YC suite with shower, no tub?

MeganSmiles

I can’t seem to see on the MSC website how to choose a suite for my parents that has a walk in shower & not a tub. After my mom fell on the NCL Gem in their suite tub, it’s not an option anymore.

The diagrams don’t show much & all the descriptions say ‘tub or shower.’ I would just like to choose the right suite. Any info on the best deck ( I’m planning on booking a Club Deluxe Suite) & in looking at the deck plans, the rooms seem to be close to all the YC perks like the lounge & restaurant.

They have only cruised with NCL on the Gem & Breakaway in the Haven both times, but that experience wasn’t great on the Breakaway. I’m hoping this line will be better for them.

All help & your experience is greatly appreciated. My parents are in their 60’s & my mom doesn’t walk that great. She will likely walk around the ship some days, but I think from the pictures, all she will need is close by. That was a plus choosing this line.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, MeganSmiles said:

I can’t seem to see on the MSC website how to choose a suite for my parents that has a walk in shower & not a tub. After my mom fell on the NCL Gem in their suite tub, it’s not an option anymore.

The diagrams don’t show much & all the descriptions say ‘tub or shower.’ I would just like to choose the right suite. Any info on the best deck ( I’m planning on booking a Club Deluxe Suite) & in looking at the deck plans, the rooms seem to be close to all the YC perks like the lounge & restaurant.

They have only cruised with NCL on the Gem & Breakaway in the Haven both times, but that experience wasn’t great on the Breakaway. I’m hoping this line will be better for them.

All help & your experience is greatly appreciated. My parents are in their 60’s & my mom doesn’t walk that great. She will likely walk around the ship some days, but I think from the pictures, all she will need is close by. That was a plus choosing this line.

Thank you.

meraviglia and younger ships have no tubs in the suites, only maisonettecabins with two BR have one bathtub in the upper bathroom and a normal shower with flat tub in the lower bathroom.

think the owner suites or royalsuites could have maybe tubs.....

20 minutes ago, Mezqal said:

meraviglia and younger ships have no tubs in the suites, only maisonettecabins with two BR have one bathtub in the upper bathroom and a normal shower with flat tub in the lower bathroom.

think the owner suites or royalsuites could have maybe tubs.....

Meraviglia doesn't have an Owner's Suite but the Royal Suite does have a separate tub in addition to a shower. 

On 2/11/2024 at 12:11 AM, Essiesmom said:

I’ve been trolling through cabin pics on cruisedeckplans and have yet to find a YC cabin with a tub. EM

I had a tub in YC on the Divina

8 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Meraviglia doesn't have an Owner's Suite but the Royal Suite does have a separate tub in addition to a shower. 

i know, i wrote not only about Mera, "and younger ships...." includes World Europa 😉

On 2/11/2024 at 12:11 AM, Essiesmom said:

I’ve been trolling through cabin pics on cruisedeckplans and have yet to find a YC cabin with a tub. EM

currently in a YC1 on MSC Divina and we have the shower/tub combo

IMG_0316.thumb.jpeg.c6b530799874a3665eaf5562e3dfd3c4.jpeg

I love Divina but hate those YC shower tub combos. 

In order to turn the water on, you have to step fully in the tub and usually get hit with cold water!

And there are no effective grab bars, so in high seas it is a bit iffy. 

Edited by TrinaLC
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, jcpc said:

I’m currently on Meraviglia.  All of the Deluxe Suites on Decks 14-18 have a walk in shower.  In my opinion Deck 18 is best location!

Meravigila Deluxe Suites are all walk-in without doors even and rainfall showerhead with an additional handheld showerhead though both cannot be on at the same time. There are no tubs.

The inside YC cabins have smaller showers with glass doors and no rainfall showerheads. 

I don't know about the two larger suites, I have not stayed there. 

I disagree Deck 16 is best as you can walk out of the Top Sail Lounge right into the hallway to your cabin instead of out the main door past the Concierge. 

3 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

Meravigila Deluxe Suites are all walk-in without doors even and rainfall showerhead with an additional handheld showerhead though both cannot be on at the same time.

If you fiddle with it just right, you can get both to flow at the same time...ours was probably defective. 😁

• Haha 1

When we sail Fantasia Class on MSC - Divina for example, we book executive suite to be able to have a walk in shower. Other choice would be the Handicapped accessible cabin. Royal Suite on that ship has tub/ shower combo and no hot tub on balcony. On Meraviglia, no issues in YC DS or RS😁

Looking at Seashore now for either RS or OS. We may do B2B with RS one week and OS second week , (for research, of course)
Took extended family on Disney cruise and we all concluded it was over promised and under delivered on the Concierge experience.

Next extended family cruise is booked on NCL Haven. Will be interesting to see their reaction to NCL product.

Life is short , happy cruising.