Retreat Privilege Package - New Guiding Document

8 hours ago, SALAMANCA2014 said:

On an upgrade to a Sky Suite  on the Edge with Retreat access there was no Wi Fi or Beverage Package included. Beer, Water, coffee, wine and some snacks were available in the Retreat only.

Since the rate is now a $199.00 per day what is included?

If the guest has purchased a beverage package will he receive credit for the payment?

I think you may be conflating the move-up bid program with the Retreat Privilege Package which are two different and unrelated things.

Funny that this topic has been resurrected.  I just purchased the retreat privilege package last week.  I’m a solo cruising with a friend and her daughter who are in a sky suite on the Apex.  The package cost me a little less than $2400 for a 12 night cruise. The cost for  me was far less than booking a retreat suite and I’m able to eat my meals with my friends.  Drinks are not included with the package but I’m Elite so I can still partake of the free beverages at cocktail hour. I know it’s a costly item and not for everyone but something I chose to do. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ncgolferette said:

Drinks are not included with the package but I’m Elite so I can still partake of the free beverages at cocktail hour.

You'll also have access to the Retreat lounge whenever you like where drinks are also free.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

Funny that this topic has been resurrected.  I just purchased the retreat privilege package last week.  I’m a solo cruising with a friend and her daughter who are in a sky suite on the Apex.  The package cost me a little less than $2400 for a 12 night cruise. The cost for  me was far less than booking a retreat suite and I’m able to eat my meals with my friends.  Drinks are not included with the package but I’m Elite so I can still partake of the free beverages at cocktail hour. I know it’s a costly item and not for everyone but something I chose to do. 

I hope you have a nice time.  I thought the person in the suite pays.  I guess I’m thinking of eating in Luminae.

Some of us are wondering why we don’t do this instead of spending $10,000-$50,000 on a suite on Celebrity.  It’s not worth paying for a Sky Suite just to get a little extra room.

Edited by zitsky

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Some of us are wondering why we don’t do this instead of spending $10,000-$50,000 on a suite on Celebrity.  It’s not worth paying for a Sky Suite just to get a little extra room.

You cannot buy it for yourself.  Someone who is booked in a suite has to order and pay for it but you can pay them back, which is what I suspect is what @ncgolferette did. 

As indicated, someone who got access to the Retreat this way would only get free drinks while in the Retreat.  They would need a drink package to get drinks in Luminae and the Retreat Sundeck if I understand the program correctly. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SALAMANCA2014 said:

On an upgrade to a Sky Suite  on the Edge with Retreat access there was no Wi Fi or Beverage Package included. Beer, Water, coffee, wine and some snacks were available in the Retreat only.

Since the rate is now a $199.00 per day what is included?

If the guest has purchased a beverage package will he receive credit for the payment?

FWIW, on my first day to the lounge and deck, they checked my pass before getting me a drink.  After they started to recognize me (I usually tip bartenders on the first day), I just got me drinks.  So totally unknown if this is just access, or if it includes beverages (obviously not for kids) or WiFi.

Edited by 3dog

To clarify my friend did call the retreat concierge and gave both her and my booking number so I could get the package. . I then called the concierge, he checked my friends reservation, and I was able to pay for the package.  No, drinks are not included just access to the lounge, Luminae and the sun deck.  Still cheaper than booking a suite and I get free drinks from 5 to 7 anyway. 

• Like 2

@3dog  I cannot ever recall having my card checked in the Retreat lounge.  One the  Retreat sundeck and in Luminae I've been asked for my card or asked for our room number, which tells this what room and drink package we have but never in the lounge. 

@ncgolferette I am surprised it did not include drinks in the lounge since I do not recall them ever checking us in the lounge.  But as  you said, having access to be with your friends was what was important. 

59 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@3dog  I cannot ever recall having my card checked in the Retreat lounge.  One the  Retreat sundeck and in Luminae I've been asked for my card or asked for our room number, which tells this what room and drink package we have but never in the lounge. 

I'm quite sure that on the first day both places checked.  I can't explain why (possibly they didn't see me badge in; maybe they wanted to put faces to names, or there may have been recent straggler incidents) but it was checked on the first day.  By the 3rd (12 day cruise), nobody asked and the retreat deck bartender was waiting with a selection of beer from other parts of the ship.  He got a good tip.

I'm going to be on another E-class in a couple of weeks, I'll see if it is different (though, different ship, different sailing; YMMV)

@3dog Our last two cruises were on Millennium.  One the first I knew one of the Retreat Concierges from a previous cruise and on the second my DW and I were the first Suite guest to arrive for boarding and were waiting in the holding are and met one of the Retreat Concierge there before ever getting onboard.  

However, thinking back to our Silhouette sailing before that we badged into the Retreat Lounge and were greeted by the Retreat Concierge and welcomed onboard.  Never asked for our card to verify drink package or anything. 

On 7/1/2024 at 5:30 AM, zitsky said:

Are you referring to a Move Up bid?  You want to buy this for your friends?

The other members of my family selected the bid options. None of the bids were accepted at the high end of the bids. Celebrity said there were only a few suites available and the ship was sold out. When the Millennium sailed on July 2, 2024 out of Yokohama all cabins were sold out. 

On 7/1/2024 at 3:23 PM, DaKahuna said:

@ncgolferette I am surprised it did not include drinks in the lounge since I do not recall them ever checking us in the lounge.  But as  you said, having access to be with your friends was what was important. 

On the Edge there is one main door to the Retreat Lounge that requires Key Access.

Luminae the hostess would always verified the name and room number before you are permitted to enter the first time.

One the Millennium the Retreat Lounge is on Deck 4 Forward. There were two opened doors and there was a concierge sitting at the desk. The lounge is much smaller then the Retreat Lounge on the Edge.

Luminae on the Millennium is about 1/3 of the size as the one on the Edge.  

On 7/1/2024 at 6:58 AM, RichYak said:

I think you may be conflating the move-up bid program with the Retreat Privilege Package which are two different and unrelated things.

The bids for the upgrades at the high end were unsuccessful on the Millennium July 2, 2024, sailing out of Yokohama. The next option was to purchase the Retreat Privilege Package. Celebrity informed us that the package must be purchased three days before sailing. The concierge in the Retreat Lounge said the same the package only could be purchased three days before the sailing. She further stated that there is no way to accept a payment aboard the ship because an account is not available to post the entry to.   

On 7/1/2024 at 12:18 PM, DaKahuna said:

You cannot buy it for yourself.  Someone who is booked in a suite has to order and pay for it but you can pay them back, which is what I suspect is what @ncgolferette did. 

As indicated, someone who got access to the Retreat this way would only get free drinks while in the Retreat.  They would need a drink package to get drinks in Luminae and the Retreat Sundeck if I understand the program correctly. 

Your analysis is correct. 

On 7/1/2024 at 11:14 AM, zitsky said:

I hope you have a nice time.  I thought the person in the suite pays.  I guess I’m thinking of eating in Luminae.

If the ship is at 98% of capacity there is little change your bid is going to be successful. If you want to reserve a suite the only way is to pay the price. The price includes all the Retreat benefits, beverage package, Premium Wi Fi and full points for the sailing in the suite class. You only receive points for the class booked in when bidding for an upgrade. 

16 hours ago, SALAMANCA2014 said:

There were two opened doors and there was a concierge sitting at the desk.

There is also a sliding glass door on the left as you face the bar as well as a glass door to the outside deck to the right facing the bar.  None of these require a card to open and enter. 

• 5 weeks later...

Too many ways on X to now "jump the line"  by paying!   ex.  boarding access, suite perk access.. Some areas will be too crowded if it goes on and on..esp with new Crossovers from Royal C

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, hcat said:

Too many ways on X to now "jump the line"  by paying!   ex.  boarding access, suite perk access.. Some areas will be too crowded if it goes on and on..esp with new Crossovers from Royal C

Totally agree and it's really irritating when you consider how many Suite Guests will not be able to actually find seating in the Retreat because of this scheme, especially when X has an event there.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Totally agree and it's really irritating when you consider how many Suite Guests will not be able to actually find seating in the Retreat because of this scheme, especially when X has an event there.

The first cruise I go on where I cannot find a seat in the Retreat because of this will be the last time I set foot on any Royal Caribbean Group ship.  

I know Celebrity has said that the crossover Zenith's will not be granted Retreat Lounge access but we'll just have to wait and see.  I have not figured out how they will know when someone just waves the black card at them whether they belong or not. 

Edited by DaKahuna

42 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The first cruise I go on where I cannot find a seat in the Retreat because of this will be the last time I set foot on any Royal Caribbean Group ship.  

I know Celebrity has said that the crossover Zenith's will not be granted Retreat Lounge access but we'll just have to wait and see.  I have not figured out how they will know when someone just waves the black card at them whether they belong or not. 

Supposedly cross over Zeniths will not have blacks.  Their cards will be the color of the cabin category they booked but will say Zenith.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Some folks think I’m unreasonable for expecting other people to pay the same thing I do for suite access.  This is not a benefit if you have no kids or cruise alone.  When you pay a lot for a suite I don’t see why they sell memberships at the door.  

If and when I want a Penthouse, I’ll pay for it.  I’ll expect my friends to do the same.  Sorry not sorry.  Where are the people asking for this program in Blu?

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Actually the staff will know.
A few years ago we were told by one of the Retreat staff that they are required to study the photos of the faces of each new group of Suite guests so they can recognize them by name when they enter the Retreat. 

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Actually the staff will know.
A few years ago we were told by one of the Retreat staff that they are required to study the photos of the faces of each new group of Suite guests so they can recognize them by name when they enter the Retreat. 

Believe this to be true, but also believe it extends far past the Retreat staff.  We decided to use the MDR for lunch one day - something interesting on the menu - and were addressed by last name by the maître d' at the door.  Was the first time on that cruise that we'd set foot into the MDR, and the maître d' wasn't familiar from any other cruise.

19 hours ago, zitsky said:

Some folks think I’m unreasonable for expecting other people to pay the same thing I do for suite access.  This is not a benefit if you have no kids or cruise alone.  When you pay a lot for a suite I don’t see why they sell memberships at the door.  

If and when I want a Penthouse, I’ll pay for it.  I’ll expect my friends to do the same.  Sorry not sorry.  Where are the people asking for this program in Blu?

1.  Yep you are.

2.  You constantly complain that you can't get the deals others do.  

3.  Do you feel the same way about land retailers?  Of course you do.  But I'll bet you take advantage of any an all promotions/sales available to you.

4.  You take advantage of the Move Up Program and then you complained when you were allocated a Handicap Sky Suite.

5.  Not sure what makes you happy except if perks and benefits are given to you, then it is a different story.

• Like 1