Equivalent of a Red Ribbon bakeshop in Ft Lauderdale ?

Gunther1

I posted this same query on the Florida homeport page a couple days ago and got no response.

i know this is the incorrect page to repost it, but it gets SO much more traffic .  Moderator: I understand if you remove it.

Does anybody know if there is an equivalent of a Red Ribbon bake shop (Filipino bakery) in Ft Lauderdale?  I love to bring a bunch of their small treats on board for the crew…many of them have thanked me for giving them a reminder of home.

thank you in advance. 

Google shows one:

Red Ribbon Bakeshop

In Pinellas Park, FL - 4053 Park Blvd

We are a Filipino bakery selling delicious cakes & pastries. Order ahead online for pick-up and delivery.

Information
4053 Park Blvd,
Pinellas Park, Florida, 33781
(727) 296-0230

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Google shows one:

Red Ribbon Bakeshop

In Pinellas Park, FL - 4053 Park Blvd

We are a Filipino bakery selling delicious cakes & pastries. Order ahead online for pick-up and delivery.

Information

4053 Park Blvd,
Pinellas Park, Florida, 33781
(727) 296-0230

That’s far far away from Ft Lauderdale 

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe you'd be allowed to bring these treats onboard. Unless they are factory sealed.

Normally, you are allowed to bring food ON the ship. It is bringing food OFF the ship that is not allowed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe you'd be allowed to bring these treats onboard. Unless they are factory sealed.

50 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Normally, you are allowed to bring food ON the ship. It is bringing food OFF the ship that is not allowed. 

Hmmmm. Wonder who is right? 

Agree that Ruth is right. In 2018 I was on the (old) Rotterdam. A crew member in the Lido buffet said you  cannot take food off the ship, but you can bring food onboard the ship.

• Like 1

I know recently some lines are starting to crack down on bringing food aboard, that is not factory sealed, especially if being shared with the crew. The sole concern is food safety. Carnival is one of these lines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

I know recently some lines are starting to crack down on bringing food aboard, that is not factory sealed, especially if being shared with the crew. The sole concern is food safety. Carnival is one of these lines. 

Dare I suggest homemade, pot laced brownies and  CBT gummies might be a problem on Carnival ships, and not (yet obvious) on HAL ships?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TakingFlight said:

Are you staying in a hotel the night before your cruise? You could order from Red  Ribbon’s website, have them delivered to your hotel and carry them on the ship when you board.

That’s an idea I hadn’t considered.  I did a fake order , though, on their website and Ft Lauderdale is a bit beyond their delivery area :(. 

• Like 1

I know it’s not exactly what you’re asking for but I took several pounds of both Filipino and Indonesian candy on board when I sailed locally. I also brought goody bags and made up packets during the cruise and randomly delivered them to staff members. ( I’d take about a 8-10 bags at a time.) They 

were quite well received. 

(I still remember one very young man who was diligently shining the stair rail who was so surprised and happy to get one. He yelled up the stairway “God bless you ma’am”.)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I know it’s not exactly what you’re asking for but I took several pounds of both Filipino and Indonesian candy on board when I sailed locally. I also brought goody bags and made up packets during the cruise and randomly delivered them to staff members. ( I’d take about a 8-10 bags at a time.) They 

were quite well received. 

(I still remember one very young man who was diligently shining the stair rail who was so surprised and happy to get one. He yelled up the stairway “God bless you ma’am”.)

Thanks for the idea….what kind do you typically bring ?  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gunther1 said:

Thanks for the idea….what kind do you typically bring ?  

I went to a local Asian grocery store (Ranch 99) and looked for country of origin and bought based on that, as well as some suggestions from colleagues at work. I don’t have a record of what I actually bought.

• Like 3

We were on Rotterdam for 51 days Nov-Dec-Jan 2024 

I brought 2 buckets of Kentucky fried chicken onboard several times during our cruise for favorite crew members (they love KFC!) Also, my favorites in Canelletto (Moko and Anggeta) I brought them Carmel corn. And I found a vendor selling boiled peanuts in ziplocks I got for my DH. I was surprised as I had forgotten to finish my bottle of water and security sent me through. 

• Like 1

Seasick Sailor - My stepfather and I were on the Zuiderdam July-August 2023. We had an overnight in Reykjavik.  Our room steward and his friends were planning to go to KFC. I left him a note in the morning with some Icelandic krona. It's great when there's an overnight and the crew can have some fun ashore. Where were you when you bought the KFC?

• Like 1