Apex pool loungers

brovol

On Apex first week of April with a group of 9, and typically we like hanging in the sun by the pool in the morning through early afternoon.  It looks like there is only the one outside pool, and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how early we will need to get loungers.  We are not "chair hogs".  We don't save chairs; we occupy them, but want to be able to sit together.  With only one outside pool I'm concerned we will have to get out there by 9am.  Is that the case?

Also, it looks from pictures like the only hot tubs are the champagne glass tubs, which are accessible from two decks above the pool.  Seems inconvenient.  Is it?

21 minutes ago, brovol said:

On Apex first week of April with a group of 9, and typically we like hanging in the sun by the pool in the morning through early afternoon.  It looks like there is only the one outside pool, and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how early we will need to get loungers.  We are not "chair hogs".  We don't save chairs; we occupy them, but want to be able to sit together.  With only one outside pool I'm concerned we will have to get out there by 9am.  Is that the case?

Also, it looks from pictures like the only hot tubs are the champagne glass tubs, which are accessible from two decks above the pool.  Seems inconvenient.  Is it?

Sea days and weather you will have to get out there before 9:AM. 

Hot tubs can only be accessed from the deck 16. There's also loungers on deck 16. 

Edited by doghog

Nine chairs together?  I would say on a sea day by 7:30am.  Port days a little later.  Getting 9 chairs together on any cruise pool deck would be difficult unless you are up bright and early!  

We were a group of 14 (12 adults 2 toddlers) on Beyond recently.  I know you said you like to sit together but we sat "nearby" each other, with groups of six, four and four or similar.  That way people could come and go for lunch or a walk or a gold by the inch sale or whatever and there was still a good mass of occupied seats in the smaller groupings.  We will also usually try to get some seats in the shade and some in the sun, which moves around during the day so we can also switch it up.  That said, even in those smaller groupings, I was often on deck before 7:00 a.m. and many chairs were taken... or "reserved".     

We were on Beyond two weeks ago in the Caribbean.  I got up early one morening to make a sunrise picture and get some early monring light images around the ship.  Can anyone say chair hogs?  Good luck getting 9 together before 7am

chairhogs.jpg

• Haha 1

The chair hog thing really ticks me off, because usually the chairs are vacant for 90% of the time.  I may be inclined to do some self justice, and pile a bunch of chair-hogger towels, hats, bags on one chair, so those who are actually present can use those chairs. 

It is what it is I guess.  Every cruise ship has the same issue.  Just got to beat the rush apparently.  Who wants to get up and to the pool by 7am when on vacation though?  I wish there was another outdoor pool on the ship.  Most ships have an aft pool; sometimes for adults only.  Surprised the Apex doesn't.

2 minutes ago, brovol said:

The chair hog thing really ticks me off, because usually the chairs are vacant for 90% of the time.  I may be inclined to do some self justice, and pile a bunch of chair-hogger towels, hats, bags on one chair, so those who are actually present can use those chairs. 

It is what it is I guess.  Every cruise ship has the same issue.  Just got to beat the rush apparently.  Who wants to get up and to the pool by 7am when on vacation though?  I wish there was another outdoor pool on the ship.  Most ships have an aft pool; sometimes for adults only.  Surprised the Apex doesn't.

Are you willing to stand there for 30 minutes (the acceptable time by Celebrity to be away from your stuff) to see if someone returns?  I wouldn't remove anyone's personal belongings. Not worth the potential confrontation.  It wouldn't matter how many pools. I walk the track every morning staring at 6:AM for 1.5 hours. I always get a birds eye view of the early morning chair hogs marking their territory. Funny in a  pathetic way. No matter the class of ship or the age of the passengers. 

• Haha 1

can you rent a cabana..and take turns?

The outdoor pool on Ascent was packed..all days....with loud music,  and games.. The blaring microphones of the  Activity staff was the worst and  we stayed away!    No quiet time even early a.m.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

can you rent a cabana..and take turns?

The outdoor pool on Ascent was packed..all days....with loud music,  and games.. The blaring microphones of the  Activity staff was the worst and  we stayed away!    No quiet time even early a.m.

That's what I'd recommend, get a cabana and take turns between 4-5 loungers and the cabana.  Or two cabanas and "sneak" the 9th person into one of them.  You get a bottle of booze, 6 beers, 4 waters and lunch per cabana.

2 hours ago, brovol said:

There is  a adult pool in the Solarium. .

On 2/7/2024 at 9:55 AM, brovol said:

If my husband and I get to the pool and see chairs covered in towels (not bags or personal items),  and with no one sitting in them, we just throw them down and take the chairs. We got tired of looking at empty chairs all day until the hoarders decide to wake up and come down. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

There is  a adult pool in the Solarium. .

Sometimes this is  a  great alt . but not for a large group.and is only filtered sun at best.

If you get there early,   it is wonderful! Lucked out a few times on ASCENT, perfect water temp, spa music ...but as more flee from the outdoor pool..(too loud,  too sunny, too crowded);  the Solarium pool fills to  its limited capacity, A din develops in the area. 

Then AQ folks can move to the thermal suites....and other places.