesn't food at home, especially breakfast, follow a predictable routine 

• Like 11

On 12/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, island lady said:

Thanks...Wow...indeed drama queen for sure.  A wanna be Pinnie?  😉 Funny how the "know it alls" simply don't know a thing at all.  😄 

Truth...from a Pinnacle that is actually ON this ship:

As a Pinnacle we get the "boil and fry" (AKA wash and fold)...we get that on this ship as full or quarter cruisers.  No difference.  We always get that on a one week cruise. 

As a Pinnacle we get the six drink vouchers per person... per day...plus 3 comped bottles of wine delivered to our cabin on embarkation day.  So pair that with suite's free drinks and ability to bring on a bottle of wine per person on embarkation......please show me to the nearest AA meeting!  😵  So, free drink package also no difference to us  

As  Pinnacle we get free unlimited internet.  So does quarter and full WC cruisers.  Again, no difference.  

Pinnacles being treated special on this cruise??  No way...and in fact nothing special at all.  Even the Pinnacle "Cheers with an officer" which we get on any one week cruise, was lackluster.  My steak was terrible.  I doubt there will be another one of those until after first mini leg.  

Numbers: Pinnacles  total on this quarter:  102 (someone turning soon...so will be 103).  Pinnacles doing full WC...41 (two of them in a suite).  

As a segment Cruiser like me, you should be getting unlimited booze all over the ship. Plus you can give away your 6 Pinnacle vouchers. I use mine to supply the entertainment 

• Like 4

On 12/30/2023 at 3:28 PM, island lady said:

In Buenos Aires on the 5th.  Which is not what we booked of course, since we never booked the mini legs...we booked the quarter to end in LA.  Not sure what hoops we will be on...like a B2B2B now I guess. 

This cruise seems to be a project in process.  And not sure what the full cruisers will have to go through either....with going through all the processes of the 17 legs and how it will affect them as well.  

We've been told we never check in again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah can relate. We talk like this show our age, half time my Daughter doesn't understand and my Grand Daughter just thinks Papa's nuts. GD eats all Fruit's, steamed Broccoli with nothing on it and both Girls on Med style Diet. I was raised on White Bread, Meatloaf, Hot Dogs and Mac n Cheese, with Meat and Potatoes on Sunday

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/30/2023 at 4:29 PM, mo&fran said:

Wouldn't you think many will get off to visit BA. 

Huge take off point for iguzua falls.

A highlight of the trip

My first $1000+ excursion

• Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 4:56 PM, orville99 said:

Probably, but that just adds another layer of complexity to the logistics.

I think folks are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Don't anticipate any issues on TAD, just new sea passes and a hit to my CC bill

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 5:18 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

I saw an article that there are a ton of young social media influencers on the world cruise.  Is this true?  Apologies if this has been discussed, but I didn’t read every post on this thread.

A ton, no.

Just a handful of slackers

Rumor is we are getting Marc Sebastián in BA for leg 2. It's John's goal to torment him if he gets out of hand. He even added Tic Toc to his phone

• Like 4
  • Haha 8