12 pack of water now $11.95. No warning?

jxtgreek

They give a little warning with the seemingly biweekly wifi and gratuity price hikes, but usually nothing for the other price hikes really.

Everyone should pre-buy everything they want for their Carnival cruises, because the way Carnival is hiking prices right now you're pretty much guaranteed a 25%+ discount over the onboard price, especially if your cruise is at least 6 months away.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

If you think it's too expensive, don't buy it. 😃

No one needs bottled water.  The tap water on Carnival is perfectly safe, and in my opinion, fine to drink. 

Agree.  I've never bought a bottle of water in my life.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, coffeeboy77 said:

Now that’s what I call hyper inflation.  From $5, to $9.95, and now $11.95 - all in the span of about two years.

IIRC, the 12-pack of bottled water started at $2.95 about 5 years ago when they stopped allowing passengers to bring bottled drinks (except wine) onboard.

18 hours ago, jxtgreek said:

Doesn't Carnival usually give notice of a price increase?  I just noticed a 12 Pack of water went from $9.95 to $11.95.   Still getting it but it would have been nice to have a heads up.  Oh well.  They know they got us.

Wow just 2 years ago I paid $4.99 and I think last year $9.99

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carol louise said:

Even at $11.95, I think it’s still worth the convenience of having it delivered to your cabin for your arrival. Carnival may have had to raise the price because of a higher cost from their venders due to lingering supply chain issues.

It's bottled water, there is no supply chain or inflation issue. Carnival is charging $12 for it because they want to.

• Like 4

This is just them price comping to the other lines. As stated RCL charges twice the price. NCL about 3x. They figured they could still be the cheapest and gain $2 per package, which probably nets over $10m in revenue. 

Edited by Paelos
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

So production of bottled water is exempt from inflation?  Learned something new, thanks!

Inflation is up 10 percent in the last 2 years. Carnival has doubled the price which is 100 percent.  90 percent is just pure increase in profit, not due to inflation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

So production of bottled water is exempt from inflation?  Learned something new, thanks!

Has a bottle of Dasani more than doubled in 2 years?

Edited by mz-s

3 hours ago, Paelos said:

This is just them price comping to the other lines. As stated RCL charges twice the price. NCL about 3x. They figured they could still be the cheapest and gain $2 per package, which probably nets over $10m in revenue. 

Carnival currently has capacity for around 4 million cruisers a year. Assuming they sail 100% full, this would mean that, on average, everyone purchases at least one 12 pack. I certainly do not, so someone must be taking my place. I honestly don't know how many people purchase water pre cruise. I'd like to ask someone sometime, but I'm afraid of not getting a straight answer.