Can’t find my medallion

Shutterlady

24 minutes ago, Shutterlady said:

We leave Saturday and I can’t find my medallion. What do I do now?

No worries at all, just pick up a new one when checking in (they will be more than happy to give you a replacement.

One cruise I forgot to pack them but easy-peasy to get another one at embarkation.

This was before green/blue lanes. So unfortunately you will have to go through blue lane to get another one (just assuming).

Regardless, do not stress one more minute about it😊

Cheers

• Like 5

Did you take it out of the box?  I guess you've checked your purse, make up bag, suitcase, top of the fridge lol?  

It will probably be somewhere "safe" and you'll stumble on it before you go.

10 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Did you take it out of the box?  I guess you've checked your purse, make up bag, suitcase, top of the fridge lol?  

It will probably be somewhere "safe" and you'll stumble on it before you go.

Or it might be in the "I'll put it here since I'll remember where it is" place. A lot of things end up there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Did you put it on a lanyard or other 'holder'???

I once thought I had lost/misplaced a couple of necklaces that I take on cruises...

One a silver flip-flop from a Hawaiian artist/maker.  Another a whales tail from Alaska.

I had hung them on the rack of robe/jacket hooks, where I also hand some scarves...  They ended up totally hidden there!

In any case, never fear...  It is not some kind of powerful magical device.

It just has a readable strip, that is picked up by the ships computer.

They will just grab one, link it to your account/cabin, and you are good to go.

Set up your house like a Princess cruise ship with medallion sensors every 10 feet or so. Be sure to run all the cabling to a central computer room. Purchase the same computers and software (ewww) from Princess. Hire one of their IT folk (surely one has quit by now because they couldn't stand working with a bunch of klutzes) and then you can locate the medallion just like they do on the ship ...

Or just go to the ship without it like others have suggested where they'll make you a new one.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Haha 1

Another reason why Princess should stop mailing Medallions pre-cruise.  If they left them in the cabins they'd never be lost.  Doesn't waste postage (carbon footprint as well since Princess is so concerned about the environment); doesn't waste costs in regards to having to give out another new Medallion; doesn't waste port agents' and passengers' time during check-in trying to retrieve Medallions from bins.

8 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Another reason why Princess should stop mailing Medallions pre-cruise.  If they left them in the cabins they'd never be lost.  Doesn't waste postage (carbon footprint as well since Princess is so concerned about the environment); doesn't waste costs in regards to having to give out another new Medallion; doesn't waste port agents' and passengers' time during check-in trying to retrieve Medallions from bins.

You make good points, but I still like having mine in advance. Anything that gets me through check-in faster is a winner in my book. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Another reason why Princess should stop mailing Medallions pre-cruise.  If they left them in the cabins they'd never be lost. 

But, but, but... we wouldn't be able to post, non-stop, about the Blue lane or the Green lane.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RocknRoll22 said:

But, but, but... we wouldn't be able to post, non-stop, about the Blue lane or the Green lane.

Yeah, that's a problem for sure. Sucks some of the joy right out of life.

4 hours ago, SCX22 said:

How would you get into your cabin to get them? Or obtain a drink when boarding? Or if defective, passengers would have to waste the first day standing in line to obtain another.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

How would you get into your cabin to get them? Or obtain a drink when boarding? Or if defective, passengers would have to waste the first day standing in line to obtain another.

Branch out to other cruise lines.  

Princess is the only mass market cruise line that gives out your cruise ID during check-in.  Other cruise lines have them waiting for passengers in a slot by the cabin number or all the cabin doors are propped open during embarkation and the cruise ID is in the cabin.  Passengers can give their cabin numbers to order drinks if cabins aren’t ready yet.  No one at check-in is fumbling around bins trying to find cruise IDs, which saves time.  The QR code, which is useless on Princess’ boarding pass, becomes your ticket to board the ship for the first time.  Saves money and time.  RCCL can board their 6000 plus passenger ships with minimals lines using this method.  It’s worth noting, Carnival and Holland America, which are also under CCL, don’t give out cruise cards during check-in; they are collected in the cabin upon first visit.  Not sure why the Ivory Tower at Princess thinks mailing Medallions is cost effective (they have to maintain a fulfillment facility in Asia, $10 hardly, if at all, covers shipping coming that far, and the packaging costs money) and why giving them out at check-in is time effective (port agents fumble around bins trying to find a needle in a haystack wasting time, which is time they could be using to check someone else in).  

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Branch out to other cruise lines.  

Princess is the only mass market cruise line that gives out your cruise ID during check-in.  Other cruise lines have them waiting for passengers in a slot by the cabin number or all the cabin doors are propped open during embarkation and the cruise ID is in the cabin.  Passengers can give their cabin numbers to order drinks if cabins aren’t ready yet.  No one at check-in is fumbling around bins trying to find cruise IDs, which saves time.  The QR code, which is useless on Princess’ boarding pass, becomes your ticket to board the ship for the first time.  Saves money and time.  RCCL can board their 6000 plus passenger ships with minimals lines using this method.  It’s worth noting, Carnival and Holland America, which are also under CCL, don’t give out cruise cards during check-in; they are collected in the cabin upon first visit.  Not sure why the Ivory Tower at Princess thinks mailing Medallions is cost effective (they have to maintain a fulfillment facility in Asia, $10 hardly, if at all, covers shipping coming that far, and the packaging costs money) and why giving them out at check-in is time effective (port agents fumble around bins trying to find a needle in a haystack wasting time, which is time they could be using to check someone else in).  

Last HAL cruise I went on did as you said- card in mail slot outside the cabin- but It didn’t show up there until after lunch- so they would not let us order drinks on our package until they could see the card.  Also, made me uncomfortable knowing anyone could help themselves and go into my cabin before I got there.  I prefer Princess way.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1