Are Trivia questions repeated on consecutive cruises?

canadarocks

We’ll be onboard the Emerald for a full Panama Canal transit followed by a Circle Caribbean cruise. I can see on the app that the Trivia games repeat on each cruise. For example, on Day 1 of each cruise there is a game called Couch Potato scheduled. Can I expect there to be new questions on the 2nd cruise or will it be a complete repeat of the 1st? 

Repeat it seems which of course is totally unfair to new guests if there are people who already heard the questions and answers on the previous cruise.  Like watching Jeopardy at 4 pm then watching it again at 7 pm with friends and amazing them with how much you know.

• Haha 5

After many many cruises and many manytrivias on each cruise I have found it depends on the cruise trivia staff to not be lazy.  If we play on a b2b, we inform them that they are asking repeat questions.  All of them have then gone and found new questions.  

• Like 1

This past May we did a b2b and at our age the questions may have repeated, but we never remembered the answers 🤣. I'm lucky if I can walk into a room and remember why I did 🤣.

Edited by Moondogy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I asked one of the ACDs who ran the trivia for his ship if he had to come up with the trivia questions or if they got the questions from the home office.  He said they had to develop their own questions and that they had a large bank of questions developed over the years that were reused on cruises. Some of them had a "theme" such as Halloween questions leading up to Halloween.  He also said they tried not to repeat questions on B2B cruises, but sometimes it was unavoidable.

He also said they tried to make the questions culturally relevant to the guests on the cruise.  Meaning when they sailed from Southampton with a lot of UK cruisers, they didn't do American sports or history trivia and vice versa.

So take his comments for what they're worth, but that's what I was told.

Edited by DCThunder

3 hours ago, dockman said:

Repeat it seems which of course is totally unfair to new guests if there are people who already heard the questions and answers on the previous cruise.  Like watching Jeopardy at 4 pm then watching it again at 7 pm with friends and amazing them with how much you know.

We have heard repeat questions but rarely.
But it must happen more than we realize...we know people who keep a book full of questions!  Why would they do that if they weren't going to use it to reference the questions?  I don't get it.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

Agree.  It's those on the ships for many B2Bs that know all the answers.  It's frustrating for those that aren't on many B2Bs.  We have also been told the person running the trivia for that session picks the questions.  They can add their own if they want but generally, it's a bank of questions they have to choose from on a regular basis.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moondogy said:

This past May we did a b2b and at our age the questions may have repeated, but we never remembered the answers 🤣. I'm lucky if I can walk into a room and remember why I did 🤣.

🤦‍♂️, I often try to remember if I brushed my teeth and did I take shower.

7 hours ago, Moondogy said:

My wife has this figured out. It's the doorways! There is some magical force involved where passing through a doorway can make you forget why you did so.

I have a daily reminder from Alexa to take meds at 8:00 PM. I don't know how many times I've gotten the reminder, gone to the restroom to take the pills, used the toilet and then left - completely forgetting the medication. GAH!

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Some trivia attendees on B2B cruises will compete to get that glorious gift for 1st place.🤣

Even crazier, I have heard that they use those crappy prizes to tip their cabin steward!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

Even crazier, I have heard that they use those crappy prizes to tip their cabin steward!

On princess, there was a notorious couple on a multitude of cruises that used the prizes for the staff.  They also got into a lot of arguments with everyone.  Word got out, believe this or not, supposedly princess requested they no longer sail with them.

We had many repeat questions and it is amazing how bad we did each time, haha.  But we just play for fun.  But, sadly now that everyone has the internet, so many people are cheating........all for a princess coaster.  That to me is very, very sad.  

I take losing as the fun part of not knowing that much trivia, but to lose to cheaters boils my blood. 

• Like 3