Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Mentioned something about starboard waves exceeding the ships specifications

Guess whose balcony is on starboard side🤣

Ours too!  🤣🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Around $1400 through Royal. John booked it a while ago

Private tours were less, but I'm not comfortable doing that

Don’t think I would have felt comfortable doing it with a private company when it involves that much travel. Too much risk involved for me. 

Jenni 

• Like 3

Pat, thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.  Hard to play catch up in here. I'm only up to page 59 and enjoying every post. No Maine lobster pictures, but Bucky wearing his trusty flip flops and pictures of your adventures sure make up for it.

Continue to have sunshine, and smooth sails.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Details sketchy, but 7 meter waves and gale force winds in Drakes Passage if we do our scheduled itinerary.  

Making a run for Ushuaia and will head back to Falkland Islands later in week

That is some big waves.  have fun!!!!  🤣

I remember coming out of the Straits of Magellan and we had odd beds that were perpendicular to the ship and I got tossed out of the bed onto the floor when we hit the pacific.  

I remember the Lido pool flooded the Lido buffet on the HAL ship during that event.  

4 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Icon crew in Coco Cay

Must be the new adults area

FB_IMG_1704751931057.thumb.jpg.e027b46862d2d266dfad20311ada218a.jpg

Yes, the crew of the Icon got to "inaugurate" Hideaway Beach on CocoCay today.  Tomorrow, they get one day of recovery, then back to work getting Icon ready for her first passenger voyage.

• Like 5

There is Serenade in the red circle. Makes you wonder why the Captain isn't just going to the Falkland Islands first as scheduled. You can clearly see that is where a lot of ships are right now. They have the Island surrounded.

Then maybe the weather will clear so you can go to Ushuaia  as scheduled after the Falkland Islands.

There is no ships on the west side  of  South America where the seas(waves) and winds are terrible.

image.thumb.png.93f6553bfe0159bcac703ac2e9ca1d53.png

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, doghog said:

Reporting live from the SR on the UWC our roving reporter, Pat along with her special guest Bucky.😁🍷

LOL...too funny!!  Thanks for the morning laugh!!  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Mentioned something about starboard waves exceeding the ships specifications

Guess whose balcony is on starboard side🤣

Me too.  😉  Though hopefully does not make it up to deck 10.  😄 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There is Serenade in the red circle. Makes you wonder why the Captain isn't just going to the Falkland Islands first as scheduled. You can clearly see that is where a lot of ships are right now. They have the Island surrounded.

Then maybe the weather will clear so you can go to Ushuaia  as scheduled after the Falkland Islands.

There is no ships on the west side  of  South America where the seas(waves) and winds are terrible.

image.thumb.png.93f6553bfe0159bcac703ac2e9ca1d53.png

Doesn't make me wonder anything. Weather changes and the captain knows a little more than you I'd guess

• Like 14

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Pat, thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.  Hard to play catch up in here. I'm only up to page 59 and enjoying every post. No Maine lobster pictures, but Bucky wearing his trusty flip flops and pictures of your adventures sure make up for it.

Continue to have sunshine, and smooth sails.

Thanks, and you are welcome.  Sometimes a bit confusing when someone is talking to Pat...since now we have two of us reporting.  😉   

Mmm..OK...call me Patricia..that might work.  😄 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Saw the weather report for Falklands yesterday morning with the 40 mile an hour winds...yikes.  I told Bucky "No way we are tendering in Falklands".   Yup, captain came on around 5 pm to tell us we would no make it, but is changing the itinerary to hopefully swing back and try it again.  

Last night Bucky was touching the sun...and did not get burned!!  😄 

20240108_184835.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 28

Welcome to Puerto Madryn!  Finally a port that we can walk on the pier, and no commercial container freight yard next to us!!  🤗

So funny...the dock workers are really cranking it up on the party music right now...go for it guys!!  😉 

We plan on just "winging it" today.  Walk into town to play tourist, do some shopping, find a nice restaurant and just enjoy.  Though I am pulling on some warmer clothes...and loving it!  58 degrees in town right now, eventually going up to lower 70s today...beautiful sunny weather!  🙂 

20240109_042051.jpg

20240109_043152.jpg

20240109_043308.jpg

• Like 20

Lots of tour buses lined up on the pier.  Lots of tours going out early.  

Choice of tour bus, or simply walking along the pier on the left side.  Many opting to do that, and will be us shortly.  Looking forward to a long walk on the beach and some exploring the seaside town.  Maybe a nice Argentine lunch as well.  🙂 

20240109_054502.jpg

20240109_054514.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Doesn't make me wonder anything. Weather changes and the captain knows a little more than you I'd guess

One would think the wrong person is in charge. The one with years of service and qualifications should step down for the new skipper.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

I read they are bussing us to end of pier 

If that is what you want to do.  Choice of small shuttle van to take for those that don't want to ....or have difficulty walking to end of pier.  

20240109_060325.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hot off the press...new itinerary.  Works for me.  Hopefully Mother Nature will be kind enough to let us retry the Falklands...but never a guarantee.  

20240109_072219.jpg

20240109_072237.jpg

Plan B?

4 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I guess so,I guess he is getting his info from another source other then Windy.com.

That site shows Winds around Falkland Island around 21 mph currently.

Been about those same speeds for the last 7 days or so.

I hope you all still get to go there though,that was probably on a lot of people's bucket list.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I’m more surprised you are not making a comment about the new itinerary and Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands 🇬🇧 

Arg. Or as the pirates say arrrrrrrrgh

Falklands are British - Many good Marines gave the ultimate sacrifice so the locals remained so.

Glad the WC folk will still get to go and see the island and 🐧 

Nancy

PS So glad the captain knows what he is doing and keeping y’all’s safe 🙏🏻

These work from home captains, tut tut 🤣🤣

Wannabe's 🤣

I really think the Captain is just buying time because he knows he has to wait it out anyway for better weather to get around The Horn,quite possibly delaying so much to where he might have to miss some of the ports on the western side of South America.