🚢 SYMPHONY LIVE -12/16-12/24 🚢 She’s sort of like a song. 🚢

h20skibum

1 hour ago, RWMike said:

I'm curious how the Filet was when ordered in the MDR. We've done it in the past and found it not as good as when ordered at Chops.

I haven’t noticed a difference, anytime we ordered one.  Last night, the one we had was not as pink as we like. 

22 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Labadee stop has been cancelled for tomorrow. Replaced with Nassau on Saturday. My first thought is stay on the ship. Anyone have a suggestion for a day in Nassau with kids? 

I can’t believe how many in the theatre were cheering for the change to Nassau.  Wish they would have changed to CocoCay. 

By way of extra info, Labadee was changed because they had heavy rain and flooding that damaged the infrastructure. 

Blur Lagoon dolphin swim may be fun for the kids.  We did that once, but who knows what will be offered.  Of course, didn’t they recently have a major incident with the boat that takes you there?

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Labadee stop has been cancelled for tomorrow. Replaced with Nassau on Saturday. My first thought is stay on the ship. Anyone have a suggestion for a day in Nassau with kids? 

That's a bummer 🙁

Pirate museum maybe? Somebody mentioned on a thread I read recently somewhere that they'd gone with their kids and enjoyed it. I believe it's in walking distance from the port.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I can’t believe how many in the theatre were cheering for the change to Nassau.  Wish they would have changed to CocoCay. 

By way of extra info, Labadee was changed because they had heavy rain and flooding that damaged the infrastructure. 

Blur Lagoon dolphin swim may be fun for the kids.  We did that once, but who knows what will be offered.  Of course, didn’t they recently have a major incident with the boat that takes you there?

Thanks for the info. That's a bummer. Coco Cay would definitely better than Nassau but I guess it mustn't be feasible for some reason or they'd do it. Can't see them willingly passing up a revenue opportunity.

I think I read the Blue Lagoon excursions had been cancelled till at least January but I don't know if local operators are maybe doing it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks for the info. That's a bummer. Coco Cay would definitely better than Nassau but I guess it mustn't be feasible for some reason or they'd do it. Can't see them willingly passing up a revenue opportunity.

I think I read the Blue Lagoon excursions had been cancelled till at least January but I don't know if local operators are maybe doing it.

Maybe there is all ready 2 ships scheduled there. I don't think they can't take any more then 2 can they?

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe there is all ready 2 ships scheduled there. I don't think they can't take any more then 2 can they?

I did think of that but cruisetimetables is showing only Mariner. Of course, there's no guarantee that's up-to-date or 100% accurate.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Blur Lagoon dolphin swim may be fun for the kids.  We did that once, but who knows what will be offered.  Of course, didn’t they recently have a major incident with the boat that takes you 

Was there any info as to future stops being canceled as well? We happen to love Labadee and are scheduled late Jan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Was there any info as to future stops being canceled as well? We happen to love Labadee and are scheduled late Jan.

No mention, but I assume they will have things cleaned up long before then.  Whatever ship that was to be there today was canceled, as is ours tomorrow.  

Just check their website for itinerary changes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Would be disappointed if we had to skip Labadee, but we have enjoyed Nassau on our visits. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan83 said:

Last time we were in Nassau we walked to Junkanoo beach.

Nice clean beach, with places to get snacks and drinks.

Lively music.

Very easy to get to from where the ship docks.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LATTELOVE said:

Last time we were in Nassau we walked to Junkanoo beach.

Nice clean beach, with places to get snacks and drinks.

Lively music.

Very easy to get to from where the ship docks.

That was what I was going to recommend. It is an easy walk from the port and I like it there.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@harryfat1  Sorry your Red Eye was so awful for you all.  Nothing worse than a crying baby and add to that a couple who talks throughout the flight.  We took Amtrak from New Orleans to New Jersey, as an "Adventure".  It was comfortable and quiet until we pulled in to Washington DC and this couple got on.  We had all been sleeping at this point.  They kept talking, but I managed to nod off again, until this fool clapped his hand, which of course woke us all up.  I got used to his talking and nodded off again, until he clapped his hand again while talking.  We think he had been on drugs due to his actions and constantly getting up and down out of his seat.  When we booked the train, our TA told us we wouldn't need our own cabin(or whatever it's called on a train) and said the seats were very comfortable;  which they were, but who expected this noisy passenger?  Never again!

Yeah, it's always risky when you have to share trains or planes with others as you never know what other people are like.

Besides talking all night long and had the spot light on while they read at 2 AM, they also went to the bathroom twice and since I sat in the aisle seat (my wife and 2 boys with her across the aisle), they woke me up the 2 times they went to the rest room. 

I like the planes with 2 people or 4 people configuration seating ax that way we don't have to sit with strangers as you never know whom you will get.

• Like 3

On 12/20/2023 at 5:28 AM, h20skibum said:

That was the Ocean View Bar.  It is located at J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 41, Oranjestad, Aruba. It is about halfway between the ship and Eagle Beach, or about a 20 minute walk to it. 

Now all I have to do is get myself back to Aruba! 😎

On 12/20/2023 at 10:24 AM, Dan83 said:

IMG_4685.thumb.jpeg.7dd668a32cb5ea6f601e27f5464285cf.jpeg

Found a beach almost to ourselves 

Now that looks like my idea of a perfect day at the beach! No loungers packed so close together that they’re touching! You can actually see the sand! 

• Like 5

Last night was lobster night, which meant it was dress your best night.  The meal was a little disappointing.  

This must be a south Maine lobster, because it was pretty small

IMG_0015.thumb.jpeg.1dcd1c9601607eae59b1bf464e7602fd.jpeg

I had a vadalia onion tart which was not as good as past sailings. 

IMG_0013.thumb.jpeg.8f8371fdf999ad3ceb899b73490777bd.jpeg

and the warm chocolate cake was not like the old molten cake.  

IMG_0016.thumb.jpeg.4bc717fc4e86f64359e189fbb3ef9802.jpeg

It has also disappointing that apple blossom and apple pie is no longer on the menu. We had to stop at JR’s for apple pie, and even it was underwhelming.  At least it still doesn’t have raisins. 

IMG_0018.thumb.jpeg.4154a92ae18b124f2abeb3f9c33fbf19.jpeg

• Like 2

We got this letter about our itinerary change. 

724936060.748943.thumb.jpeg.5d7fb7e79e6cce4c0e20790dd71a10ab.jpeg

Now I am curious about what type of insurance would cover an itinerary change, since it says you can use the letter as proof?

I looked at our insurance, and didn’t see any applicable category. 

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Last night was lobster night, which meant it was dress your best night.  The meal was a little disappointing.  

This must be a south Maine lobster, because it was pretty small

IMG_0015.thumb.jpeg.1dcd1c9601607eae59b1bf464e7602fd.jpeg

I had a vadalia onion tart which was not as good as past sailings. 

IMG_0013.thumb.jpeg.8f8371fdf999ad3ceb899b73490777bd.jpeg

and the warm chocolate cake was not like the old molten cake.  

IMG_0016.thumb.jpeg.4bc717fc4e86f64359e189fbb3ef9802.jpeg

It has also disappointing that apple blossom and apple pie is no longer on the menu. We had to stop at JR’s for apple pie, and even it was underwhelming.  At least it still doesn’t have raisins. 

IMG_0018.thumb.jpeg.4154a92ae18b124f2abeb3f9c33fbf19.jpeg

I wouldn't know a Maine lobster from an "un-Maine" lobster but I agree that on our last cruise the lobster was tiny. I'm thinking about ordering it as an appetizer on my next cruise!

As for the molten chocolate cake, I don't know why I keep ordering that because I am systematically disappointed. I have never ever had a molten molten chocolate cake in the MDR on any of my cruises. The only time I had a decent one was in Chops.

• Like 2