Crowded pool deck on Beyond

smeck

Don’t believe what you hear. We just took a walk around the pool deck on a beautiful day and didn’t see one empty chair.  Lots of towels on chairs without humans.  Be prepared to get out early and stake your piece of real estate.  While I hate chair hogs sometimes you have to play the game!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smeck said:

Don’t believe what you hear. We just took a walk around the pool deck on a beautiful day and didn’t see one empty chair.  Lots of towels on chairs without humans.  Be prepared to get out early and stake your piece of real estate.  While I hate chair hogs sometimes you have to play the game!!!!

until I come along and see a seat that has been 'towelled' and empty for an hour and have the crew free it up for me

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Been on the Beyond for last two cruises and on each sea day empty chairs by the pool have been nonexistent.  Also very crowded in all the main entertainment venues, if you don’t go 30 min before show, you will not get a seat.  Gym situation is not much better.

First time on the Beyond … beautiful ship (one of the most beautiful we have been on), but space utilization is awful.  

We will be cruising on “S” or “M” class ships in the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Been on the Beyond for last two cruises and on each sea day empty chairs by the pool have been nonexistent.  Also very crowded in all the main entertainment venues, if you don’t go 30 min before show, you will not get a seat.  Gym situation is not much better.

First time on the Beyond … beautiful ship (one of the most beautiful we have been on), but space utilization is awful.  

One of the reasons I prefer M class.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

I fully agree with the OP and these comments. Just got off this ship.

• Like 2

I was on Beyond in January 2023 and on sea days the resort deck was full, but was definitely not impossible to find a lounger or two.  I reserved a cabana on two of my four sea days on my upcoming Beyond cruise however 😂

We will see how that goes.

10 hours ago, hcat said:

did not have any crowd/ seat save issues on BEYOND..other than long term snoring nappers in the Solarium.

Are the  cruises booked to max capacity?

Yes completely sold out. 

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I guess I'm not surprised that the Beyond is crowded.  The Beyond has about 10 percent more passengers and the same size pool deck.

I would think there is actually LESS seat space since half of the pool area is the walking track. Not to mention not as much shade area on the upper deck compared to M class.

Just off Beyond 1/19. Everything was packed to capacity. The pool deck and solarium loungers begin to fill up at 7am. Wall to wall bodies. Poster upthread is correct. Get to venues at least 30-40 minutes in advance to get a seat.

Pax on my cruisers were primarily older folks, so most cabins had 2 occupants. I can’t even imagine a cruise with families with children.

Crowd and loud, pulsating “music” everywhere. Yikes! I’m Elite+ and moving on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, cruzfiend said:

I would think there is actually LESS seat space since half of the pool area is the walking track. Not to mention not as much shade area on the upper deck compared to M class.

The walking path is not on the pool deck (14) Its on deck 15 & 16.  Yes, there are loungers on deck 15 & 16 as well.

18 minutes ago, natshala said:

Just off Beyond 1/19. Everything was packed to capacity. The pool deck and solarium loungers begin to fill up at 7am. Wall to wall bodies. Poster upthread is correct. Get to venues at least 30-40 minutes in advance to get a seat.

Pax on my cruisers were primarily older folks, so most cabins had 2 occupants. I can’t even imagine a cruise with families with children.

That was our experience on E class when fully booked.  Everything was packed...

26 minutes ago, natshala said:

I like a nice party vibe on the pool/party deck, great to hear.  My last Beyond cruise funerals could have been held on the pool/party deck.  I'm select and booking more.

• Like 1

Isn’t this what an Island cruise is supposed to be.  Lots of music and action.

Been on some other cruise venues where its quiet and relaxing. Those ones were also nice when we wanted to site see and relax.  

We’re on Apex in 5 days and it’s sold out.   I am sure were going to experience what all have said.

Tips for how to handle the crowds and seating is appreciated.

• Like 1

Most ships are selling out or almost anyway. Not trying to be glib but isnt this a perennial on cruise ships? Even when I sailed in June ‘22 on a 2/3rd full ship it was challenging to find chairs. Then again they also had more chairs still stacked and not out which shows they are doing some kind of calculation. The companies always have to balance the number of chairs by needed space by number of people who will actually use them. As much as the chair hogs are a problem, there also tend to be a lot using the chairs as well. Never fun, but that is a reality. 

Edited by georgiaguy

3 hours ago, cruzfiend said:

Sorry I was trying to compare Beyond to Edge.  I knew what I meant, sorry I didn't write it.  🤭