Hawaiian Holiday 🎄🍾 LIVE from Koningsdam Dec 21-Jan 6: join me for my 1st solo cruise & 1st inside cabin!

Haljo1935

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"AAnd another from Haljo1935! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Haljo1935 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Well, it's that time - time to hop aboard another BHB! This will be interesting as I'm traveling as a Newbie. This will be a cruise of firsts - first time to Hawaii, first time solo, first inside cabin and first time "winging" every port (I've booked zero excursions) 👣. Oh and if successful, first time w/just 1 suitcase 🧳 🤞

I feel like the only thing I will know is the ship⛴️ and how to exchange dirty clothes for clean ones. 😏🤷‍♀️

So, in 4 days, I should be enjoying lunch in MDR as I begin what I know will be an amazing adventure. I hope you'll come along or just pop in to see what's happening on the Koningsdam. Ask questions, offer dining suggestions or share your Christmas pictures - let's make this a cruise to remember!!

To get us all in a holiday mood, here's a nice display I saw a couple weeks ago on another BHB.

Happy Holidays - let's go!!
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Hope your boarding goes better than ours on 11/25. 

Have a great time, enjoy all your firsts.  We board Zaandam tomorrow, heading to airport in a few minutes.

Exciting - hope your boarding is smooth and your trip fabulous!

What port did you leave from on 11/25?

Safe travels.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, albingirl said:

Happy sailing!  I look forward to following along. I've never been to Hawaii either.  It seems so far away. Sigh.  I bet you will have a wonderful time!

I think it IS far away - something like 5 hour time difference 🤔 

Glad you're here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Will be following along on here as I might end up cruising solo in 2025 as my husband seems to be tired of cruising.  

Have a wonderful time-I really like the Koningsdam and have been on her over 40 days & doing another 35 on her in February!

Bon Voyage!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to tagging along vicariously...I'm in the same position as canadianbear...

9 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Will be following along on here as I might end up cruising solo in 2025 as my husband seems to be tired of cruising.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Have a wonderful time-I really like the Koningsdam and have been on her over 40 days & doing another 35 on her in February!

Bon Voyage!

Last time I was on K'dam was last Dec for Mexican Riviera - love the ship and Grand Dutch Cafe.

DH is working, so this will be interesting. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, nw gardener said:

Looking forward to tagging along vicariously...I'm in the same position as canadianbear...

Glad you're here - feel free to ask ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Happy Holidays!!

• Like 3