Chair Hogs and Now........

People leave their used towels on the chairs and walk away so people think the chair is occupied.  If people took their used towels with them, there would be loungers for others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I did this in the Universe Lounge on Coral Princess. Someone had "reserved" seats by placing a can across them. They had been "reserved" for more than 30 - 40 minutes when I saw a couple fruitlessly searching for seating. I told them the cane had been there for quite a while and reserving seating was not allowed. I moved the cane to the side and invited them to take the (good!) seats. I don't know if anybody ever showed up to try to "claim" the seats as I didn't give it another thought. I know I never noticed any disturbance in regard to the seats.

While in the Explorer Lounge, we saw a couch with 2 empty spaces.  We started to sit down, a woman said, “we are saving those seats for people in our group”.  I said “you are not suppose to save seats, you should listen to the announcements”, she replied “ the bar attendant said it was ok”.  A man in the group was ready to get up to face my husband.  We sat there the whole time.  When we left, the woman made a very rude comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pistnbroke said:

Maybe they should sell “No Chair Hogs” tshirts aboard.

the designs could be quite creative and the proceeds could be donated to charity.

Thought of doing the same for timeshare sellers

Maybe they could license Wonder Warthog for the shirts! (With the chair hogs though he might be too subtle...)

wonder_wart_hog_by_smigliano_d73gnuk-pre.thumb.jpg.1a65b0ba79b82eb710944eb776c0acd6.jpg

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, phabric said:

People leave their used towels on the chairs and walk away so people think the chair is occupied.  If people took their used towels with them, there would be loungers for others.

If they don't bother to use the time-honored Chair Hog method of an old paperback and a flip flop, a lounger with only a towel is waiting for an occupant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, pistnbroke said:

Maybe they should sell “No Chair Hogs” tshirts aboard.

the designs could be quite creative and the proceeds could be donated to charity.

Thought of doing the same for timeshare sellers

Idiots would by them for the express purpose of hogging chairs.  They would think it is funny.

Many years ago, my husband, son, and I went to the upper level of the theater for a show. There were about 5 people in the whole level. There were tons of empty seats.  I had placed my evening bag on the empty seat next to me.  A couple entered the room, and in a huff the woman came right next to me and sat on top of my bag, saying  "You are not supposed to save seats!"  To this day I do not know how I restrained myself.

21 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

And I always wonder how they rationalize that such behavior is acceptable.

I'm not defending that behavior but there isn't a ruling against doing so. 

It would take a brazen individual to consider it OK. 

9 hours ago, annmarz said:

Many years ago, my husband, son, and I went to the upper level of the theater for a show. There were about 5 people in the whole level. There were tons of empty seats.  I had placed my evening bag on the empty seat next to me.  A couple entered the room, and in a huff the woman came right next to me and sat on top of my bag, saying  "You are not supposed to save seats!"  To this day I do not know how I restrained myself.

I would have then told that person that they owe me a new bag and any contents inside it.  And then asked for their name and cabin number.

Edited by Potstech

10 hours ago, annmarz said:

Hilarious and reminds me of a trip the local gym one night when there was literally nobody there. I picked a locker near the wall, in the corner and along comes the only other guy in the gym, puts his bag down on the bench where my bag is and moves my bag. I couldn't help myself - "are you kidding me? 100 empty lockers and 10 empty benches and you have to pick the one right beside me?".

People.