changing names on a cruise two weeks out

When is your cruise?

How many people on the reservation?

Are you trying to change one name?

Or everyone on the reservation?

If very soon and everyone on the reservation,  I would call my TA and explain the situation.  Also email executive office if told no.

Thank you, very good advice, my cruise is March 23rd, two people, and I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do. I will lose the money if I can't go. It is what it is. I'm fortunate that This won't break the bank. My daughter is about to file for divorce, he doesn't know. this is due to an increasing volatile situation, no fists yet but probably inevitable if she stays. She just told me that this has been going on for a year and a half...if she told me 3 months ago I wouldn't be out this money. But I have a 5 year old granddaughter that is "afraid" of her father and the lawyers have advised my daughter NOT to leave the family home because if she does she could lose custody. Pretty bad advice if you ask me...in any case, he seems to be able to control his temper when other people are around SO as soon as she tells him I will be moving in because we don't know how he is going to take it. I recently retired and this is my life, UGH

Sorry you are experiencing this stressful situation.  Hope Celeb will be compassionate.  Some resorts will allow you to change one person out for a fee.    money lost is hard, but being there for family in time of crisis is worth every penny given up.   your daughter and granddaughter are lucky to have you

• Like 2

bad situation but safety comes first.

hope dtr seeks support for self and her dtr from a dom violence agency if attys say ok..

Maybe Trvl agnt can postpone cruise dates?,

I will make sure to check with Celebrity, I'm prepared to lose the money. I would be worried the whole trip. And I am looking at my half packed suitcase now!! I hope this is resolved soon, and I can plan to go away. Thanks for the support! 

You never know when people will feel compassionate and allow a change.  I’d try to cancel with a refund or see if you can move the cruise (if they will do it I’d go o a year plus out under the circumstances.)  A divorce with a child involved could very easily take that long to resolve.  What a great mom!  We sacrifice a lot but someday you can go on your cruise and relax knowing you helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I ended up emailing the executive offices and here is what they told me to do. They said, cancel the cruise, file a claim with Travel Guard, they will deny it, and once I get the denial Celebrity will see if they can do anything for me. So that is what I will do and I will let you know the outcome...thanks for everything!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildescapade said:

....once I get the denial Celebrity will see if they can do anything for me.

Hmmmm....man, that sounds really vague.  I *hope* everything turns out OK for you (on *all* fronts.)

Yet another example of where Virgin Voyages is far superior than pretty much every cruise line.  VV lets you change any and everyone in a booking, you can literally sell your entire cruise booking to complete strangers.