Wandering on Wonder Week 2/25/24

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Interesting....though it is still not on Wonder, as the one OP on the subject  incorrectly stated that it was in affect already on this ship, which is not true.  

I'll wait until RC officially releases the additional dining option and I see it listed when I do our bookings. It also might be specific to the class of ships and not fleetwide (?). My Magic 8 Ball won't even answer me on this one. 🤣 

What's happening today with you and Bucky? 

3 hours ago, doghog said:

I'll wait until RC officially releases the additional dining option and I see it listed when I do our bookings. It also might be specific to the class of ships and not fleetwide (?). My Magic 8 Ball won't even answer me on this one. 🤣 

What's happening today with you and Bucky? 

Wander around Wonder today...Bucky found a friend from "the hood".  😉   

20240229_092718.jpg

• Like 8

Still a lot of construction going on here in Roatan cruise port.  Will be interesting to see how far that have progressed when we are back again here on Enchantment later this year.  🙂 

20240229_092350.jpg

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

Still a lot of construction going on here in Roatan cruise port.  Will be interesting to see how far that have progressed when we are back again here on Enchantment later this year.  🙂 

20240229_092350.jpg

That is a tremendous amount of progress since we were there last year. Last year the only buildings that were. There were the brown roofed building and the blue building on the right. The red roofed building, and everything to the left of the little sheds is new.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, orville99 said:

That is a tremendous amount of progress since we were there last year. Last year the only buildings that were. There were the brown roofed building and the blue building on the right. The red roofed building, and everything to the left of the little sheds is new.

We as well.  Was here last in November.  Quite a bit of progress...but still a large project to undertake.  Seems around 60-70 "worker bees" each time we have been here.  

Interesting walk in shallow end of the long pool with little tables in the water and a water logged bar area (not swim up...but still feet in the water).  To the far side, a set of covered areas that may be more bars and or cafes.    And of course more shopping plazas.  😉 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, island lady said:

20240229_092350.jpg

holy cow, we were just there in late January and it looked nothing like that! It was all mud…they’re done a lot in a month!

• Like 2

Welcome to Costa Maya.  As usual a bit earlier on the arrival with gangway open at 7:30...and wow were the pax anxious to get down there!  Yikes ...massive march to deck 2.  Then all aboard at 2:30 due to long haul back to PC.

We will once again visit the birds at the aviary.  Love the open air individual sections with free flying tropical birds.  Rope walkways that connect them all from above the port area.  

Received yet another milestone crystal block and gave it to our sweet Grace the hostess in CK...she was very happy to get it.  🥰

Did not go to the show last night...my bed and my book were calling me.  😉 

20240301_080453.jpg

20240301_080513.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, I sm very late to this party. Found the thread by accident this morning. Sounds like you are having a very good week!

Yes, we are enjoying being back on the Wonder.  And was elated to find Grace is still in CK as hostess!  🙂 

A little fill in until we rejoin Serenade in Barcelona this July.  Plus doing a quick stint on Allure in May.  

• Like 1

We always love this man that plays the Harp on the pier as you walk to the port area.  Has been doing that for years.  He is very good.  🙂 

And of course always add to the tip jar when we pass.  😉  Getting on the rope walkways between the bird enclosures is always interesting.  And the last set goes over the Dolphin enclosure.  

20240301_094347.jpg

20240301_095342.jpg

20240301_101451 (1).jpg

20240301_101528.jpg

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

First set of birds...a lot of variety.  Loved the yellow pheasant, and the cute Java Sparrows.  Toucan Sam made an appearance.  Black bellied Whistling duck, and then saw his mate that was giving me the eye.  😉 

"Hey, that's my boyfriend lady!!"  

20240301_095558.jpg

20240301_095917.jpg

20240301_095948.jpg

20240301_100131.jpg

20240301_100434.jpg

20240301_100442.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 14

Next enclosure had a lot of colorful small parrots.  One seemed to lose it's head!!  😮   

Oh...no...she's back again.  😄  

The Love Birds...were being very lovey!  

20240301_100309.jpg

20240301_100333.jpg

20240301_101648.jpg

20240301_101110.jpg

20240301_101246.jpg

• Like 14

We were there two weeks ago and did the aviary for the first time. We loved it and intend to do it again.  The bridges were fun, but required a lot of concentration. At our ages (71 and 75), those bridges are the closest we will ever get to doing a ropes course. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We were there two weeks ago and did the aviary for the first time. We loved it and intend to do it again.  The bridges were fun, but required a lot of concentration. At our ages (71 and 75), those bridges are the closest we will ever get to doing a ropes course. 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  The first time I tried the walk, I scolded Bucky for "Shaking" the walkway behind me.  I mean .....I was not happy!  Now he waits until I am a good distance ahead  before stepping out behind me.  Though now I am totally used to it and comfortable with it.  

But I won't tell him that.  😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, nicknack said:

In case anyone is interested, the flock of yellow green orange parrots with yellow green wings are Sun Conures.

Thanks...I forgot to check out the names on the boards.  🙂   I guess I just gushed with love to see them too fast to find their names.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The birds are beautiful.

Yes..they are indeed.  Just something about birds.  We always miss our show at home sitting there in our Florida room with a glass of wine...watching our always busy bird feeder.  Much better than sitting in the living room watching the depressing news on TV.  😄 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes..they are indeed.  Just something about birds.  We always miss our show at home sitting there in our Florida room with a glass of wine...watching our always busy bird feeder.  Much better than sitting in the living room watching the depressing news on TV.  😄 

So true 💯

🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We did the aviary for the first time in Jan.  My knee doesn't love the rope bridge but the bigger issue is the people that stop on the bridge and hang out/take multiple selfies.  I need to be able to hold onto both sides when I cross.  And, it doesn't help when kids jump on the bridge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

We did the aviary for the first time in Jan.  My knee doesn't love the rope bridge but the bigger issue is the people that stop on the bridge and hang out/take multiple selfies.  I need to be able to hold onto both sides when I cross.  And, it doesn't help when kids jump on the bridge.

Ugggh...totally agree.  Though we never had that problem today, I think I would have a tough time not giving the parents grief for letting the kids do that.  Not safe.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ugggh...totally agree.  Though we never had that problem today, I think I would have a tough time not giving the parents grief for letting the kids do that.  Not safe.  

I did make a comment loud enough for everyone to hear that it really hurt my knee to deal with a bouncing bridge.  A lot of those parents will deal with the same issues when they get older (happens faster than they think).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BND said:

I did make a comment loud enough for everyone to hear that it really hurt my knee to deal with a bouncing bridge.  A lot of those parents will deal with the same issues when they get older (happens faster than they think).

Agree.  So many parents I see on cruise ships...are not really being parents.  They just let their "darling children" run wild and ignore them.  Real shame.  And then they don't learn how to be responsible parents when they get older.  😞  

• Like 4