Internet Princess

artvlay

Guest Snaxmuppet

I looked at the title of this thread and thought... what... another new Princess ship... strange name - Internet Princess!

Just my weird mind... please ignore 🙂 

33 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I looked at the title of this thread and thought... what... another new Princess ship... strange name - Internet Princess!

Yes…it’s called

”Super Starlink Princess”  👑 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, artvlay said:

Can you buy individual days of internet? If so, what is the price ? I may need to buy a couple of days only and don't want to buy a package.

Thank you 

Yes, you can as others have said.

$30 a 24 hour period.  You may be able to buy it in the App, once OB.  If not, Internet Cafe.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

You are not alone on that. I thought maybe a virtual reality cruise ship? 

7 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

Does Enchanted Princess have desktops that can be used when you have the internet package?

Yes, there is a small library internet cafe off of the piazza.

It does have computers for you to use.

Here’s a picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.37caba5bfaf700241601db2e1bed2b9f.jpeg

Edited by PacnGoNow

Where can I purchase a WiFi package pre-cruise? We want to purchase the package a la carte as the Plus/Premier packages don't work for us. I can't seem to find it in my account on the Princess website and the FAQs don't seem to work which just keeps going back the main FAQ page so can't seem to get any info there.  And yes, I realize that the WiFi is now $24.99/day. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BarbaraEH said:

Where can I purchase a WiFi package pre-cruise? We want to purchase the package a la carte as the Plus/Premier packages don't work for us. I can't seem to find it in my account on the Princess website and the FAQs don't seem to work which just keeps going back the main FAQ page so can't seem to get any info there.  And yes, I realize that the WiFi is now $24.99/day. Thanks!

Have you downloaded the new Princess app? You can pre-purchase the WiFi there. It’s one of the options if you scroll through the main page. The web site isn’t much use these days except for excursion purchases - they seem to be shifting everything useful to the app. Once you download it, the login should be the same as you use on the website. 

5 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Have you downloaded the new Princess app? You can pre-purchase the WiFi there. It’s one of the options if you scroll through the main page. The web site isn’t much use these days except for excursion purchases - they seem to be shifting everything useful to the app. Once you download it, the login should be the same as you use on the website. 

I've downloaded the app but we don't like to enter credit card numbers or other personal info on our phones. May have to break down and do it though. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 4:06 PM, artvlay said:

...I may need to buy a couple of days only and don't want to buy a package.

If this is all you need, then check your phone plan. With our T-Mobile, we have included international service and on port days, check our messages and if necessary, make calls. 

Given today's technology, unless someone owns a business and needs to stay in touch constantly, Princess's WiFi prices are absurd.  Don't forget to go to airplane mode when re-boarding!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

If this is all you need, then check your phone plan. With our T-Mobile, we have included international service and on port days, check our messages and if necessary, make calls. 

Given today's technology, unless someone owns a business and needs to stay in touch constantly, Princess's WiFi prices are absurd.  Don't forget to go to airplane mode when re-boarding!

Tried that. We did a transatlantic crossing with Celebrity last fall and used Verizon's TravelPass for when we were on land and the monthly international plan that is supposed to work on cruise ships. We were able to text only. Couldn't make phone calls or get on the internet or check emails. I don't know if we did something wrong but we were disappointed. This time we thought we would get a single device plan with Princess and also try again with the Verizon plans on one of our phones and see if we can get those to work. We love technology, right??!! 

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

T Mobile is all we need in the Caribbean. Purchasing Wi-Fi on the ship becomes unnecessary as we can wait a day until we reach the next port. 

On 2/18/2024 at 8:51 PM, phoenixx said:

You can buy internet for 24 hours. Easiest in the app once on board.

Each day on board, the medallion wifi page will show you a declining cost to purchase Wi-Fi for the remaining days of a given cruise.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 2:09 PM, MissP22 said:

T Mobile is all we need in the Caribbean. Purchasing Wi-Fi on the ship becomes unnecessary as we can wait a day until we reach the next port. 

I agree, we've also always depended on being able to have access when in port except that it didn't work as expected in Europe even when in port. Plus, the cruise last fall was a transatlantic cruise with six days at sea for the crossing plus three additional days at sea between ports. There must be something we messed up so we're trying to figure that out. The folks at the Verizon store weren't any help and the customer service reps were even less help. Maybe we can get it together on our upcoming British Isles cruise...

On 2/22/2024 at 11:31 AM, karatemom2 said:

Found it....thanks!

• Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 11:48 AM, mtnesterz said:

Thank you for your great information, it is very helpful.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:14 AM, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

But note...the use of the computers requires that you have an internet package.  It's not "free" like at a local public library.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 11:21 AM, BarbaraEH said:

There is no need to book it pre-cruise.  You can do it using the App once on board.  If you have any OBC, it can help pay for cost of internet plan.  

On 2/22/2024 at 11:38 AM, BarbaraEH said:

I've downloaded the app but we don't like to enter credit card numbers or other personal info on our phones. May have to break down and do it though. Thanks!

You have already given Princess your credit card in order to book a voyage. 

• Thanks 1