Resilient Lady in Sydney today - December 2023

15 minutes ago, colourbird said:

It sure does. I'm not sure if i'd want to spend more than a week in a cabin like that.

I suppose people who spend too much time in a plush and comfortable cabin

don't spend extra money around the ship...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wouldn't sitting on the chairs on the balcony be preferable?  I already bought my cushion for the uncomfortable looking balcony chair from the Salvos. I use the small cushion on the plane, as the one the airlines provide is too small.  

Absolutely and that's what we do. However, I still think it odd that generally only one chair can be found in a standard balcony cabin 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

Absolutely and that's what we do. However, I still think it odd that generally only one chair can be found in a standard balcony cabin 🤔

Could it be because they normally have a couch and a chair, so no room.  Balcony has two chairs on my last cruise.  When I previously had a balcony there were two comfortable lilows on the balcony.

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Okay, just saw a response posted from Virgin re beds/sofas.  Sea terrace, Sea view and insider cabins have the revolutionary seabed that converts from a day mode L shaped sofa to either twin beds or a Queen.  Once onboard housekeeping will assist.

Wow, sofa beds.

10 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Could it be because they normally have a couch and a chair, so no room.  Balcony has two chairs on my last cruise.  When I previously had a balcony there were two comfortable lilows on the balcony.

It depends on the cruise line, for example Carnival have a 2 seater sofa in regular balcony cabins, however Princess don't, not in their standard balcony cabins anyway, although they have a couch in their mini suites. They used to have a desk chair plus a tub chair in the standard cabin but the tub chairs disappeared a while ago.

Not a big issue for me as I'm happy to sit on the bed with my legs stretched out, but just something I have always thought of as odd.

Just off a cruise in a mini suite - balcony had two chairs and two footstools, together with a standard dining room table height table - far too high to, for example, sit outside on the supplied chairs to comfortably eat a meal from.

I'm not complaining, I just think these things are odd combinations.

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

It depends on the cruise line, for example Carnival have a 2 seater sofa in regular balcony cabins, however Princess don't, not in their standard balcony cabins anyway, although they have a couch in their mini suites. They used to have a desk chair plus a tub chair in the standard cabin but the tub chairs disappeared a while ago.

Not a big issue for me as I'm happy to sit on the bed with my legs stretched out, but just something I have always thought of as odd.

Just off a cruise in a mini suite - balcony had two chairs and two footstools, together with a standard dining room table height table - far too high to, for example, sit outside on the supplied chairs to comfortably eat a meal from.

They should have a final run through by future customers, with common sense.  Eg we are not all 6 foot giants.  When we did a pre opening visit to the refurbished CWA in Brisbane, my first comment was "How am I going to reach those hangers?" 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

P&O, being ex Princess ships, have a similar configuration. Frankly, we use the couch in the mini suite a LOT. I note that even in the interior cabins, RCI has a couch (well, ships we are familiar with anyway).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Princess removed the tub chairs a few years ago, someone tripped over one and sued the cruiseline, so the story goes.  The Tub Chair topic went on for years on the Princess site of CC. 

People trip over their own feet as well! On the subject of tripping over the tub chairs, we went as a big group to the Universe Lounge to see On the Bayou. We sat in the tub chairs behind the front row of armchairs and all the kids had a good view between the people in front. One of the dads, and not the tallest one, sat between two of our kids. A couple in a two seater couch behind him already didn't look too pleased as he would have affected their view, but not realising the chair wasn't a swivel one, he went to get up and just about sent the chair flying. The grumpy couple held tightly to their drinks, just in case, and gave him the frostiest black look I've ever seen! 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:14 AM, Jean C said:

People trip over their own feet as well! On the subject of tripping over the tub chairs, we went as a big group to the Universe Lounge to see On the Bayou. We sat in the tub chairs behind the front row of armchairs and all the kids had a good view between the people in front. One of the dads, and not the tallest one, sat between two of our kids. A couple in a two seater couch behind him already didn't look too pleased as he would have affected their view, but not realising the chair wasn't a swivel one, he went to get up and just about sent the chair flying. The grumpy couple held tightly to their drinks, just in case, and gave him the frostiest black look I've ever seen! 

Do you think they might have thought he'd had one too many?

Les - I hope you can see Resilient Lady as she cruises past your place from Sydney to Melbourne on 21/1 or 22/1/2024.  Do ships come close enough to the Coast to see with binoculars ?

Melbourne arrival 23/1/2024.  .   

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:18 PM, NSWP said:

It was the Americans that sued tripping over the tub chairs. So Princess removed them, what a joke.

Why am I not surprised that the Americans sued? (don't hesitate, litigate). Not giving the yanks a hard time, but it does seem to be ingrained in their culture.

I have managed to navigate various cabins (sometimes in the dark) without tripping over anything. And if I did, I would blame myself not the cruise line. For goodness sake, did the tub chair leap out in front of the passenger in an unprovoked attack?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Why am I not surprised that the Americans sued? (don't hesitate, litigate). Not giving the yanks a hard time, but it does seem to be ingrained in their culture.

I have managed to navigate various cabins (sometimes in the dark) without tripping over anything. And if I did, I would blame myself not the cruise line. For goodness sake, did the tub chair leap out in front of the passenger in an unprovoked attack?!

We caught the train from Florida to Canada.  The power stopped working and my daughter pointed out the man in front of us had shower caps on his feet!  They tried to make passengers get off the train and take busses which was dangerous in the weather conditions.  An American lady told everyone to not get off and that they'd have to put all the luggage back on the train if no-one claimed it.  They got the power going so cabin was cozy and no-one wanted to get off and travel by bus in icy conditions.  When we reached Toronto, Canada, everyone was standing in the aisle anxious to get off asap.  But the carriage lurched and the "lead lady' fell backwards loudly hitting her head on the floor.  My husband tried to help her up but she said automatically "Don't touch me!  The bastards got me! .  I might have to   sue."  Everyone burst out laughing.  A nice way to finish a trying journey. Moral of the story, don't travel long distance on their trains in winter.  If so, take those little heat things skiers put in their shoes/gloves.