Grandeur live 12/14 - 12/21

lorimay

4 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Makes me want to stay away from warm weather cruises. 

My solution, rather than stay away from warm weather cruises, is to spend quality time on my balcony with a bourbon and book...oh yeah and a lot of "studying the inside of my eyelids."😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bitob said:

No better on silversea or any other cruise line 

3 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Or resort hotels, for that matter. 

But the problem was essentially solved!  Why did Regent simply not institute the policy on Grandeur?

We sailed on Viking Sky this past fall and in 55 days never had an issue finding a couple of available lounge chairs by the pool.

Edited by -Lew-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

But the problem was essentially solved!  Why did Regent simply not institute the policy on Grandeur?

We sailed on Viking Sky this past fall and in 55 days never had an issue finding a couple of available lounge chairs by the pool.

The Chair Hogs likely complained incessantly while onboard and later in surveys. ("For the amount of money I pay....") Regent cruisers don't strike me overall as the types that are used to being told "no."

Just now, -Lew- said:

Doing it on one ship at the request of passengers does not make it a policy. 

13 minutes ago, bitob said:

I have no problem just moving stuff onto another "occupied" chair.  Have never had an encounter but if I do I'll just plead innocent. 😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bitob said:

True...and Stephane mentioned that management on Splendor could not institute a policy for only that ship.  It took a few days, but he told me the policy would take effect fleet-wide on February 1st.  Grandeur, being a member of the fleet, should observe the policy.

I emailed Mike Moore.  Hopefully he can go to bat for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

I think you meant all dogs should be banned, unless they are a guide dog for a visually impaired person.  I don’t totally agree with you,  there are others dogs that provide a service, but folks do seem to take advantage of this.  

yes however  some MD are probably very willing to write certificates that some people can take their lap dog on cruise ... 

2 hours ago, bitob said:

he is on board. it gets worse each day

On the previous seven day segment, a number of passengers were complaining about the chair hogs, including myself, and were told they are "addressing" the situation. Their solution - putting a small notice in passages asking passengers not to save chairs and "warning" that items would be removed - I never saw that happen. I have many Regent cruises under my belt and I had never before witnessed so many lounges "saved" with no one using them for hours - to me it appeared that people would put their stuff on the chair, go on their excursion and upon their return to the ship, finally put their butt on the chair. I do not know why Regent refuses to take the lead and stop this once and for all.  It is not rocket science.

Edited by NYC-London
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vistaman said:

yes however  some MD are probably very willing to write certificates that some people can take their lap dog on cruise ... 

this is totally unregulated. 

2 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

My solution, rather than stay away from warm weather cruises, is to spend quality time on my balcony with a bourbon and book...oh yeah and a lot of "studying the inside of my eyelids."😎

Amen, brother. This is why we opted for the larger Concierge balcony on our first Grandeur cruise later this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vistaman said:

30 minutes ago, bitob said:

this is totally unregulated. 

And there are any number of websites that will generate and official-looking companion certificate. 

10 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

And there are any number of websites that will generate and official-looking companion certificate. 

and you can buy a coat for your pet that signifies he’s a ‘service dog’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have an official answer about the chair hogs. I spoke to Franck the gm who was on the Splendor  cruise when Stefan imposed the policy 

it is not company policy and it will not be for many reasons. The official policy is what’s written daily in passages. Do not expect anything to change 

2 minutes ago, bitob said:

I have an official answer about the chair hogs. I spoke to Franck the gm who was on the Splendor  cruise when Stefan imposed the policy 

it is not company policy and it will not be for many reasons. The official policy is what’s written daily in passages. Do not expect anything to change 

Ridiculous on Regents part. 

• Like 1

Grandeur addressed a number of the issues with chair hogs.  First, they don't have the couples loungers in the shade on Deck 11; they are all solo.  Second, they got rid of the couples beds on Deck 12.  Third, there are a lot more loungers in the shade on Deck 11 because of the increased shade from expanding Deck 12.  Those three changes should really cut down on (impact of) chair hogs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Grandeur addressed a number of the issues with chair hogs.  First, they don't have the couples loungers in the shade on Deck 11; they are all solo.  Second, they got rid of the couples beds on Deck 12.  Third, there are a lot more loungers in the shade on Deck 11 because of the increased shade from expanding Deck 12.  Those three changes should really cut down on (impact of) chair hogs.

Apparently not. Bitob is on Grandeur. 

2 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Ridiculous on Regents part. 

I suspect Regent would rather passengers get in fights rather than having a proactive policy to avoid it. Absolutely crazy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gpilon said:

I suspect Regent would rather passengers get in fights rather than having a proactive policy to avoid it. Absolutely crazy. 

The don’t want their staff getting altercations with passengers and they are concerned that there might be valuables on chairs that will go missing. That’s what I was told

10 hours ago, bitob said:

The don’t want their staff getting altercations with passengers and they are concerned that there might be valuables on chairs that will go missing. That’s what I was told

Who, in their right mind, would just leave "valuables" laying around unattended? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Amen, brother. This is why we opted for the larger Concierge balcony on our first Grandeur cruise later this year.

We are currently on the Grandeur in a Concierge D and we do not have a lounger on our balcony.  When I asked about there being no lounger on the balcony, I was told that only the higher suites now get loungers.  That this only applies to Grandeur.
 We have 2 chairs and a small table on our balcony.  I’m extremely disappointed with no lounger.  

Just now, Kwaj girl said:

Who, in their right mind, would just leave "valuables" laying around unattended? 

I’m just the messenger. That’s one of the reasons Franck gave me. He could be referring to iPads or iPhones. 

i know I am far less concerned about theft on a regent ship than eg at a resort. 

• Like 1