cost of laundry on 14 day Oosterdam

gddo

I just logged in and took a look at our onboard statement for our 17 night March 2023 Oosterdam South America cruise.....

We paid $153 for unlimited laundry.  So that is $9 a day for the entire cabin. 

If that price holds, that would make a 14 night cruise $126 per cabin*

*Prices are subject to change, rates are a couple of bucks higher in Europe, YMMV, deposits are not insured by the FDIC

Enjoy the unlimited laundry, and the journey......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

OP - just log in to your booking and the cost for unlimited laundry is there.  The other option is choosing the “by the bag option”.  The price for it has gone up, I believe.  It used to $20 - $30 per bag (the $30 was in Europe and a couple of other exotic places).  

HAL does a great job on laundry and it’s the best buy there is on the ship.  Other lines are much pricier and don’t do as nice a job as HAL IMO.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello @gddo and Welcome to Cruise Critic!  As @kazu mentioned, the per bag option is what I used as a solo traveler.  I didn't need to wash daily.  However, if I was in a cabin with two or more people than the unlimited full cruise option would become great at ~$8.50 per day for the whole cabin.  You can do the math on what's best for you depending on your circumstances.  Great laundry service and it sure makes cruising much easier!

Have a great trip!

~Nancy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, oakridger said:

I didn't need to wash daily.  However, if I was in a cabin with two or more people than the unlimited full cruise option would become great at ~$8.50 per day for the whole cabin.

It's a wonder they don't regulate the Unlimited Laundry Package the same as the alcohol packages and make everyone in the room purchase it.

P.S. I get unlimited, free laundry in my sink and shower... and it all smells like Elemis products. 😄

Edited by Bill B
  • Haha 2

On 12/8/2023 at 4:55 PM, kazu said:

OP - just log in to your booking and the cost for unlimited laundry is there.  The other option is choosing the “by the bag option”.  The price for it has gone up, I believe.  It used to $20 - $30 per bag (the $30 was in Europe and a couple of other exotic places).  

HAL does a great job on laundry and it’s the best buy there is on the ship.  Other lines are much pricier and don’t do as nice a job as HAL IMO.  

I just logged into my account but cannot find how to purchase the laundry package.  Can you tell me where specifically I can find that or do I do it once we board?  Thanks so much!

3 minutes ago, Jilliebean28 said:

I just logged into my account but cannot find how to purchase the laundry package.  Can you tell me where specifically I can find that or do I do it once we board?  Thanks so much!

You can buy it now by logging in and then choose packages.  Under packages, you will see laundry and you can purchase.

You can also purchase it once on board.  whichever suits you the best - either can be done.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

We have always relied on the by-the-bag flat fee option. I'm always impressed at the amount of laundry I manage to cram into that bag. And somehow there's always room for "one more thing."

The service is astonishingly quick and top-quality (depending on your expectations, of course!). You can even specify whether you want the laundry folded or put on hangers. Unfortunately, in my experience, you can't say to use hangers with the dress shirts and trousers, for instance, and fold the rest; so, you get your underwear back on individual hangers.

On our last cruise I noticed that the washing comes back including a small card identifying by name the crew member who handled your laundry. Nice personal touch. Like "Your tax dollars at work," it helps put a name (if not a face) on where our crew-appreciation gratuities are going.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

Unfortunately, in my experience, you can't say to use hangers with the dress shirts and trousers, for instance, and fold the rest; so, you get your underwear back on individual hangers.

I’m assuming you mean the undershirts are on hangers?  DD DH’s came that way (which was no big deal) but the other undergarments and socks were all in that lovely wicker basket wrapped in the tissue.  That happens whether you request folded or hangers - we always did hangers.

45 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

We have always relied on the by-the-bag flat fee option. I'm always impressed at the amount of laundry I manage to cram into that bag. And somehow there's always room for "one more thing."

The service is astonishingly quick and top-quality (depending on your expectations, of course!). You can even specify whether you want the laundry folded or put on hangers. Unfortunately, in my experience, you can't say to use hangers with the dress shirts and trousers, for instance, and fold the rest; so, you get your underwear back on individual hangers.

On our last cruise I noticed that the washing comes back including a small card identifying by name the crew member who handled your laundry. Nice personal touch. Like "Your tax dollars at work," it helps put a name (if not a face) on where our crew-appreciation gratuities are going.

We also just use the bag. On our recent cruise of 18 days we sent out a $25 bag about halfway through and got a LOT in it. I didn’t specify hangers or folded and it came back assorted as I would have chosen. We found once was enough and washed a few small items in the sink with a bit of detergent I had packed.

Edited by sunviking90

On 12/8/2023 at 2:00 PM, gddo said:

I am booked for a 14 day Mediterranean cruise on the Oosterdam.  I was wondering how much laundry services are as I'm obviously not bringing 14 days worth of clothes.  Thanks in advance!

Hi gddo!

Did you find the amount for unlimited laundry in your booking pages?

We are on a 14-day transAtlantic starting in Barcelona, which should have the same price as entirely within the Mediterranean... BUT, strangely, HAL is only giving me the price for the total of the two preceeding cruises and the TA! It's a B2B2B but with three booking numbers...

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Hi gddo!

Did you find the amount for unlimited laundry in your booking pages?

We are on a 14-day transAtlantic starting in Barcelona, which should have the same price as entirely within the Mediterranean... BUT, strangely, HAL is only giving me the price for the total of the two preceeding cruises and the TA! It's a B2B2B but with three booking numbers...

No, but I think it might be too early as I don't leave until July.

1 hour ago, gddo said:

No, but I think it might be too early as I don't leave until July.

Actually, I was initially looking on the app and couldn't find it.  I logged into the website and found it:  unlimited for $147

• Like 1