Chair Hogs and Now........

We are all familiar with the early rising Chair Hog that uses pool towel, a flip flop, and an old paperback to reserve a pool lounger at 6:00 AM for occupancy in the late morning or afternoon even.

Here's a new one on me.  Library table hogs.  This was taken around 5:15 AM.

Maybe it was a late night party and they just broke for coffee.😜

IMG_20240111_065040136_HDR.jpg

• Haha 17

What I don’t like is when people leave for the day and too lazy to throw their pool towels in the container and the towel is left on the chair   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Maybe it was a late night party and they just broke for coffee.😜

They went up to the buffet for breakfast and now sitting there playing cards until lunch is served. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, doghog said:

They went up to the buffet for breakfast and now sitting there playing cards until lunch is served. 

If there going to play cards all morning, won’t it be cheaper to stay at home. Lol

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

On a recent cruise, on the library table, there was a half completed jigsaw puzzle with a hand written sign on it that read "Do Not Touch".  It was there for at least 3 days before someone crossed out the word "Not".

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

On a recent cruise, on the library table, there was a half completed jigsaw puzzle with a hand written sign on it that read "Do Not Touch".  It was there for at least 3 days before someone crossed out the word "Not".

I love jigsaw puzzles!! I would've totally completed it for them or at least significantly changed it and invited others to do so as well

If they don't want it touched, take it to their room

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You need to give Victoria a break.  She is on vacation and mom thinks she is doing her homework in the library.  Don’t give her an excuse….another passenger “ate” my homework.  

• Haha 7

the file folder might indicate someone was intending to do some work in a quiet place.  Kind of odd to leave the files, though.  Makes me think it is just a prop.   Either way, not right to claim a table like that and not use it.    

2 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Sorry a puzzle on the table is free reign to work 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Except for the fact that it would ruin the puzzle for others a good response to this problem would be to take 8 or 10 pieces out of the puzzle box and hide them somewhere.

DON

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

If there going to play cards all morning, won’t it be cheaper to stay at home. Lol

You would think. But I'm not a mind reader for the ones I've seen do exactly that. 😄

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I love jigsaw puzzles!! I would've totally completed it for them or at least significantly changed it and invited others to do so as well

If they don't want it touched, take it to their room

😂

Edited by doghog

Followup.  The table is still unoccupied at 12:00 noon and other passengers have started piling old magazines, paperbacks, used coffee cups, etc on it.  I wish I could see the Table Hog's reaction when they return.

Too funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

8 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Followup.  The table is still unoccupied at 12:00 noon and other passengers have started piling old magazines, paperbacks, used coffee cups, etc on it.  I wish I could see the Table Hog's reaction when they return.

Too funny.

Even better:

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

... the stuff needs to go to the lost and found!!

• Like 2

Chair hogging is one of the most annoying aspects of cruising - I think most would agree.

Remove the stuff, put it somewhere fairly close, and when (if) the offenders return simply act as if the chair was empty when you found it. "I know nothing!" - like Sgt. Schultz!

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

On 1/11/2024 at 11:11 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Passed by the Table Hog location again and lest anyone think they had just stepped away, 4 hours later and still nobody sitting there.

I would have had zero problem in the beginning taking all of the stuff off the table and putting it back up on the shelves, in the corner, or on a window ledge.

• Like 3

Oh for goodness sakes.  Bring a roll-up puzzle mat like my daughter and I do.  We do ours in our room  but would definitely work for any public space.  No excuses.  Hoggy.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 11:08 AM, Tonye60 said:

I take great pleasure in moving peoples stuff, disappointed sometime when there are free chairs 

You know what's even more fun? Take said items off their chair, leave it on the deck and move the chair far enough that they dont know who took it if they return yet close enough to watch the fun should they return. The confusion is worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5