Question about booking flights thru Celebrity

mustgo

We have a cruise booked for next November and just agreed to purchase flights thru Celebrity.

Celebrity did not give me a confirmation number to check the flights on the airline schedule.  When do they do that?  We chose the option to not pay for the flights until final booking.

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

Many carriers allow seats to be booked before payment, but it has to be done by the Flights By Celebrity agents.   I know this is true for United, American and Delta.

My flights are not with any of those airlines so maybe that is why she said it cannot be done without full payment. Unless of course I was given wrong information by the agent.

4 hours ago, mustgo said:

We have a cruise booked for next November and just agreed to purchase.....

Flights are often not available for reservation/ purchase more than 330 days in advance. I suppose if your flights are in early November they could be purchased now. Do you know if the reservation was actually made by FBC?  If so, you would have to call them to get record locator ("passenger name record") if this information does not appear on your documents. Without the number, I would question if you have a real reservation.

I agree. if you have no number for your reservation, you don't have a reservation for flights. You need to call FBC and get answers on this. I always get an e-mail confirmation with "Record Locator/Booking Reference" numbers. The number designated as "carrier" will be your reservation number. I have booked AA, United and mostly Delta with FBC and have always picked my seats prior to final payment. 

Funny, we booked United through Celebrity 3 months ago for a trip to Japan in May 2024. Preferred sets were assigned and we receive updates as changes ( minor changes so far) occur by e-mail. Our TA assigned the seats while we booked it. She did it all on line. 

I guess this is approached in different ways. 

Cheers! 

53 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Funny, we booked United through Celebrity 3 months ago for a trip to Japan in May 2024. Preferred sets were assigned and we receive updates as changes ( minor changes so far) occur by e-mail. Our TA assigned the seats while we booked it. She did it all on line. 

I guess this is approached in different ways. 

Cheers! 

Different airlines have different rules about assigning seats before the flight is ticketed/paid. 

I booked FBC for a Greece cruise in October.  The outgoing flight was Delta and I could book seats.  The return flight was on Air Canada and I could not select seats until paid in full.  I contacted FBC and got out of that set of flights to a better option for both ends using Delta and Air France.  Both allowed me to select seats.  The primary benefit of FBC for me is it is refundable, and Delta clearly shows that.  If I see a better deal between now and next October I can cancel and book the new flight.  Think of it as price hedging.  If I could not select seats in advance I would not book the flight.  So for those keeping score at home Air Canada does not allow you to book seats in advance, Delta, Air France, and KLM do.  

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Many carriers allow seats to be booked before payment, but it has to be done by the Flights By Celebrity agents.   I know this is true for United, American and Delta.

My flights are not with any of those airlines so maybe that is why she said it cannot be done without full payment. Unless of course I was given wrong information by the agent.