Retreat Privilege Package - New Guiding Document

Spotted this today on Celebrity's TA resource site. There has been much ambiguity about this program, so this doc should help answer some questions. Note that one of the FAQ question highlights this program being available to all suite categories, not just upper suites. Also, 12 and under being free is a little short-sighted in my opinion. Also, the Priority embarkation makes me chuckle since the Retreat Privilege pass is delivered once onboard. How are the check-in folks supposed to identify people with this pass? Unless they indicate it on the Xpress pass?

I think Q3 might be might be misinterpreted as saying non-suite guests are no longer allowed to dine in Luminae for a fee. My interpretation is that the pass can not be segmented into a luminae/sun deck/suite lounge access pass for the entirety of the cruise. They'll likely continue allowing luminae dining for non-suite guests sailing with a suite guest on an availability basis with a cover charge.

Q5 raises some questions in regards to included ammenities. For Retreat Privilege Pass holders sailing with a top suite guests, what all is included? Specialty dining? Laundry? Why not be more verbose rather than leaving it up to interpretation?

Let the complaints from suite guests flow freely on this topic.

Text from the doc shown below.

THE RETREAT PRIVILEGE PACKAGE

As a guest of The Retreat®

your clients have the benefit of inviting their friends and family to join them

at our most luxurious spaces and exclusive restaurants, even if they’re not sailing as guests of The Retreat.

The Retreat Privilege Package is only available for purchase by guests of The Retreat.

Please contact Engagement Center Shoreside Retreat Concierge at 1-877-RETREAT to book.

Once on board, participating guests will receive a special Retreat Privilege pass,

making it easy for them to take advantage of all the Retreat perks listed above.

The Retreat Privilege Package benefits include:

• Priority boarding on embarkation day.

• Curbside Luggage Drop-off (if sailing with Top Suites who have luggage amenities).

• Dining in Luminae for breakfast and dinner. Includes lunch on days at sea.

• Access to The Retreat Lounge.

• Access to The Retreat Sundeck (Available on Edge series and Revolutionized ships only).

• Reserved Theater seating on Evening Chic nights.

• Priority suite debarkation.

FAQS

Q1: Who can request this package?

A1: Guests of The Retreat may request the Retreat Privilege Package for a non-Retreat guest (limited space

available). If there are a large number of people in a group, 1 non-suite guest may be requested to purchase

the package per suite guest. (Example: 5 guests in Penthouse Suite. 5 Suite Privilege Packages may be

purchased).

Q2: Who do we charge for this package?

A2: The payment is the responsibility of each booking. A code will be added to the booking by Shoreside

Concierge. Limited space in The Retreat Lounge / Michael’s Club and Luminae.

Children ages 12 and under will be included for free. Anyone 13 years and older will be charged full price.

Q3: Will we be offering separate access packages if a guest just wants access to Michael’s Club or if a guest

just wants access to Luminae?

A3: This is not offered at this time. It is an all-inclusive package only.

Q4: Can Zenith members or other guests not sailing with a guest of The Retreat purchase the package?

A4: Packages can only be purchased through a guest of The Retreat.

Q5: What Suites are included in the package?

A5: Guests sailing with any category of suites are eligible to purchase the package. Amenities of the package

vary to match the category of the suite category.

Q6: Can the package be prorated for a few days of the sailing?

A6: The package must be booked pre-cruise for the duration of the sailing. No refunds will be issued onboard or

post-cruise if the package is not used every day.

02_06_24_FLY_Retreat_Privilege_Package.pdf

• Thanks 2

Another misstep. I'm supposed to pay almost $10k for the cheapest suite on E class for a week in the Caribbean so someone else can give their friends and kids suite access for a few hundred dollars? 

Edited by paulh84
  • Like 19

No surprise.  Celebrity is about selling anything and everything they can right now.  They're not concerned about offending Retreat guests or longtime loyal cruisers as long as people keep paying.   This will certainly dilute the Retreat experience yet retain the illusion of 'exclusivity' for those who don't know better.  

We are just back from the Silhouette in the Retreat and had a very nice time but we did not book a future cruise while on board.  We don't trust Celebrity.  You may buy something today but you don't know what you'll actually get by the time your cruise rolls around.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

These packages are very limited and expensive. We have a friend who was able to get one for his daughter and grandson (age 13). He was unable to get a suite for them because only high level suites were available. He said he paid more for them to be in a concierge cabin with the package than if he would have if he had gotten a sky suite.

Edited by Tudy
clarity
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tudy said:

We have a friend who was able to get one for his daughter and grandson (age 13).

This makes perfect sense for grandparents wanting to eat with their families in Luminae.  I would want that.  I think it will be abused, however.  I don't believe Celebrity will keep this limited.  There is money to be made.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tudy said:

These packages are very limited and expensive. We have a friend who was able to get one for his daughter and grandson (age 13). He was unable to get a suite for them because only high level suites were available. He said he paid more for them to be in a concierge cabin with the package than if he would have if he had gotten a sky suite.

It used to be $99 per person per day and only available to upper suites. At today's suite prices it would be very strange for a non-suite cabin to be priced at less than $99 per person per day. There is no price published for today but since they are opening it up to anyone in a suite it will undoubtedly get used more. At the prices they want today if you want the grandkids to join you for dinner, booking accordingly and pay like the rest of us. 

it sounds touching when it is an invite for the grandkids, but it isn't so warm when it is a bunch of boozy friends on the Retreat deck

the number of people allowed will be the key. The Retreat areas are generally busy enough and we are paying for the space as well as the service. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How long before a black market web site is set up to match Suite guests with any passengers that want Retreat access....for a fee?  Wait a minute, Celebrity will probably do that themselves, "Move Up bids and Retreat Connections"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fantastic.   I pay the outrageous price for a suite and now have to put up with unruly children and crying babies that have access for free in Luminae and in the retreat areas.  So much for a retreat area to get away from them and also their splashing in the pool.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 10

We were in a Celebrity Suite on Apex in August. The Retreat areas were so crowded it was very frustrating most of the time.  I believe this is because they've added so many more Sky Suites on the E-class than the S and M-class ships.  Now they're going to add even more people???!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Another misstep. I'm supposed to pay almost $10k for the cheapest suite on E class for a week in the Caribbean so someone else can give their friends and kids suite access for a few hundred dollars? 

Reality is that it isn't a couple hundred.   The cost is $100 pp/pd.    It is probably more expensive than someone is getting if they bid on  and Upgrade.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Reality is that it isn't a couple hundred.   The cost is $100 pp/pd.    It is probably more expensive than someone is getting if they bid on  and Upgrade.

On a seven night cruise you aren't getting a MoveUp from non-Retreat to Retreat for $100/pp a day. Based on my experience and the tracker here, a MoveUp from IV or AQ to Sky Suite almost always starts at $1000/pp. The next cruise I am interested in the difference between AQ and Sky Suite is $3673 to $4728 depending on the Cruise Only or All Included fare. Bump that down and bring in your Inside cabin guests to Retreat and the difference is $6002 to $7019 for two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

Fantastic.   I pay the outrageous price for a suite and now have to put up with unruly children and crying babies that have access for free in Luminae and in the retreat areas.  So much for a retreat area to get away from them and also their splashing in the pool.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So unruly children and crying babies are only with families who book non suite accommodations?  And the access is not free they pay a premium for the pass.

When I read comments like this I am glad celebrity is sticking it to the suite class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Exactly, this is expensive for most people. 

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

On a seven night cruise you aren't getting a MoveUp from non-Retreat to Retreat for $100/pp a day. Based on my experience and the tracker here, a MoveUp from IV or AQ to Sky Suite almost always starts at $1000/pp. The next cruise I am interested in the difference between AQ and Sky Suite is $3673 to $4728 depending on the Cruise Only or All Included fare. Bump that down and bring in your Inside cabin guests to Retreat and the difference is $6002 to $7019 for two. 

I will only say that the number of  Retreat Privilege passengers permitted on any one cruise is extremely limited.   Most Retreat Guest that use this program are not using it for someone in an inside cabin but I guess it is possible.   We have only used it once and was for my BIL/SIL that we were treating to a cruise and booked them in Aqua due to no suites available.  

Their is really no less impact on Retreat had we booked them in the same RS as us, but NEVER would even consider that. 

If the program is advantageous to you,  feel free to see if it is available.  

2 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Regent, SilverSea and Viking have very few kids...and often cheaper pricing than X.

37 minutes ago, truckswain said:

So unruly children and crying babies are only with families who book non suite accommodations?  And the access is not free they pay a premium for the pass.

When I read comments like this I am glad celebrity is sticking it to the suite class.

Wait--you were offended by what one person said so in response you chose to offend everyone else on this thread (Retreat cruisers)?  Whatever happened to 'when they go low, we go high'?  Just sayin'.....

🥂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, truckswain said:

I believe you're missing the point.  Many people who book suites acknowledge they have "unruly children and crying babies" (or grandchildren they love dearly), but they tend to leave them at home and pay extra to enjoy the type of  a vacation where they can escape that for a week or so.  The new policy introduced here can potentially change that, and thus requires re-evaluation of vacation choices.

The bitterness of wanting to "stick it to" people who are willing to spend more money for the type of vacation they prefer comes across really poorly IMO.

• Like 3

At $100/day, that's roughly the price of a premium beverage package, which you're essentially getting by having access to complimentary drinks in the Retreat lounge. So, unless the non-suite stateroom was booked with AI, it's not a crazy price to pay for the Retreat access.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

At $100/day, that's roughly the price of a premium beverage package, which you're essentially getting by having access to complimentary drinks in the Retreat lounge. So, unless the non-suite stateroom was booked with AI, it's not a crazy price to pay for the Retreat access.

I think the price is too low for Retreat access.

Just did a mock booking January, 2025, 7N on Apex in SS for 2 $9824. 

Lets bring son daughter and 2 kiddos!  Cost for Concierge (cruise only) for 2 adults & 2 children $3894 add $1400 to give all 4 access to the Retreat - total cost $5294.  

This certainly is another reason to reconsider booking a suite

• Thanks 1

Not sure why people are so upset about this now.  It is not new, it has been around for quite a while, and also available to all suites.  It is very limited per sailing as well, so the chance that multiple suite guests would be able to purchase passes for people is not very likely.  A good use if traveling with family that is not in a suite - some of the larger suites have adjoining rooms that are non-suites.  If you book the larger suite, then you can book the adjoining room (example on Millennium, book a Royal + adjoining concierge).  If you put some family members in the concierge, then you could buy the pass for the retreat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1