Concierge lunch is it worth it?

sunsetme

I would make a point to make it bc it’s the only place to get a sit down meal outside of retreat or paying a specialty up charge. If you have a later check in time, show up early. Worst case, they will ask you to wait for your assigned time. For Florida departures there has never, in my experience in the last 2 years, been a wait. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

What do you like about it? Not sure if we can make it.

It's not about the food or the choices but all about starting your cruise in a more relaxed environment than the hectic buffet. The food itself is what's normally served at lunchtime in the main MDR; grilled salmon, pasta, cheeseburger. If you can't make it no big deal. It's not like there's anything unusual or only served at that meal. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

It's not about the food or the choices but all about starting your cruise in a more relaxed environment than the hectic buffet. The food itself is what's normally served at lunchtime in the main MDR; grilled salmon, pasta, cheeseburger. If you can't make it no big deal. It's not like there's anything unusual or only served at that meal. 

Agree. 

The quiet space away from hectic embarkation is very nice. 

• Like 1

Since the sell only a limited amount of those I can’t see it making much of a difference. That lunch is already opened to back to back passengers in anddition to Concierge passengers and often there are many, many of those.

11 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Really?  How so?  Bad taste, service, lack of choice?  Just wondering. 

I enjoy the concierge lunch as I'm not a buffet person. Nice and relaxed and they make great beef short ribs it always seems to be on the menu. 

• Like 2

We like the Concierge lunch, although our expectations of the food are meh.  It's nice to sit and be served with a nice glass of wine while avoiding the buffet.  I wonder how crowded it will get with Concierge, B2B and Premium Pass holders now joining us.  

• Like 1

Kwokpot has summed it up.

On Eclipse last month the salmon was quite nice.

We had a 12:30 checkin but received an email a few days ahead to come anytime after 11, so we were onboard prior to the lunch opening which was ideal.

We are not big eaters at lunch and have dinner after 8, so the limited menu and timing is a no go for us.  
On embarkation day we go to the buffet around 1:30-2, the cabins are open and the crowds are gone.  We make a small salad and split a sandwich, add a glass and we are good until dinner.

We try to make the Concierge lunch. It’s much less hectic than navigating the buffet.  Depending on how crazy port embarkation is, it can be nice to sit and chill. And if necessary, drink. The menu is limited, though, and is, imo, more of a dinner than a lunch with the choices offered.

Just a different point of view, we almost always prefer to find a nice shore-side restaurant. Better food, more relaxed atmosphere. The lunch may be a perk, but that's not why I book that category of cabin.

• Like 1

As concierge or elite plus, we get to board as one of the first people on.  We go right to the buffet, get a great seat, and just chill out until our cabin is ready.  The crowds do not bother us.  We have our perfect location, have a seat, and, although hectic, it is not ridiculous as many have suggested.  We want to get the feel of being on a cruise, and sitting outside the Oceanview Café overlooking the pier is way better for us than an enclosed dining room.  And the food is really nothing to write home about at the concierge lunch, and the selections are limited.  So, to each their own, but we prefer the Oceanview, even with the crowds.  We get the feel that we are on a cruise.  And, yes, we have done the concierge lunch twice.  The first time was not very good for us, but we said let's give it another try.  So, we did, and for the rest of our 35 or so cruises, we have gone directory to the Oceanview Café.  

• Haha 1