New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Because of the increase in a few days to buying wifi, I downloaded the app onto dh phone (he rarely uses it). We are traveling with someone who has never cruised Princess so we are going to buy 2 single device wifi. with our Elite discount. I assumed I needed to do this under my name and then again under his on his phone.  Well, I bought one on his phone on the new app.  It is my credit card.  I then went onto my phone and when I try to buy the single device wifi it lets me fill everything in and when I click submit I get a pop up that something is wrong.  I tried it a few times.  Anyone know what I should do?  thanks.

Edited by dickinson

On 1/17/2024 at 8:54 PM, Cruising Forever! said:

It has the wrong loyalty color for me- we are Ruby, but it thinks we're Gold.

It has me with a white medallion w/ blue seawitch on both apps. I'm platinum. Just make sure if your medallion is being sent to you that it is the correct color. They tried to send me Ruby. And that your summery says the correct level. I don't think the app itself matters as much as those other things. If they're not correct you've gotta make a phone call. Sorry. But they did fix both of those things for me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Because of the increase in a few days to buying wifi, I downloaded the app onto dh phone (he rarely uses it). We are traveling with someone who has never cruised Princess so we are going to buy 2 single device wifi. with our Elite discount. I assumed I needed to do this under my name and then again under his on his phone.  Well, I bought one on his phone on the new app.  It is my credit card.  I then went onto my phone and when I try to buy the single device wifi it lets me fill everything in and when I click submit I get a pop up that something is wrong.  I tried it a few times.  Anyone know what I should do?  thanks.

Call PCL and do a phone order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

Why not just buy one four device plan?

5 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Why not just buy one four device plan?

Current pricing is $15 pppd for a single device, $40 pppd for four devices.  If you only want two devices, just buy two singles.

On 1/15/2024 at 2:59 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Amendment:  I want to thank the poster that recommended using a pre-paid card.  I have been searching my home for such a card.  Finally found a digital one for $5.  Applied it to my shoreside account. 

Accepted and still 7 out of 7.  

Brilliant.  

Glad to help.  This is what these boards are for.  I also didn't have to purchase a pre-paid card, I had a rebate visa card from a purchase I made.  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yeah, that would not work for us, since will will be at different locations, and can't depend on them getting it to where we are at any point.

Looks like we will need to order to pick up at the port. 

Will you be staying at a hotel the night before your cruise?  If it is a cruise port hotel, they've probably had requests for Medallions to be shipped to the hotel.  Call the front desk or concierge and find out if they'll hold your medallion package until you check in.  Worst case scenario would be that you would need to go into the blue lane at the terminal if it doesn't show up when you check into the hotel.  (It looks like you were planning to do that in the first place anyway)

Just a thought.

41 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Glad to help.  This is what these boards are for.  I also didn't have to purchase a pre-paid card, I had a rebate visa card from a purchase I made.  🙂

It's ridiculous that the new app shoreside CC info is a required field and on the previous app it wasn't required. I refuse to fill out the shoreside CC info and hope a lot more people also refuse to fill it out. Maybe (?) PCL will catch on and change the requirement. We are both Green Lane on the previous app and on the new app my wife is GL and I'm 6/7. Medallions were order from the previous app. 

I booked a speciality restaurant on the APP for embarkation day.

I am a Suite passenger and there should be no charge for this booking.

However the APP did charge my shoreside cc. How can I get a quick refund?

12 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

I'd be on the phone with Princess. 

24 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

Suite guests are guaranteed specialty dining embarkation night. No need to book in advance. We always just call the dine line or go to the venue when we board to make the reservation and have always been taken care of. This only applies to cruises 6 days or more in length 

Edited by memoak

33 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I feel like I'm missing something. Why don't people want to put in a shore-side CC in the app? There is no requirement to buy anything shore-side with it.

There is some reluctance associated with the app developer having access to the credit card information.  In my view, much overblown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

There is some reluctance associated with the app developer having access to the credit card information.  In my view, much overblown.

There are laws/regulations about that. Sarbanes-Oxley is one of them. (I used to have to worry about this when I worked at Intuit -- CC won't let me say which product it was for some reason.)

Also, the Princess employees/contractors who have access to the on-shore CC have access to the CC you use for onboard charges and the one you used to book your cruise. 

So I'm still not getting it. 🤷‍♂️ (But I appreciate you answering me.)

Edited by MacMadame

I have been a victim of Identity Theft.  I am very careful who gets what information.  Why is it mandatory for Princess to force us into giving our financial information to a place I will not patronize?  It should be an optional sign up.  It was before.  

You are correct.  Princess has access to our information.  Doesn’t mean that I have to like that.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have been a victim of Identity Theft.  I am very careful who gets what information.  Why is it mandatory for Princess to force us into giving our financial information to a place I will not patronize?  It should be an optional sign up.  It was before.  

You are correct.  Princess has access to our information.  Doesn’t mean that I have to like that.

After your unfortunate ID theft, did you get all 3 of your credit reports frozen? That, at least, keeps thieves from using your credit cards or opening new accounts in your name.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I feel like I'm missing something. Why don't people want to put in a shore-side CC in the app? There is no requirement to buy anything shore-side with it.

Although you would be entering the credit card information into the Princess App, when you enter your CC information into the Shoreside Transactions, you are authorizing Princess to share your credit card info with a different company called "Radiqal Gaming, LLC."   I have never heard of this company.  I choose with whom I share my personal information, not John Padgett, and I don't have any interest in sharing my information with some other company who may share this information with anyone they choose.  No thanks. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Exactly why there shouldn't be a requirement to add CC info for the shoreside account. I refuse to provide info for an account I will not be using. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, doghog said:

Bon Voyage. 🍷

It is my understanding that you do not even have to have the princess app at all .  Is the shore side credit card required to get your medallion delivered if you do everything on a laptop or call in ?

Will I regret not using the app while on board ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

It is my understanding that you do not even have to have the princess app at all . 

Is the shore side credit card required to get your medallion delivered if you do everything on a laptop or call in ?

Will I regret not using the app while on board ?

My understanding also.

I can't answer that. All I know is on the new app you won't move to the Green Lane without providing shoreside CC info. I'm 6/7 because I'm listed as the primary CC holder and have refused to enter my CC info for the shoreside requirement and my wife is GL, 7/7 in the new app. We are already in the GL on the old app for our March cruise. I'm assuming (??)  we will be grandfathered and receive our medallions prior to the cruise.

I have no idea if you will regret not using the app onboard. We will not be using the app onboard. Phone will be off and locked in the safe. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Although you would be entering the credit card information into the Princess App, when you enter your CC information into the Shoreside Transactions, you are authorizing Princess to share your credit card info with a different company called "Radiqal Gaming, LLC."   I have never heard of this company.  I choose with whom I share my personal information, not John Padgett, and I don't have any interest in sharing my information with some other company who may share this information with anyone they choose.  No thanks. 

Okay, that I can see.

1 hour ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Those who are happy giving out there personal information to the unknown-

Send me your SSN, I will be glad to store it on my PC for you - it will be safe, you can trust me 💯 

Strawman argument.

• Like 1

Friends, no one at boarding or on the ship will ever ask you about the app.  If you have a medallion you will be sent to the Green Line.  If you don't you will be sent to the Blue one.  While on board, no one will ever ask about what the app shows.   You can use the app on board all you want, whether it shows 6/7 or 7/7.  

• Like 5