Concierge lunch is it worth it?

sunsetme

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I thought priority boarding had finished.

I just got off a Princess cruise last Thursday we boarded at 11 am within a half hour were at the buffet only a small section was open. Nothing appealed to me so had a bowl of soup. No tables left so sat with others who didn't speak much English.  Finally went to International Cafe and had a sandwich and thats where we had lunch for the remainder of the cruise. 

On 2/13/2024 at 9:38 PM, kwokpot said:

It's not about the food or the choices but all about starting your cruise in a more relaxed environment than the hectic buffet. The food itself is what's normally served at lunchtime in the main MDR; grilled salmon, pasta, cheeseburger. If you can't make it no big deal. It's not like there's anything unusual or only served at that meal. 

Sorry you had a bad experience. I've had concierge lunch a handful of times and experience always better than crappy flavorless buffet food that's been put on someone's plate then returned to the serving tray. I've seen it all -- no thanks. 

We did the concierge lunch on the Reflection Med sailing September 30th. Choices were limited and chicken breast was so overcooked it was hard. Waiter incorrectly told my cousin that couscous was gluten-free. She was diagnosed with celiac disease over 30 years ago so she knew better, but that could have been awful for someone recently diagnosed who wasn’t familiar with couscous. Having said that, the maitre’d checked on our table at lunch and made sure she received a copy of the next night’s dinner menu every night so she could select her meal for the following night and could adjust the sides or preparation to avoid gluten. He also booked Murano for us at a decent time and day even though it appeared that 5:30 or 9:00 were the only times still available. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Kwokpot has summed it up.

On Eclipse last month the salmon was quite nice.

We had a 12:30 checkin but received an email a few days ahead to come anytime after 11, so we were onboard prior to the lunch opening which was ideal.

Did the e mail give the reason for the earlier time?   Usually the first time slot for E Class..no idea abt others..we will be on Silhouette next.

Can anyone post menu?. My spouse likes a well cooked  burger abd I prefer soup and salad.  Not a big deal but would be nice to avoid the buffet.

Travelled on Edge with a group of 6 last March and 2 of the couples (not us) booked Concierge and went to this lunch.  They said food was ok but they were in there for 2 hours trying to order and get served.

We traveled again with this group on Equinox and 3 of the couples had concierge (including us) and did NOT go to the Concierge lunch (live and learn)

Edited by Cruise till you drop

40 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

The last two Reflection cruises I took, there was complementary bubbly at the Concierge luncheon.  

Here we go with different ships doing different things.