Resilient Lady in Sydney today - December 2023

We went to the (for lack of a better term) open house last night.

$95 or so admission fee, which apparently goes to preservation of the Great Barrier Reef (or some such).

I knew that dinner was included and some drinks, but not that this was unlimited open bar (from a reduced menu) and also (more) food from the buffets, ice creams, cakes etc.

Ok. From the outside the ship is rather ugly and chunky, in a US navy sort of grey. Meh.

Decor inside is modern-ish with some areas having a bit of a 1979s airport lounge / MAD Men feel. Not entirely my cup of herbal tea . "Celebrity " does 'quirky' much better.

Welcome committee by a few hundred (or so it felt like) retires. The constant "Ahoy" was cute for the first 150 times. Gimmicky. 

The food in the "Test Kitchen " restaurant was pretty good to excellent. Lovely service in that venue, but in other areas the staff seemed rather frazzled.  They DO work hard, without a doubt. And God are they gorgeous creatures. Ladies and gentlemen alike. Definitely a recruitment criterium, I think.

Entertainment wise, a bit lacklustre and no where near as much as we would have expected, given the hype. 

Unfortunately we didn't get to see any cabins. The viewing of these stopped at 8pm (or so we were told). This was not communicated well at all. Shame about that.

Was it a good night? Yes, definitely. It was a bargain night out.

Would we cruised on this ship?

Probably not. But if there would be a well-priced short cruise that fits in our schedule, we'd give it a go.

20231205_222523.jpg

20231205_215110.jpg

20231205_212714.jpg

20231205_203854.jpg

20231205_203957.jpg

20231205_195812.jpg

20231205_193937.jpg

20231205_185843.jpg

20231205_184524.jpg

20231205_182955.jpg

20231205_181532.jpg

20231205_181752.jpg

20231205_185831.jpg

20231205_173655.jpg

20231205_170958.jpg

20231205_163536.jpg

20231205_164102.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Hello Sailor 😂😂😂😂…………you know what I mean 😉😉  not recycled……..revitalised……….I was going to say updated,  but I knew what you would  do with  that. 😱

Watch out Graham there might be some chilli around to help you update😬

7 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

We went to the (for lack of a better term) open house last night.

$95 or so admission fee, which apparently goes to preservation of the Great Barrier Reef (or some such).

I knew that dinner was included and some drinks, but not that this was unlimited open bar (from a reduced menu) and also (more) food from the buffets, ice creams, cakes etc.

Ok. From the outside the ship is rather ugly and chunky, in a US navy sort of grey. Meh.

Decor inside is modern-ish with some areas having a bit of a 1979s airport lounge / MAD Men feel. Not entirely my cup of herbal tea . "Celebrity " does 'quirky' much better.

Welcome committee by a few hundred (or so it felt like) retires. The constant "Ahoy" was cute for the first 150 times. Gimmicky. 

The food in the "Test Kitchen " restaurant was pretty good to excellent. Lovely service in that venue, but in other areas the staff seemed rather frazzled.  They DO work hard, without a doubt. And God are they gorgeous creatures. Ladies and gentlemen alike. Definitely a recruitment criterium, I think.

Entertainment wise, a bit lacklustre and no where near as much as we would have expected, given the hype. 

Unfortunately we didn't get to see any cabins. The viewing of these stopped at 8pm (or so we were told). This was not communicated well at all. Shame about that.

Was it a good night? Yes, definitely. It was a bargain night out.

Would we cruised on this ship?

Probably not. But if there would be a well-priced short cruise that fits in our schedule, we'd give it a go.

We managed to look in the open cabins last night before our later dinner.

The regular (VIP) cabins weren't that impressive, but their largest suites were. There was a spa on the private balcony, a telescope, a selection of LP records (including David Bowie), lots of music books, a bar, a selection of guitars and a Nintendo gaming console.

We didn't like the look of the ship at first, but after about 10 minutes grew to like her and have come to the conclusion she's the best looking ship we've ever seen.

I'd just be a little worried about sailing on her and being mistaken for an enemy warship.

20231205_183633.jpg

20231205_183843.jpg

20231205_183847.jpg

20231205_183855.jpg

20231205_183919.jpg

20231205_183951.jpg

20231205_184027.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Our food in Razzle Dazzle last night. I'm not sure if this is representative of their regular meals on board (or just for this event) as it was more gourmet than the food on our previous cruise on Oceania which has the claim to have the finest food at sea. Even the ice cream they were serving was tastier than what we've had on Oceania ships.

20231205_193736.jpg

20231205_194914.jpg

20231205_194940.jpg

20231205_200520.jpg

20231205_200554.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We were on board last night too. Lovely evening for it.  Plenty of bars open serving the free drinks with no queues. Ice-cream bar was open so we had a nice key lime ice cream scoop. 

Had dinner in the Test Kitchen from 6-7.30pm.  There was no menu.  Just a list of 5 single ingredients.  Service was excellent and we enjoyed the dishes served.

We found there were more staff lined up at the OPT than there were onboard the ship.  You wandered the ship without any input from the crew.

We had no info on which cabins were open but by following another couple, we saw The Sea Terrace cabins.  No sofa in room and the smallest bathroom I’ve every seen.  Very Squeezy. Veranda doors locked so couldn’t try out the hammock

The entertainment was a fizzer as it was supposed to be ship wide but we just came across 2 groups of 3 staff not doing much.  Pool deck party was fun.  They turned the lights down, the crew danced around the pool edge and we enjoyed dancing to the music that was pumping.

We really liked the open decks.  Seemed to be plenty of seating.  I also think if you are a gym junkie you would love this ship.

onboard offer was $300 off with $300 loot if you booked within 48hours.

For $99pp it was good value.  Still keen to book a short cruise to experience kid free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, colourbird said:

We managed to look in the open cabins last night before our later dinner.

The regular (VIP) cabins weren't that impressive, but their largest suites were. There was a spa on the private balcony, a telescope, a selection of LP records (including David Bowie), lots of music books, a bar, a selection of guitars and a Nintendo gaming console.

We didn't like the look of the ship at first, but after about 10 minutes grew to like her and have come to the conclusion she's the best looking ship we've ever seen.

I'd just be a little worried about sailing on her and being mistaken for an enemy warship.

20231205_183855.jpg

A nice selection of classic guitars, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Flying V and Gibson Les Paul. I don't have a Flying V but was never fond of them anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jean C said:

What is it with cruise ship cabins, generally occupied by two people, having just one chair in the cabin so second person, at best, has foot stool to sit on or has to sit on the bed????

Screenshot_20231207-134949_Samsung Internet.jpg

There is a poofe' under the desk. Yes, not my idea of comfort, but that is their style.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jean C said:

What is it with cruise ship cabins, generally occupied by two people, having just one chair in the cabin so second person, at best, has foot stool to sit on or has to sit on the bed????

Do they have room service? Would be great to share that table for breakfast.

14 minutes ago, Jean C said:

They want you to think you are in a hotel, hence only one chair.