World Cruise Segment San Diego to Tahiti aboard Serenity

History&Wine

Rough seas yesterday!  Still rough this morning.  We were told today would be better.  I am in one of the forward solo rooms.  I had to escape to the Cove to be able to focus on my iPad and write this.

Best wishes to those in California dealing with this weather.

Dwight

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

A man just fell outside of Waterside and received a bloody forehead and a cut on his arm.  I think he will be all right but the crew has put him in a wheelchair and are taking him to the medical center.  

Still rocking and rolling here…

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, seasack said:

Ok I figured I try to upload the reflections and the menu for the day. 

Let me know if it worked and if people still want to see them?

441FE4C8-CC2C-4AB5-A0E3-2E9848C674B3.pdf 67.34 kB · 0 downloads 71BE74FC-51C2-4F98-9393-AC6BC0CB1683.pdf 733.38 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, it worked and yes, we want to see them. Thank you  

Patty

• Like 5

4 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Rough seas yesterday!  Still rough this morning.  We were told today would be better.  I am in one of the forward solo rooms.  I had to escape to the Cove to be able to focus on my iPad and write this.

Dwight

Dwght, thank you for this new thread. Glad you went to the Cove, lower and more midship, wise! And such a pleasant place to sit.

4 hours ago, seasack said:

Ok I figured I try to upload the reflections and the menu for the day. 

Let me know if it worked and if people still want to see them?

441FE4C8-CC2C-4AB5-A0E3-2E9848C674B3.pdf 67.34 kB · 33 downloads 71BE74FC-51C2-4F98-9393-AC6BC0CB1683.pdf 733.38 kB · 34 downloads

The part of ryndam will be played by seasack. This is wonderful, and I, for one, love you for it.

Mr B keeps saying, they have beef carpaccio every day. Of course he’s wrong. But yellow fin! That’s even better than octopus!

Another difficult choice for me for the main, but I’ll let Mr B have the cioppino and I’ll have the liver. Maybe I’ll special order the redfish on another night.

Bon voyage, seasack and Dwight et. al.

Edited by May B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's taken me forever to be able to reply to this thread since I forgot my password and had to reset and iPad and phone didn't want to cooperate so had to resort to desktop and gurus in computer center.  Third world problems.  So happy to be back on Crystal.  Lovely rough seas.  Grey Goose slept on sofa last night.  Since Tracie isn't on this cruise I haven't won at trivia but tomorrow is another day.  The passengers and crew keep telling one another how happy we all are to be back.  More later.  Must exercise so I can eat again.  Party for solos tonight.  Julia

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jinn said:

Grey Goose slept on sofa last night.  

Our bottles of Grey Goose, Knobs Creek and the Cabernet spent quite a few bumpy nights together on the sofa! Sending you continued thoughts for calmer seas in your direction. Sail on!

Rob

• Like 2

21 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Dwight

Hi Dwight, wish you a happy voyage!  You're doing yeoman's work!  Carry On!

G

21 hours ago, History&Wine said:

A man just fell outside of Waterside and received a bloody forehead and a cut on his arm.  I think he will be all right but the crew has put him in a wheelchair and are taking him to the medical center.  

Still rocking and rolling here…

Dwight,  How high have you hit  on the Beaufort  scale?

Rough seas continue!  I had to get up several times during the night to reposition glass ware.  When they touched they emitted a sound much like a telephone ringing.  And just now I was knocked against a wall outside my room…not really very hard….and six foot section of the ceiling , electrical wires, etc.  collapsed.  I and the room stewardess escaped without damage.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A quick check of entertainment venues at 9:00 to 9:20 last night:

Dancing in Stardust, moved from Palm Court due to waves:  three women dancing, four dance hosts.

Avenue with Neil playing:  six.

Cove: six.

Billy Joel show cancelled again, don’t know how many attended replacement show of  violinist at 9:30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, History&Wine said:

six foot section of the ceiling , electrical wires, etc.  collapsed.  I and the room stewardess escaped without damage. 

And as a compensation for that harrowing experience, they have moved you to a Sapphire suite for the duration of the world cruise.  (Well, one can always hope...😀)

2 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Billy Joel show cancelled again,

Hope the piano is battened down more than your ceiling.

3 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Rough seas continue!  I had to get up several times during the night to reposition glass ware.  When they touched they emitted a sound much like a telephone ringing.  And just now I was knocked against a wall outside my room…not really very hard….and six foot section of the ceiling , electrical wires, etc.  collapsed.  I and the room stewardess escaped without damage.  

Is there a possibility that they move you to another room? 

Thanks, Keith.  No French fries, yet.  Seas getting a little bit better.  Travel group party tonight then dinner at UU.  I've been waiting for the Black Cod.  I have 2 great cabin attendants and a wonderful butler, Fredrick.  Life is good.  If only Tracie were on this cruise so I could be on her trivia team and win a game!  Julia

• Like 2