Is concierge veranda really worth $500 vs regular veranda on the Equinox?

19 minutes ago, Irishgirl1012 said:

I dont' feel like it is worth it. Anyone?

Sounds like you answered your own question.  If you don't feel like it's worth it to you; then it's not worth it to you.

• Like 2

So many things to consider:  Is the $500  per person or for two?  (that would make it $250 per person if it is for two passengers)  Is this a 7 day or 14 day cruise? (That would make it $71.43 per day if it is for 7 day cruise, or $35.71 per day if it is for a 14 day cruise, then you would actually divide that in half if the original $500 was for two persons).  Can you get a better location in a concierge than any of the available veranda cabins? Is the size of the concierge cabin larger than the veranda cabins?  Does the special lunch on embarkation day of any value to you?  

No, not worth it. Even if it's for a 14 day cruise there really no value. I would much rather put the $500 towards multiple specialty restaurant dinners. We are just off the brand new Ascent in conceige class and it was no different than a regular IV cabin. 

• Like 3

Absolutely not worth it, in my opinion.  I've done it once, and won't again unless it's a negligible difference. The only thing I remember being different is a bottle of cheap sparkling wine and also they would drop off a mid afternoon snack of cheese and crackers. I can go get that myself in the buffet for free if I really have a hankering for a pre-supper snack (which I really don't, usually).  Look at the list of what's offered and decide if it's worth it to you, and make sure to compare it to the non-concierge class rooms because many of the things listed are also just regular offerings for all rooms. 

Nope.  

However,…….always a however🤪.    We just booked a CC on a 7 day Eclipse. It’s a prime location on the pool deck 12, cabin 2106   Larger balcony.   I will have knee surgery 8 weeks before and wanted something close to the pool

however..😜… no its not worth it in most cases.  You pay more in gratuities and really get nothing in return IMHO

• Like 3

17 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

In Equinox there is no difference in the size of the rooms

Yes the Cabin size is the same but The balcony on C1  angle cabins on the hump are bigger than in the normal cabins, also SC verandas at the AFT are bigger, the OP doesn't mention what type of concierge he is looking,

Edited by gerelmx

Booked CC for upcoming cruise only because it was $45 more. We are interested in the embarkation lunch. In my opinion CC is not worth much, would not pay hundreds more.

NO! On the M-class ships the cabin is bigger, but not $500 worth of bigger! The other ships are the same size cabin and the amenities that come with concierge class aren't worth that much of a difference.

13 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Nope.  

However,…….always a however🤪.    We just booked a CC on a 7 day Eclipse. It’s a prime location on the pool deck 12, cabin 2106   Larger balcony.   I will have knee surgery 8 weeks before and wanted something close to the pool

however..😜… no its not worth it in most cases.  You pay more in gratuities and really get nothing in return IMHO

We also booked a CC for the same reason - we're just steps away from the pool. I think it was only $100 difference per person.

19 hours ago, gerelmx said:

The balcony on C1  angle cabins on the hump are bigger than in the normal cabins

@gerelmx  How are they bigger --  wider or deeper?  We were on a Deluxe Verandah balcony on the Equinox and it was deeper.  Just checked the price of a Deluxe Verandah vs. a CC on the Silhouette (one of the angled cabins on the hump) and the CC was about $50/pp cheaper than the DV which I don't understand?

1 hour ago, daybrake said:

@gerelmx  How are they bigger --  wider or deeper?  We were on a Deluxe Verandah balcony on the Equinox and it was deeper.  Just checked the price of a Deluxe Verandah vs. a CC on the Silhouette (one of the angled cabins on the hump) and the CC was about $50/pp cheaper than the DV which I don't understand?

The balcony is longer, or deeper. It is because of the demand that the Concierges are cheaper than the normal verandas

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

The balcony is longer, or deeper. It is because of the demand that the Concierges are cheaper than the normal verandas

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise - so trying to understand the different cabin choices.  So . . . on the Silhouette a C1 (Concierge) that is on Deck 10 directly above the DV (Deluxe Verandah) would be the same cabin and verandah size?  The C1 is $50 pp LESS than the DV.  The C1 includes a little more in "perks" than the DV (embarkation lunch and priority embarkation).  Seems like the C1 is the better value?

44 minutes ago, daybrake said:

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise - so trying to understand the different cabin choices.  So . . . on the Silhouette a C1 (Concierge) that is on Deck 10 directly above the DV (Deluxe Verandah) would be the same cabin and verandah size?  The C1 is $50 pp LESS than the DV.  The C1 includes a little more in "perks" than the DV (embarkation lunch and priority embarkation).  Seems like the C1 is the better value?

In this case it is. But that’s not normally what happens. Usually the C1 would cost more than the DV.

No the embarkation lunch is OK but not great. Invites to concierge parties not worth much as drinks are even below the basic drinks package. I’m amazed that they still offer the daily snack delivery as shortly after the hallway is full of uneaten trays of dried up something. We didnt get priority embarkation and as we were walk offs didn’t use the disembarkation lounge either If you have captains club Elite status most perks are duplicated so get a few nice bottles of wine and a speciality dinner instead.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, scotlanders said:

No the embarkation lunch is OK but not great. Invites to concierge parties not worth much as drinks are even below the basic drinks package. I’m amazed that they still offer the daily snack delivery as shortly after the hallway is full of uneaten trays of dried up something. We didnt get priority embarkation and as we were walk offs didn’t use the disembarkation lounge either If you have captains club Elite status most perks are duplicated so get a few nice bottles of wine and a speciality dinner instead.

Agree with what was said. We had the embarkation lunch on the Ascent and it was nothing special. Luckily we lined up early for the lunch because by the time we were finished and were leaving the line was huge trying to get into the CC lunch. I would have never waited in a line with 30 people. The champagne cannot be switched out for something else so I declined to open it. The little bites are not very interesting so they are not eaten by the majority of passengers. You actually see the room attendants dumping out all the uneaten stuff into buckets right in the hallways. If they actually had tasty treats people would enjoy them better. But a piece of pita bread and a dab of some sort of hummus isn't cutting it, thus all the uneaten food. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks  to all of you experienced Celebrity cruises for the insight.  We will keep our DV and hope to be able to reprice if there is a better sale between now and our sail date -- there is still time.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Agree with what was said. We had the embarkation lunch on the Ascent and it was nothing special. Luckily we lined up early for the lunch because by the time we were finished and were leaving the line was huge trying to get into the CC lunch. I would have never waited in a line with 30 people. The champagne cannot be switched out for something else so I declined to open it. The little bites are not very interesting so they are not eaten by the majority of passengers. You actually see the room attendants dumping out all the uneaten stuff into buckets right in the hallways. If they actually had tasty treats people would enjoy them better. But a piece of pita bread and a dab of some sort of hummus isn't cutting it, thus all the uneaten food. 

I have always taken the wine to the MDR and the sommelier has switched it out for a bottle of Prosecco. I've been doing this for years. Occasionally I get a bottle of red depending on mood at the time.  Also, we generally ask for a fruit and cheese plate instead of what they normally bring without any issues.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1