Staying active on Regent... pickleball? Fitness classes?

Looking forward to our first Regent cruise in just one week. Especially excited about indulging in delicious sounding meals and then burning all those extra calories back off!

Searching the forum for "pickleball" doesn't yield much although it seems that equipment is provided.  Does anyone have any more info?

Also interested in learning more about the fitness classes offered.  Would like to ensure I bring appropriate attire for any classes that might be available.  

On a given week I usually participate in spin, yoga, pilates reformer, and weightlifting. Hoping to continue with at least some of this while onboard especially since we have a number of sea days.

• Like 1

I was recently on the Grandeur and don't recall any fitness activities as such as was available on previous Regent cruises, however my favorite fitness activity is walking on the top deck as the ship sails - I find this extremely relaxing and keeps the pounds off.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Looking forward to our first Regent cruise in just one week. Especially excited about indulging in delicious sounding meals and then burning all those extra calories back off!

Searching the forum for "pickleball" doesn't yield much although it seems that equipment is provided.  Does anyone have any more info?

Also interested in learning more about the fitness classes offered.  Would like to ensure I bring appropriate attire for any classes that might be available.  

On a given week I usually participate in spin, yoga, pilates reformer, and weightlifting. Hoping to continue with at least some of this while onboard especially since we have a number of sea days.

All available.  Also you can hire a personal trainer; did that one cruise. 

Edited by mrlevin
  • Thanks 1

My wife and I will be partaking in the fitness options more than normal - on our previous dozen or so Regent cruises, hitting the fitness center was hit-or-miss, and we'd walk the deck for a mile or two, tops - but over the last year we've both lost a bit of weight (65 and 85 lbs) and we don't want to let it creep back on during this upcoming cruise, especially considering that this will be our longest cruise yet.

We're both pretty good about motivating ourselves, but if there are any classes it would sure be a help - but sadly, we don't know what's available!!  I guess we'll see when we're on board next month.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shanau said:

Can anyone specifically answer the question on whether there is a pickleball court available on Grandeur?

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Yes, there is.

But you have to bring your own pickles...    <rimshot>

On 1/4/2024 at 10:21 AM, UUNetBill said:

My wife and I will be partaking in the fitness options more than normal - on our previous dozen or so Regent cruises, hitting the fitness center was hit-or-miss, and we'd walk the deck for a mile or two, tops - but over the last year we've both lost a bit of weight (65 and 85 lbs) and we don't want to let it creep back on during this upcoming cruise, especially considering that this will be our longest cruise yet.

Congratulations - losing that much weight in one year is not an easy task!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 11:58 AM, UUNetBill said:

But you have to bring your own pickles...    <rimshot>

On 1/5/2024 at 12:12 PM, Pcardad said:

I never leave home without it!

That’s because you’re the real dill.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sorry to hijack your thread, but what Fitness activities are included with the regular fare.  (Classes? Yoga? Pilates? Equipment? Treadmills?)  Looking hard at Regent for a future cruise. 

6 minutes ago, Xerxella said:

Sorry to hijack your thread, but what Fitness activities are included with the regular fare.  (Classes? Yoga? Pilates? Equipment? Treadmills?)  Looking hard at Regent for a future cruise. 

We are on Grandeur now- all classes included

• Like 1

Was on Navigator recently and there was exactly ONE yoga class offered on a 7 night cruise.  Zero pilates and a few very basic stretch classes.  I was very, very disappointed and it was certainly not as advertised.

Edited by caviargal

19 hours ago, caviargal said:

Was on Navigator recently and there was exactly ONE yoga class offered on a 7 night cruise.  Zero pilates and a few very basic stretch classes.  I was very, very disappointed and it was certainly not as advertised.

Will be on Navigator next week.  Hoping for pilates and yoga classes.  We have had them on previous cruises on Navigator as well as the other ships.  I think Navigator is the only one without a pickleball court. 

1 hour ago, Mahogany said:

Anybody know about activities on Splendor? Same as Grandeur? Pickleb all and classes?

Yes for pickle ball. Classes are Yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling, etc.

2 hours ago, BBWC said:

Yes for pickle ball. Classes are Yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling, etc.

Just saw on website: bocce and paddle tennis. Same court as pickleball, just different equipment?

51 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

Just saw on website: bocce and paddle tennis. Same court as pickleball, just different equipment?

Yes, same course. Bocce is next to it. There is also golf putting.