Chair Hogs and Now........

And lets not leave out the theater chair hogs. We like to get to the theater early and have always enjoyed the preshow comedy entertainment where a chair hog is frantically trying to save a bunch of seats in a row. 😂

On 1/11/2024 at 8:18 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

You need to give Victoria a break.  She is on vacation and mom thinks she is doing her homework in the library.  Don’t give her an excuse….another passenger “ate” my homework.  

Looks like study hall and the procter didn't show so ditch, just make sure to come back and get your books.

On 1/11/2024 at 4:16 AM, SargassoPirate said:

We are all familiar with the early rising Chair Hog that uses pool towel, a flip flop, and an old paperback to reserve a pool lounger at 6:00 AM for occupancy in the late morning or afternoon even.

Here's a new one on me.  Library table hogs.  This was taken around 5:15 AM.

Maybe it was a late night party and they just broke for coffee.😜

IMG_20240111_065040136_HDR.jpg

What I saw on our last cruise was the barstool hogs. 2 would sit at each end of the 6 stool section at the pool bar and put towels on the 4 inside seats folded like cushions. 2 or more would be there all day hogging all the stools, while others did come and go, but it was "their" seats. They prob needed the towels for their rears.

Edited by Yehootu

On 1/11/2024 at 10:59 AM, Ombud said:

I love jigsaw puzzles!! I would've totally completed it for them or at least significantly changed it and invited others to do so as well

If they don't want it touched, take it to their room

Might be fun to add a few pieces from another box. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Might be fun to add a few pieces from another box. 

We once did a 1,200 piece puzzle that was all golf clubs, golf balls, and golf tees. The pieces did not interlock and there were 5 extra pieces included that didn't fit anywhere. It was evil!!! When we finally finished it we put it back in the box, taped the box shut, and donated it to Good Will with a sticky note on top saying it was all there.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/11/2024 at 7:16 AM, SargassoPirate said:

We are all familiar with the early rising Chair Hog that uses pool towel, a flip flop, and an old paperback to reserve a pool lounger at 6:00 AM for occupancy in the late morning or afternoon even.

Here's a new one on me.  Library table hogs.  This was taken around 5:15 AM.

Maybe it was a late night party and they just broke for coffee.😜

IMG_20240111_065040136_HDR.jpg

I think this is a mom and daughter doing school work. I passed by the other day and they were very busy working. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Clek said:

I think this is a mom and daughter doing school work. I passed by the other day and they were very busy working. 

Still would have zero problems with moving all of this to ‘another location’. Accord for the OP it sat there for hours and hours and hours. Brings a whole new perspective to ‘the dog ate my homework’ when it becomes ‘I went on a cruise and my homework just disappeared’. If it’s that important, don’t abandon it. 😎

• Like 5

On one of the cruises we were on, one couple had a set of loungers saved in the sun by the pool, a set saved in the shade, a set saved in the smoking area and a set with a table by the window at the pool and they bounced between them all day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goldenrosebags said:

On one of the cruises we were on, one couple had a set of loungers saved in the sun by the pool, a set saved in the shade, a set saved in the smoking area and a set with a table by the window at the pool and they bounced between them all day.

This is where i'd take their stuff to them and say, "It looks like you forgot some of your things". Be great just to hear their reply.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

And I always wonder how they rationalize that such behavior is acceptable.

19 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

And I always wonder how they rationalize that such behavior is acceptable.

They rationalize it by thinking they are just smarter than everyone else. Those of us who have friends like this hear them brag about their strategies. 

14 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I saw a couple on 2 loungers in the sun and saved 2 loungers in the shade.  He would come to check on the shade ones.  An older couple, keep going around looking for 2 loungers. After they had walked around 2 times,   I mentioned to them, about those 2 loungers in the shade and told them to get a pool attendant.  The pool attendant removed the items and the couple sat down.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

Such a sad way for people to spend vacation days, feeling the need to keep and guard "their" places, while their vacation flies by.

6 hours ago, gwhitti said:

They rationalize it by thinking they are just smarter than everyone else. Those of us who have friends like this hear them brag about their strategies. 

Sorry to hear you have such disgusting friends...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, phabric said:

I saw a couple on 2 loungers in the sun and saved 2 loungers in the shade.  He would come to check on the shade ones.  An older couple, keep going around looking for 2 loungers. After they had walked around 2 times,   I mentioned to them, about those 2 loungers in the shade and told them to get a pool attendant.  The pool attendant removed the items and the couple sat down.

I did this in the Universe Lounge on Coral Princess. Someone had "reserved" seats by placing a can across them. They had been "reserved" for more than 30 - 40 minutes when I saw a couple fruitlessly searching for seating. I told them the cane had been there for quite a while and reserving seating was not allowed. I moved the cane to the side and invited them to take the (good!) seats. I don't know if anybody ever showed up to try to "claim" the seats as I didn't give it another thought. I know I never noticed any disturbance in regard to the seats.

• Like 2

I enjoy spending a see day sitting by the pool all day. But I don't have to watch my place. Or leave my stuff behind. If I have to leave my chair for a few minutes to, say, go get my sunglasses. My spouse always stays behind. One of us is always there. What irritated me was the time the people sitting beside me got a warning on their chair because they weren't in them. I told the attendant that they were in the pool and pointed out the people he said ya but they're not in their chairs. Do we not deserve a chair on the pool deck while we're in the pool? And they were gone like 10 to 20 minutes a time. Not all day. I hate chair hogs but there needs to be a balance. No?

• Like 3

If I had seen someone looking for a chair I would have told those people about the chair hogs. I don't move peoples stuff only because I'm terrified of confrontation and I'm always worried the people will see me. But I have gone to get an attendant to move it for me. I like being able to legitimately say I didn't move their stuff and don't know where it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pistnbroke said:

Maybe they should sell “No Chair Hogs” tshirts aboard.

the designs could be quite creative and the proceeds could be donated to charity.

Thought of doing the same for timeshare sellers

That would be awesome. I'd buy one.

20 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

SMH

19 hours ago, Yehootu said:

This is where i'd take their stuff to them and say, "It looks like you forgot some of your things". Be great just to hear their reply.

If I did that, I would wait until they were in the smoking area and take it all there.  But I do wonder how someone managed to peg a couple in all the areas when no direct lines of sight for all four.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If I did that, I would wait until they were in the smoking area and take it all there.  But I do wonder how someone managed to peg a couple in all the areas when no direct lines of sight for all four.

It was on a different line and I could see all 4. The pool deck had a smoking glassed in "room".

• Thanks 1