Cruise ship beds.

mklions

Having sailed on many cruise lines , my wife and I have always found the mattresses on the beds in general extremely comfortable.

The premium lines tend to be slightly better than P&O but never the less we have always found P&O beds very comfortable also.

I am now in the market to replace our bed at home and wondered what mattresses the cruise lines use and can they be purchased in the UK.

Interested to hear what others think on cruise ship beds?

8 minutes ago, mklions said:

Having sailed on many cruise lines , my wife and I have always found the mattresses on the beds in general extremely comfortable.

The premium lines tend to be slightly better than P&O but never the less we have always found P&O beds very comfortable also.

I am now in the market to replace our bed at home and wondered what mattresses the cruise lines use and can they be purchased in the UK.

I'm sure I'm not dreaming but I seem to remember that on the P&O website if you search in the FAQ section it tells you the suppliers of the mattresses and pillows.

52 minutes ago, mklions said:

We were told many years ago that they were made by Sealy? When we bought our last mattress we noticed that one of our local bed shops (Bensons for beds) sold them so we bought one. We have had that for nearly 10 years which we turn every 6 months and it is as comfy today as it was when we bought it, even though the experts recommend changing after 8 years.

We have always found the P&O beds to be supremely comfortable and we have always slept incredibly well on them. However, this year we didn’t find them to be quite as good, and wondered if they’d changed them? Could just be us though, with a few more things creaking and groaning than pre-Covid 😂 

20 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We were told many years ago that they were made by Sealy? When we bought our last mattress we noticed that one of our local bed shops (Bensons for beds) sold them so we bought one. We have had that for nearly 10 years which we turn every 6 months and it is as comfy today as it was when we bought it, even though the experts recommend changing after 8 years.

You have to remember that the experts who recomend changing your mattress every 7 years do generally work for the bed manufacturers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mklions said:

Sealy used to supply Cunard and P&O however Matermoll appear to be supplying P&O now with different types, like Elevation on Brittiana,  Majestic on Iona. Even  Oceana used to have Matermoll Majestic mattresses

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

Sealy used to supply Cunard and P&O however Matermoll appear to be supplying P&O now with different types, like Elevation on Brittiana,  Majestic on Iona. Even  Oceana used to have Matermoll Majestic mattresses

Interesting. So we weren’t imagining it then. It’s at times like this that I think we have done too many cruises with P&O, as we seem to notice every single change, however slight 🙄😂

Thanks for all the replies, our current mattress is around 15 years old and although we paid as I remember around £2000 for it, it has started to sag a little. ( especially on my side, LOL)

I've  always found that top five star hotels and cruise ship have the best mattresses. Oceania ships have amazing comfortable beds!

I will check out Bensons for Beds and the Sealy website and do some digging!

Thanks again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mklions said:

Thanks for all the replies, our current mattress is around 15 years old and although we paid as I remember around £2000 for it, it has started to sag a little. ( especially on my side, LOL)

I've  always found that top five star hotels and cruise ship have the best mattresses. Oceania ships have amazing comfortable beds!

I will check out Bensons for Beds and the Sealy website and do some digging!

Thanks again.

Think they are Italian. Will see if mine has a label when I return from shore this evening.

29 minutes ago, Harters said:

According to Oceania's website they now use Tranquillity mattresses. Quite firm, I find them very comfortable.  

In my post #9 I was referring to P&O Oceana when it was with the P&O Fleet.

IMG_1452.jpeg

IMG_4286.jpeg

IMG_5881.jpeg

Edited by LifeonMars

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 11:50 AM, Seasickfrog said:

Matermoll mattresses - Do any members know just how you can source one?

https://www.matermoll.com/en/marine-collection/

Websters in Yorkshire is the UK (sole?) stockist: https://www.webstersfurniture.co.uk/brand/matermoll/

Although very comfortable, they are expensive compared to some of the high quality UK manufacturers such as ViSpring or Harrison Spinks (H-S manufacture John Lewis' "own brand" beds)

On 2/11/2024 at 2:28 PM, flossie009 said:

https://www.matermoll.com/en/marine-collection/

Websters in Yorkshire is the UK (sole?) stockist: https://www.webstersfurniture.co.uk/brand/matermoll/

Although very comfortable, they are expensive compared to some of the high quality UK manufacturers such as ViSpring or Harrison Spinks (H-S manufacture John Lewis' "own brand" beds)

Thanks for the info.

We will certainly look into Websters.

The two manufacturers mentioned are also expensive, but we havent slept on them for two weeks in total comfort as we have on P& O. Hence they just might be worth the money.