Is Glass Blowing Class Worth It?

cowpokes

On 12/4/2023 at 10:14 AM, sdnich said:

You have made some beautiful art!! I was thinking about booking this for our cruise next year and wondering if you’ve seen any better sales than the 5% off that they have now??

No, I have not seen more than 5%. I've gotten 5% for being in a suite. Also as Elite Plus.

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2023 at 5:05 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Absolutely!  There are benches in front of the glass blowing area set up for viewing.

Hello!

Do they have demo sessions where they make stuff for show, aside from the personal paid sessions? Do you sign up to see these shows? How does it work?

There’s open seating. You can watch as much or as little as you want. They do demos, and you can watch customers make their own pieces. It’s obviously designed to encourage you to book your own time, but it’s fun to watch. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HLR said:

Hello!

Do they have demo sessions where they make stuff for show, aside from the personal paid sessions? Do you sign up to see these shows? How does it work?

Yes, they do demos and you can either sign up for a class ahead of time in your cruise planner for a 5% discount or you can sign up on embarkation day.  Time slots fill quickly.  The first time we sailed on Equinox I poked around and didn't get a slot.  I made sure to sign up early on Solstice last year.  Well worth it!

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, they do demos and you can either sign up for a class ahead of time in your cruise planner for a 5% discount or you can sign up on embarkation day.  Time slots fill quickly.  The first time we sailed on Equinox I poked around and didn't get a slot.  I made sure to sign up early on Solstice last year.  Well worth it!

Is there an Elite discount ? 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

1 hour ago, CaroleSS said:

No

Actually there is a modest 5% discount for Hollywood Hot Glass for all Captains Club tiers. Just nothing special for Elites. Here’s the list of Captains Club benefits. You will see the discount mentioned near the very bottom of the list. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The discount is 5% whether you book ahead of time in the cruise planner or when on board as a Captain’s Club perk. Something to note is that the price you pay in the cruise planner is entry level, meaning it covers the least expensive item(s) available to make…a paper weight and maybe something else. The price increases with the complexity and size of the item and therefore, there may be an up charge depending on what you decide to make. In my case I made a vase. I was up charged the difference for the vase but given a 5% discount on that difference. 

On 12/4/2023 at 10:43 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I just book for my wife for next November, the last time we were on Equinox they didn’t have class

I only book her as I have no artistic talent 😁

I wish it was more than  5% off for the Black Friday sale 

Did you book this online?  I can't find it on my planner.

4 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I was going to ask the same.  Not sailing until March 2025 on a ship with glass blowing, but it's not in my planner either.  Maybe they don't offer it until closer to the cruise?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

It on the website under in your cruise planner under Onboard Activities 

Todays  screen shot price is in CAD with a big 5% off 🤣

IMG_6975.thumb.jpeg.642b06048ccab66a6a8cf9fe5b6cb108.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 2

It is available online for our Apr 9 2025 Solstice sailing under Onboard Activities (screenshot below).  Like most things, the price has gone waaaay up since before the shutdown.

image.png.3929f96095c3c70a7f829b80716d3b1a.png

The 5% discount for Captain's Club members is available to every tier, matters not which tier. But.....you have to call them get the discount.

The online discount of 5% can be combined with the CC 5%, but again, you have to call to purchase. Also, there is a discount if you purchase 2 sessions.....one for you and one for your "other". They make wonderful mementos from the trip and the blowers do give you ample opportunity to do things yourself.

Very highly recommended, but as folk have mentioned, the slots fill up very quickly, so plan on attending the first demo.....right after sail away.

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It on the website under in your cruise planner under Onboard Activities 

Todays  screen shot price is in CAD with a big 5% off 🤣

Thanks booked it today for my DH!!!  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

It is available online for our Apr 9 2025 Solstice sailing under Onboard Activities (screenshot below).  Like most things, the price has gone waaaay up since before the shutdown.

image.png.3929f96095c3c70a7f829b80716d3b1a.png

Still not showing in my planner for Eclipse, March 2025.  

55 minutes ago, Liao said:

Still not showing in my planner for Eclipse, March 2025.  

Yeah, you are just going to have to check your CP every now and then.

I see where I can make a "reservation" in my cruise planner, and get a discount. But it does not show a timeslot?  Is it necessary to schedule those after boarding?  

7 minutes ago, Club Eleven said:

I see where I can make a "reservation" in my cruise planner, and get a discount. But it does not show a timeslot?  Is it necessary to schedule those after boarding?  

Yes. You can purchase and get the discount before boarding. It’s generally best to go by before their first demo to actually schedule your time. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Club Eleven said:

You cannot specify a time slot when you book it on line.  You do that after you board.

image.thumb.jpeg.127740513a6322de5718be91dc4b6f6a.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:55 PM, markeb said:

It's one on one in the working zone. It's too small otherwise and would be unsafe. Your actually time slots will be booked once you're on board, so it's a little unlikely you'll all be back to back. Each piece takes about 15-20 minutes of work with one of the professionals.

We had a group of 5 that paid for the class online and made sure to go to the first demonstration on embarkation day and were able to get all 5 of us signed up back to back. This was on the Solstice last summer in Alaska. I would love to do this again.