Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

12 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

My husband is sharing on IG and FB

That poster you quoted does not need to read this thread if he doesn't like it.     Kind of like changing the channel on the TV...but yet...here he is.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

There will be opportunities for full UWC folks to submit dishes/recipes to be served in WJ in coming months

FWIW, all these 'show stoppers' are killing us. You either want to do this voyage or you don't. The excuses are funny

I wish they would offer those fun cooking classes again.  And not just the tired old Sushi making class...though we are going (again) tomorrow. 

There was a pasta making class once, I think it was on Monarch...that was so much fun.  Something different to keep things fresh on sea days!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Never heard of him, although that's not a surprise.  I fully support John in his efforts, but still not adding TicTok to my phone.

Me neither.  😉 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I've learned over the years to forage from salad bar to have them create fabulous stir fry. Kind of a scavenger hunt. Same with salad bar, pasta bar, etc..

Plenty of opportunities to put my own spin on the dishes I eat. 

Today John had them add the fried onion rings from my wedge salad as a garnish to his steak frites20240101_000655.thumb.jpg.81c25dcde079101d2b8fa440b31c3ea0.jpg

Indeed that is my "go to" lunch in the WJ...then we grab a beer/wine and enjoy sitting out back in the fresh air.  I get very creative with my salads...popping around at the different stations to add new things.  Love the Quinoa and the barley too.  🙂   For awhile they had roasted cashews and hazelnuts...but haven't seen them since.  😞 

Found I could take the coleslaw they have and add extra vinegar from the salad bar.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dbancroft said:

John can give you some insight on egg drop contest.

Scrambled eggs?  😉  I have a creation in mind and will get started on it after breakfast today.   

Eh...I am not an artist, craftsperson, or engineer.  My creation for the egg drop did not turn out very well, but going to go with it anyway.  😬

Changed the name to :Eggstra fast omelet.    😄 

Contest is at 1 pm (11 am EST) will report on how far out the egg splat went out on deck four later.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, island lady said:

For awhile they had roasted cashews and hazelnuts...but haven't seen them since.  😞 

They don't even have sunflower seeds anymore !  That was always my favorite.  Long gone, now

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

They don't even have sunflower seeds anymore !  That was always my favorite.  Long gone, now

Found them yesterday for my salad, and still finding raisins...but no longer on the cashews, hazelnuts, or even Pumpkin seeds.  Drats.  😞 

24 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Thanks for the continued updates.  This may have been mentioned before and I missed it, but how many passengers are on for the full 9 months?

Appox. 640...give or take.  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Are you going?  We are not.  

John went, said nothing very interesting. Cabin steward delivers new sea pass the night before. Only 1 muster drill per segment

• Like 2

I wish they would offer those fun cooking classes again.  And not just the tired old Sushi making class...though we are going (again) tomorrow. 

There was a pasta making class once, I think it was on Monarch...that was so much fun.  Something different to keep things fresh on sea days!  

We did risotto and chocolate on Mariner.

Maybe 2014 or so

• Like 1

Inquiring minds want to know:

Is RC using the term Formal for certain nights, or Dress Your Best, or....?  It looked like quite a few men were in tuxedos, and women in gowns, as well as all the white outfits, on NY Eve.  Any other special themes?

On 1/1/2024 at 12:12 AM, xpcdoojk said:

Russ, are you good with trading for a ship without a FlowRider?  I could do the WC, but I don’t know what I would do to not go crazy when not in port?????  

JC

I sure hope I do not miss the Flowrider too much on the 15-day Serenade cruise next summer.  We only have 2 sea days, so I am doing this cruise for the ports more than the flow.  We are taking a 7-day cruise on the Regal Princess in March, so this will be a test to see how I am without a flowrider on the ship.  My rotator cuff still has a tear in it from my flowriding last March, so maybe by the time I do my next flow cruise (December), it will have healed fully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

We did risotto and chocolate on Mariner.

Maybe 2014 or so

Shame they haven't tried to do more interesting things on this cruise.  We have had plenty of sea days...lots of opportunities to get creative...but seem to be sticking to the same old...same old they do on any other shorter cruise.  

Oh well...have some good books to enjoy.  😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Inquiring minds want to know:

Is RC using the term Formal for certain nights, or Dress Your Best, or....?  It looked like quite a few men were in tuxedos, and women in gowns, as well as all the white outfits, on NY Eve.  Any other special themes?

Yes, they are using the term "formal".   Though I don't think a lot of pax took the extra space in their already too packed luggage to take much of it.  Not to mention closet space limited.  

Though indeed have seen some "dressed to the nines"....but for us....dressy casual is about the best we will do.  😉 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

How is the entertainment and activities?  How are the CD and the Activites Manager interacting with the guests>

IMHO...about as much as they would on any other shorter cruise.  

2 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

@CCHelp  surprised this hasn't qualified as a live thread and a Rare badge given to @island lady

Aww that's sweet...but not needed.  😉  

I stated from the beginning...this is not my live review...but simply somewhere for all of us to interact and post observations.  🙂   Plus since I am leaving on 2/11 and not rejoining again until July 10th in Barcelona...if this thread is to continue, my fellow cruisers will (I am sure) take over.  🥰

• Like 6

I remember doing a pasta class!  It was fun and we ate afterwards.  

• Like 1