New Princess App available

iamaqt2

2 minutes ago, Osa J said:

Thanks!  Yes I’ll be on the Sun March 19.  I’ll just keep trying back with the reservations.  I’d really like to have those done ahead of time.  It really is so weird, mid Jan I was able to book the first 10 days, then in Feb they disappeared and I redid them several times, they finally stayed for two weeks or so then disappeared.  Then at the end of Feb I was able to do reservations for the last 10 days and not the first!  Those disappeared and I redid them and now randomly some have stayed and some have cleared off.  Oh well, I’ll check it out later!

If you can’t book ahead, then the first night you can talk with the hostess on whichever deck you wanted and explain the problem with the App.  They can check their computer and advise you the best MDR for you at 6pm or whatever you choose.  Good luck.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 3:00 PM, LACruiser88 said:

FWIW, today I finally downloaded the new app on my phone, my tablet, and also on my DW's phone.  Everything was exactly where it should be and we are green on all of our 9 upcoming voyages thru March of 2026.  I'm glad we did not have any of the early issues.  Happy Camper here! 🙂

21 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Dang! And I thought my 7 cruises from April this year to November 2025 was a lot. 

Zowie! Do you folks take a lot of short (less than 10 days) cruises or do you really cruise a zillion days per year?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Zowie! Do you folks take a lot of short (less than 10 days) cruises or do you really cruise a zillion days per year?

7 day, B2B 5/7, 7 day, 5 day, B2B 5/7.  Unless you combine the B2B's they are all less then 10 days. 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Since my retirement in 2010 and minus the Covid stoppage, we have been cruising 75 to 100 days per year.  We like cruises of around 30 to 50 days in length.  Debbie has me on a restriction of no more than 60 consecutive days away from home.  Life is to short to stay home! 

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Since my retirement in 2010 and minus the Covid stoppage, we have been cruising 75 to 100 days per year.  We like cruises of around 30 to 50 days in length.  Debbie has me on a restriction of no more than 60 consecutive days away from home.  Life is to short to stay home!

Again, Zowie!

The longest we have done in one stint is 63 days and my wife will never cruise that long again. It's far too much time away from our youngest grandchild and we also had some "issues" on the cruise. I can guarantee we will never be booking that long again. However, we have done a 28 day that we absolutely loved and the recent 63 days included an initial 24 day segment that was excellent.

The reason I chose fewer than 10 days as "short" is that it just seems too much farting around to prepare and travel and such for a shorter cruise. We "did" do a 7 day a while back but only because it hooked right onto a 16 day. When I was working (ugh!) we did a couple of really short (4 day) cruises because that was all I could fit into my work schedule. Those are also part of why we don't want to do "short" cruises. Yes, they were good cruises but they were just too danged short.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Wow!  And I’m having a hard time convincing my DH of doing a 22 night sailing but since it leaves from our home port, he’s reluctantly agreed to it.  Our longest cruise to date was 19 days and was actually a combination of a 12 and 7 night.  The 7 night had solo fares so, I booked him a separate cabin in case he wanted to go home after the 12 night.  Ended up that one of his best buddies also booked the 7 night so, he ended up staying and did have a lot of fun.  
So, there’s still hope he will enjoy that 22 night one.  It’s just one cruise with no option to get off early.  🤞 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Again, Zowie!

The longest we have done in one stint is 63 days and my wife will never cruise that long again. It's far too much time away from our youngest grandchild and we also had some "issues" on the cruise. I can guarantee we will never be booking that long again. However, we have done a 28 day that we absolutely loved and the recent 63 days included an initial 24 day segment that was excellent.

The reason I chose fewer than 10 days as "short" is that it just seems too much farting around to prepare and travel and such for a shorter cruise. We "did" do a 7 day a while back but only because it hooked right onto a 16 day. When I was working (ugh!) we did a couple of really short (4 day) cruises because that was all I could fit into my work schedule. Those are also part of why we don't want to do "short" cruises. Yes, they were good cruises but they were just too danged short.

Same here   We tend to cruise 14 + days at a time 3-4 times are year. We found out back in the 1990’s that 7 days is way too short but since we were working we couldn’t take as many cruises as we can now. Also we have a cat with a lot of medical issues so we have a pet sitter who stays at our condo and that is pricy

On 3/4/2024 at 3:47 PM, eqj60 said:

Tried new app but not showing my completed info for April cruise. 

Very frustrating!

I’m still trying to book dining.  I’ve tried every few days for literally two months.  I’ve booked them, they disappear, I rebook, half disappear, rebook, other random ones disappear.  Then they all disappeared.  Now I can book only a private table for 2 at 9:00pm every night 🙁 I guess somehow other people have been able to book and now everything is booked up??  Not sure how they were able to book and not me.  So frustrating 

3 hours ago, Osa J said:

I’m still trying to book dining.  I’ve tried every few days for literally two months.  I’ve booked them, they disappear, I rebook, half disappear, rebook, other random ones disappear.  Then they all disappeared.  Now I can book only a private table for 2 at 9:00pm every night 🙁 I guess somehow other people have been able to book and now everything is booked up??  Not sure how they were able to book and not me.  So frustrating 

Yes, it is but visit the DR on Day 1 and speak to either DR Mgr or DR Host and ask them to set you up with a table, or if you are a random time diner, just ask them which DR is best for walk-ups.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Osa J said:

Probably because they keep messing with the MDR availability on the Sun.

Each of the 3 decks are a little different. This is a new concept on a new ship, hence…issues for them.
Could you see those differences when you tried to book?

From posts by current guests, deck 6 is traditional seating, 2 set times for dining, Deck 7 DMW make reservations with a time that is open and Deck 8 walkups.  

So, from that report, I would check deck 6, early seating or late seating or Deck 7, whatever time you can get.

If you still can’t get a reservation, I would go early on the first night, like @Steelers36 suggested and talk with the host to book you for the cruise.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

From posts by current guests, deck 6 is traditional seating, 2 set times for dining, Deck 7 DMW make reservations with a time that is open and Deck 8 walkups.  

It is hopeless that there are different arrangements across the fleet. I personally think the way that the Sun have it as you described above is ideal, yet on the Coral last month if you didn't have a booking they didn't want to know you. However, how are people to know if the only thing that is consistent is inconsistency.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bronzey214 said:

Does anyone with an upcoming cruise see events in the new app? I have a cruise on Saturday and neither app shows any events yet.

We leave on 27 March on the Enchanted and I see the daily events for our cruise. Using the new app. 

2 hours ago, bronzey214 said:

Does anyone with an upcoming cruise see events in the new app? I have a cruise on Saturday and neither app shows any events yet.

I would check on your roll call and see if anyone else can see it.  Or, if it’s an App issue.

I'm traveling with myself, husband and two kids (ages 15 and 17).  I have the new app on my phone and we are all checked in.  And I have purchased the 4 device wifi.  I assume they all need to download the app but they don't need to make their own account do they?  Can they just log in with our confirmation number?

1 hour ago, bkjewett said:

I'm traveling with myself, husband and two kids (ages 15 and 17).  I have the new app on my phone and we are all checked in.  And I have purchased the 4 device wifi.  I assume they all need to download the app but they don't need to make their own account do they?  Can they just log in with our confirmation number?

Are you in one cabin or two?  If two, you have separate bookings.  Best if all have their own account.  That way, you can locate each other around the ship.  The internet login is by cabin number and birthdate of whoever bought it.  All can use that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you in one cabin or two?  If two, you have separate bookings.  Best if all have their own account.  That way, you can locate each other around the ship.  The internet login is by cabin number and birthdate of whoever bought it.  All can use that.

We log in separately using our own birthdates 

8 hours ago, bronzey214 said:

Travelling at the end of April and the full events schedule for each day has been visible for about 2 weeks 

On 12/27/2023 at 11:10 AM, msmoger said:

First, login in using the Booking Number seems to solve the constant "getting booted out" problem.  However this is not very convenient (as opposed to Princess user name and password).

Second, the only way I can see to see all of your bookings is to log out and log in individually.  Also not very convenient (and now I have to reference multiple booking numbers to stay logged in 😉).

I had the same problem with the initial login from my iPhone. However I am able to see all current bookings.

20 hours ago, bkjewett said:

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The app logon and the Internet logon are separate. On a recent cruise, DW and I had Premier. We were traveling with two friends who had Basic. Each of us logged on to the app with our own information for onboard information - not Internet.

DW and I each had 4-device Internet plans with Premier, but we only used one device each. The two people in the other cabin with Basic each had a couple of devices they wanted to use with the Internet. Everyone logged on to the Internet using DW's or my information. As long as we didn't have more than 4 devices at a time for each account (8 devices total for the two accounts), there was no problem. The other two people had no problem using their own logons for ship intranet with the app and our logons for Internet at the same time.

• Like 2