Orange Club

gfkcruiser

The most monetarily attractive feature is the ability to upgrade your cabin within the same category.  I always book an obstructed view verandah and upgrade to the best available verandah.  If not sailing on a Pinnacle ship, it is the only reason I would book CO.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 0106 said:

The most monetarily attractive feature is the ability to upgrade your cabin within the same category.  I always book an obstructed view verandah and upgrade to the best available verandah.  If not sailing on a Pinnacle ship, it is the only reason I would book CO.

What about lower suite categories. Would that make sense financially?

@Vineyard View You can only upgrade within the same category…so least expensive inside to most expensive inside… ocean view to ocean view… vista suite to vista suite…signature suite to signature suite.   You have to look at the price differences within the category.  I have always come out ahead booking in the verandah category 

• Like 1

The biggest price benefit to the upgrade is usually within the verandah categories. That's because there are more categories in the verandah meta category.

Solo travelers really benefit because you only upgrade 1 person in Club Orange (Orange Club is a Florida Fruit of the Month thing.) in order to get the category upgrade. Normal paid upgrade is based on double occupancy. We should probably stop talking about that before they decide it's loophole in need of closing.

While I'm at it, Reteat Cabanas & Signature Suites... Don't do it. 😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

So no benefit to Signature suites, much like no value to spa verandas? 

Correct - signature suites have same perks as regular verandahs - the benefit is that great balcony🫣

True suites are Neptune and Pinnacle; the names are a bit confusing.  

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment

34 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

You do receive double mariner point in the Signature and Vista Suites but that's the only "perk".

For us the Signature Suites are the perfect cabin when looking at size and price. The benefits for the Neptune suite just didn't justify the price. I was glad we were able to try one for a great price on an upsell but we wouldn't pay the normal fare for a Neptune.

Edited by Sea42
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Vineyard View said:

So signature suites are larger though, as well as balcony, correct? Bathroom?

The Signature Suites have more room than a Verandah and the balcony is also larger. The bathroom has 2 sinks (rather than 1) and on non-Pinnacle ships has a (small) shower plus jetted tub.

6 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

The Signature Suites have more room than a Verandah and the balcony is also larger. The bathroom has 2 sinks (rather than 1) and on non-Pinnacle ships has a (small) shower plus jetted tub.

That is what I thought. Thank you. iDK, but it sounds like a decent upgrade. 

Edited by Vineyard View

3 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I love a signature suite in a longer cruise because of the extra space.  if a reasonable upsell is offered from our verandah I take it.  (I’ve never taken the first or second offer.) These pictures are from the Oosterdam.  Dedicated desk with window plus a vanity area I used to do hair/makeup.IMG_6308.thumb.jpeg.2d7f53e7e2a69c049b2a557edaf34ad6.jpeg

IMG_6309.thumb.jpeg.6100e54cb1ce2533eb9ae1274f55997e.jpeg Full sized couch, there was a glass coffee table in front of it but my DH kept running into it in the middle of the night so we had the steward remove it.  

Bathroom has tub with jets and shower plus a separate shower stall and two sinks.IMG_6310.thumb.jpeg.0a7bf79d68253850353c8fd01a61e593.jpeg

IMG_6311.thumb.jpeg.48d42390977e1438bcd011daa73dabf3.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, POA1 said:

The biggest price benefit to the upgrade is usually within the verandah categories. That's because there are more categories in the verandah meta category.

Solo travelers really benefit because you only upgrade 1 person in Club Orange (Orange Club is a Florida Fruit of the Month thing.) in order to get the category upgrade. Normal paid upgrade is based on double occupancy. We should probably stop talking about that before they decide it's loophole in need of closing.

While I'm at it, Reteat Cabanas & Signature Suites... Don't do it. 😁

Yes, I worry that one day they will spot that loophole. I've done well with CO upgrades as a solo, especially on the older smaller ships, where the price jump from lowest to highest balcony ("vista suite?") is considerable.

Just  booked a CO aft veranda (Rotterdam) and first time using this as well as being back to HAL after many years.

A few questions if anyone would be so kind:

- assume Orange can be used as desired, ie. no issue going to MDR on occasion?

On X they frown on Blu and Luminae passengers using MDR (it is possible but always a hassle)

-we booked through HAL and is there an issue in  transfer of reservation..... we did for first time book an Easy Air flight so not sure if this adds issues?

Overall CO seems to be a great value added concept. I would add that I had to call HAL three times.... first agent said no CO available... second said I had to make a booking before they could even check availability and then was cut off....third agent (apparently a supervisor) said it was available and  booked me accordingly.

Many thanks in advance

1 minute ago, chisoxfan said:

assume Orange can be used as desired, ie. no issue going to MDR on occasion?

You can eat in the MDR but once I experienced the CO dining room, I had no desire to have breakfast or dinner in the MDR.  If you would like to experience the MDR, I suggest you have lunch there.

3 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

-we booked through HAL and is there an issue in  transfer of reservation.

You can transfer your reservation to a TA,  booking a flight through HAL makes no difference.

Aft cabins are my favorite, enjoy your cruise.

17 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

The Signature Suites have more room than a Verandah and the balcony is also larger.

Note that the SS suites on the Nieuw Statendam have shallow balconies. The only way to fully recline is to turn the lounger sideways...

DSC_7123 Nieuw Statendam 7102.jpg

36 minutes ago, 0106 said:

You can eat in the MDR but once I experienced the CO dining room, I had no desire to have breakfast or dinner in the MDR.  If you would like to experience the MDR, I suggest you have lunch there.

You can transfer your reservation to a TA,  booking a flight through HAL makes no difference.

Aft cabins are my favorite, enjoy your cruise.

Thanks.  I do plan to eat in Orange generally  but on 14 night cruise would try the MDR a few times.

Happy to hear your comments on Orange- not seeking gourmet Nirvana but a more relaxing experience with decent service.

21 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Correct - signature suites have same perks as regular verandahs - the benefit is that great balcony🫣

True suites are Neptune and Pinnacle; the names are a bit confusing.  

The only benefits I see from a signature suite are (1) doubling the number of cruise-day credits awarded toward Mariner status and (2) the tiny lights that momentarily guide your feet to the bathroom and back when you get up in the night.