Cunard airfare

Archipelago

Those cruisers who have used Cunard airfare ....can you price business class and is it less expensive than booking on your own ? Do you have a choice of airlines ? I called Cunard but did not get any information . Was thinking of flying into LHR and then going to Southampton for one night . Has anyone here done that ? Hotel suggestions for Southampton ? Thank You for your patience with this inquiry. 

5 hours ago, Archipelago said:

Those cruisers who have used Cunard airfare ....can you price business class and is it less expensive than booking on your own ? Do you have a choice of airlines ? I called Cunard but did not get any information . Was thinking of flying into LHR and then going to Southampton for one night . Has anyone here done that ? Hotel suggestions for Southampton ? Thank You for your patience with this inquiry. 

Most liked hotel seems to be Southampton Harbour Hotel. Don’t know about planes, I’m afraid.

6 hours ago, Archipelago said:

Strange to have received no information.  
Call again asking for a price for a Voyage and Airfare booking.

Flight upgrades were available at all price points.  Just confirm airline of choice and seating required.  There will be a slight delay in receiving airfare price as this is handled by a different department and the booking associates will have to make an enquiry.

Note to self… When booking Voyage and flight package, do pay the flight element in full at time of booking.  This will allow one to access the flight locator on the opening of flight, for an early seat selection.  Otherwise, one will only have the option to select seats from those remaining, after paying the balance, being months later.

We have used Cunard Air many times, for varying locations around the world. Their fares are excellent for upgrades (compared to Viking and other lines)! In the past we have been given flights on Virgin, BA, American and Delta, possibly others but cannot be sure.

if making your own itinerary you can select times and airline of preference, just give them the info they need. If using BA, it is not possible to request seats at time of booking. They are one of the few airlines where you need a booking reference to go into the site, and pay extra for booking a seat, even in business class!

Without doubt, Southampton Harbour Hotel is one of the best places to stay in the city. Ennios is also worth a look at the website. These are two very different establishments.

I hope you book and have a wonderful trip.

Yes , you can book Business Class

Yes , you can choose most airlines

You may rerserve flight without payment.

You pay for flight with cruise Final Payment

Biggest advantage is ability pf realistic 1 way fares.

We fly to LHR , take National Coach to Southampton and stay at  room2Hometel.

• Like 1

We also stayed at https://room2.com/southampton/ and will probably stay there again.

Our travel agent always uses Southampton Harbour Hotel like many posters here.

Those two are usually top rated on the site that owns this forum.

Harbour is probably best if you want to have all your meals in the hotel and looks very plush.

For a "functional or bin it" type of person like me, room2 is very comfortable, well equipped and nearer alternative breakfast and dining options. We'll have our breakfast at The White Star Tavern. Although I believe our preferred restaurant for dinner has moved into the City Centre. Taxi!

Almost forgot the prices are a bit different; for a Thursday night in June 2024, prices are (24m2 room only in both cases) £98 room2, £335 Harbour on a well known hotel reservation site.

• Like 1

We are in the process of booking a transatlantic one way flight through Cunard and have just been quoted Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class fares from two different airports, using a travel agent.  We asked for one airline to be excluded, and were quoted on that basis, at a savings of of several hundred dollars on business class.

As to staying in Southampton, my hotel needs are fairly minimal, considering that I will be unconscious during most of the time I am at the hotel.  For years now, the Holiday Inn just west of the city walls has proven more than adequate at a price closer to Room2 than to the Harbour Hotel. 

Rooms are quite large for a European hotel, and the HI offers a nice self-service breakfast.  Although we usually walk over to the Duke of Wellington for dinner, on a few foul weather occasions we've had dinner in the hotel restaurant and been completely satisfied.  Short cab ride to the ship, or even walkable if she's docked at City Cruise Terminal.

• Like 2

We like Room2 very much and have stayed there twice.  It's a short walk to the main street (high street) in downtown Southampton where there are good dining options and stores to buy what you might need on board the ship.

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Lovely hotel, but why would you want to stay in the New Forest when you are catching a ship in Southampton?

If you're driving, there's no need to stay in Southampton itself. We usually stay in the New Forest at a hotel that offers a Cruise Parking package. 

• Like 1

Just now, Host Hattie said:

If you're driving, there's no need to stay in Southampton itself. We usually stay in the New Forest at a hotel that offers a Cruise Parking package. 

Absolutely, particularly as it is on the right side of Soton for Wales, but, if you’ve flown in, surely staying in Southampton is simpler. And, though almost nobody believes me, it is an interesting place (especially compared with Bournemouth).

• Haha 1

The special offer ends on Tuesday so will check on my voyage . I may fly to LHR and then have a transfer to Southampton and stay the night there rather than in London . Board the Queen Mary 2 and head back across the porch and the next day .  I have enjoyed my times on Cunard and have not been in a long while . I just need one more cruise for Platinum . 🙂

8 minutes ago, Archipelago said:

The special offer ends on Tuesday so will check on my voyage . I may fly to LHR and then have a transfer to Southampton and stay the night there rather than in London . Board the Queen Mary 2 and head back across the porch and the next day .  I have enjoyed my times on Cunard and have not been in a long while . I just need one more cruise for Platinum . 🙂

Go ahead and book what you need to.

You can probably phone any taxi company around Southampton to arrange a transfer a few days before if necessary or even go to a taxi rank at Heathrow, they'll give you a rough price. It's unlikely to break the bank. There are plenty of options.

Just don’t stay at the Leonardo Grand Harbour, which we confused with the Harbour Hotel I assume everyone is recommending. We made that error two weeks ago before boarding to sail home. While the room was large and clean, there was no working heat. In December. 

On 1/1/2024 at 7:40 PM, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

there was no working heat. In December. 

That may be a function of it being a British hotel. We encountered the same, in December, at the Novotel in Southampton. Only the executive rooms had heat.

5 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

That may be a function of it being a British hotel. We encountered the same, in December, at the Novotel in Southampton. Only the executive rooms had heat.

All the [British] hotels we stay in, have fully functioning air con and heating,

20 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

We were in an “executive” room. Also, a staff member made a great show of trying to make it work, but it eventually became clear that the problem was no surprise to him. Aside from that, we have visited the UK more times than I can readily tell you, and we’ve never encountered a lack of heating before.

I have, once or twice. In the Novotel case, it wasn't that it wasn't working, it just didn't exist. A portable radiator was delivered when needed. And, in the summer, the aircon consisted of a fan brought to the room.