Flight Ease - what do "economy," "premium economy," etc. mean?

Just to circle back, I did call Flight Ease and, after insistently asking multiple times, was able to get the person on the phone to describe all of the benefits I would be getting with the "premium economy" which perfectly over lap with "premium comfort" at KLM. So I was able to confirm what the ticket represents. 

3 minutes ago, lupaglupa said:

Just to circle back, I did call Flight Ease and, after insistently asking multiple times, was able to get the person on the phone to describe all of the benefits I would be getting with the "premium economy" which perfectly over lap with "premium comfort" at KLM. So I was able to confirm what the ticket represents. 

How did it compare in price to buying the ticket on your own?

Roy

• Like 1

Well I have a whole other thread about the loss of our return flight but if I cut that part out.... it looks like I'm saving about $500. Of course that's the half of the flight credit we got so it may not be any savings at all. It's very, very hard to tell. And we chose the flexible rate which Flight Ease tells us can go up in price before we pay so I'm not sure where we'll end up.  

• Thanks 1

Aloha. As has been previously reported each airline defines its product and services so I would suggest you check that particular airline to determine if it is something you are interested in. For example we are blessed to divide our time between NY and Honolulu. Hawaiian has First Class which we love but since I can sleep the entire time believe it or not, I don’t take advantage of the service and amenities.  Their premium economy provides that little extra legroom which is worth the additional cost as well as some other benefits and perks. Please keep us posted!

• Like 2

I tried going to KLM to see if I could view the ticket from their end but the booking number Flight Ease has given me doesn't work. Which doesn't make me feel better!

35 minutes ago, lupaglupa said:

I tried going to KLM to see if I could view the ticket from their end but the booking number Flight Ease has given me doesn't work. Which doesn't make me feel better!

You will need the KLM booking reference and not the Flight Ease one.

It may be on your confirmation from Flight Ease, or your amended HAL cruise booking confimation showing the air travel.  If not there then you will need to ask Flight Ease for the KLM Booking Reference.

Another possibility is that Flight Ease booked you on a KLM flight through a Delta codeshare!

• Like 2

I did create a Flying Blue account and used the code provided for the flight, not my HAL booking #. But it was a no go. I expect I could get it settled with another long wait on hold but I just don't have the patience today!

40 minutes ago, lupaglupa said:

I did create a Flying Blue account and used the code provided for the flight, not my HAL booking #. But it was a no go. I expect I could get it settled with another long wait on hold but I just don't have the patience today!

Hmm.  I wonder if it has something to do with it not being paid in full yet?  Are you able to pull it up on the Delta site?  (I am assuming Delta is the originating codeshare partner.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Hmm.  I wonder if it has something to do with it not being paid in full yet?  Are you able to pull it up on the Delta site?  (I am assuming Delta is the originating codeshare partner.)

I did not try Delta - I'll see if that works. 

Hmm. This got me thinking. We booked a Lufthansa/EW Discover flight in economy. But now I wonder it it’s economy or economy lite. Mainly the differance is luggage allowance. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, mawvkysc said:

Hmm. This got me thinking. We booked a Lufthansa/EW Discover flight in economy. But now I wonder it it’s economy or economy lite. Mainly the differance is luggage allowance. 

To my knowledge HAL never uses those base rates. I have never paid for a checked bag with Flight Ease.  

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 5:58 PM, mawvkysc said:

If you are flying intercontinental, one piece of checked luggage is included in the price.

• Like 1

I want to give an update to anyone who wondered or who might stumble across this looking for information. After several attempts to log in at KLM I called Flight Ease again. The very helpful person I got was able to check my reservation at the KLM website - they did it without logging in first. When I check the reservation anonymously, rather than under my Flying Blue account, I can see it. And it is a Premium Comfort reservation with better seats and checked baggage included. So that part of our reservation did work. As to the return flight.......

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lupaglupa said:

I want to give an update to anyone who wondered or who might stumble across this looking for information. After several attempts to log in at KLM I called Flight Ease again. The very helpful person I got was able to check my reservation at the KLM website - they did it without logging in first. When I check the reservation anonymously, rather than under my Flying Blue account, I can see it. And it is a Premium Comfort reservation with better seats and checked baggage included. So that part of our reservation did work. As to the return flight.......

Just checking, you did add your KLM member number in the HAL Flight Ease website?

as an aside, a trick I often use - I gate check my carry on free of charge.  Once on my way home I have little concern if my luggage arrives timely so I will ask the gate agent for a courtesy gate check.  They rarely refuse as people tend to carry way too much onboard to be accommodated easily 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

I did not add my KLM number at Flight Ease. I will look and see about that. The person I spoke to at Flight Ease told me I would have to contact KLM directly to get any point with Flying Blue for the flight. I will probably wait and see if I can do that at the airport. 

We just recently booked flights to Auckland with Flightease. There was no place on the flightease site to put in our United club numbers. After purchasing and paying for the tickets, I went to United and logged in under my account and have been able to manage my flight with no issues...now if they get rid of those blasted 737 Max (domestic end) I will be delighted. 

• Like 2

Gate checking your carry-on as @Mary229 mentioned is a great way to handle less luggage onboard and still pack what you need (code for souvenirs). Just remember that it will need to go through the security check scanner so liquids rule applies.

I do it every time I fly (but I don't fly Spirit, Frontier or other bare bones value lines) and have not had push back. Occasionally when printing luggage tags at the kiosk, it will even ask if I'd like to check an additional carry-on at no charge. Yes, please!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm a huge fan of checking luggage and taking on only the minimum. I like being able to move around the terminal easily. And I love not fighting for space in the overhead bins. But I can see using gate check if I had an extra bag of souvenirs!

• Like 1