Sun Princess

2 minutes ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

I saw that the Santorini stop is no longer happening, is this just for the one cruise or indefinitely? 

Captain said it was because they were still finalising the shoreside tendering operation so hopefully just for the current cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

I saw that the Santorini stop is no longer happening, is this just for the one cruise or indefinitely? 

They are working on the funicular in Santorini. The work is scheduled to be finished 3/15.

Edited by Globaler
  • Thanks 1

Last night (1st sea day) was formal. A lot more people got dressed up than I expected. Quite a few men in suits, but this is a med sailing during school so the crowd is fairly old, to be kind.

The MDR had beef tenderloin with a couple of smallish shrimps on top. It was good for the MDR. My expectations were not high.

we enjoyed the uncrowded thermal suite after dinner before retiring early for a busy start in Sicily.

I noticed yesterday there were some kids enjoying the fun of the indoor/outdoor dome pool. They proceeded to shout “ring around rosey” over and over and here’s the good thing, the acoustics in the dome are impressive as every sound from the pool is amplified. A lot of adults trying to relax on the padded dome loungers were not impressed, nor were we trying to play cards at the tables up top. I feel kids will be playing in the dome pool often given that the other pools are boring. To my earlier point, I don’t think some things were well thought out. They could/should make the dome adults only including the pool area outside of the dome. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Esprit said:

Interesting to see tablecloths only on decks 6 and 7 in the MDR. We won't therefore go dining on Deck 8 in the evenings. Too casual for the wife!

Deck 8 is a casual venue that has a set menu each day.  It's also open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the menu covers all 3, so if you want waffles or an omelette for dinner, no problem. Deck 6 is dinner at 500 and 730, while deck 7 is MTD with both reservations as well as walk in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

J&J just posted an hour long tour of the ship. The loungers next to the pool at the sanctuary now are setup with nice cushions. 

That is not new and it is a small number of loungers.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

No such thing on Princess.  Did you mean BC - a regular Balcony with sub-category C?

The Sun Princess has different cabin categories than other ships. CB is a Cabana Mini Suite and category BC doesn’t exist on Sun Princess. Balcony cabins now begin with a D.IMG_6673.thumb.png.d29dabdfc758b185500fdcbb3ba323a2.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Deck 8 is a casual venue that has a set menu each day.  It's also open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the menu covers all 3, so if you want waffles or an omelette for dinner, no problem. Deck 6 is dinner at 500 and 730, while deck 7 is MTD with both reservations as well as walk in.

I hope for our August cruise they make the second sitting 8.15 pm, as 7.30 pm is a bit too early for us during the long summer days.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is new. This video from the first sailing gives a full look at the Sanctuary and there are no

padded loungers around the pool like there are now, just the sunbeds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

It is new. This video from the first sailing gives a full look at the Sanctuary and there are no

But this and the JJ Cruise video do not include the main Sanctuary where the very basic loungers were provided and raised concerns. The pool didn't have these either.

image.thumb.png.f6ca48c90bda79a4e30fbc0a999103df.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I know it’s not new. Just showing the pic because, you know, not everything has to be so negative. There are SOME very nice loungers, incudungbthe double ones. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dides said:

But this and the JJ Cruise video do not include the main Sanctuary where the very basic loungers were provided and raised concerns. The pool didn't have these either.

image.thumb.png.f6ca48c90bda79a4e30fbc0a999103df.png

That wasn’t my point. I don’t know what’s happening with that section of loungers. All I know is that there has been a change with the loungers near the pool. Hopefully that means more padded loungers to come throughout the area.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

That wasn’t my point. I don’t know what’s happening with that section of loungers. All I know is that there has been a change with the loungers near the pool. Hopefully that means more padded loungers to come throughout the area.

Let's hope Steve (CanadianBurger) can confirm all the details for us! We don't even know for sure if you still get to pick specific loungers.  

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cdude said:

I noticed yesterday there were some kids enjoying the fun of the indoor/outdoor dome pool. They proceeded to shout “ring around rosey” over and over and here’s the good thing, the acoustics in the dome are impressive as every sound from the pool is amplified. A lot of adults trying to relax on the padded dome loungers were not impressed, nor were we trying to play cards at the tables up top. I feel kids will be playing in the dome pool often given that the other pools are boring. To my earlier point, I don’t think some things were well thought out. They could/should make the dome adults only including the pool area outside of the dome. 

That's one good reason to book when schools are in session, 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dides said:

Let's hope Steve (CanadianBurger) can confirm all the details for us! We don't even know for sure if you still get to pick specific loungers.  

Cruise Critic is onboard now and I asked them these questions about the Sanctuary. Hopefully they can get some answers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lots of detail about the Fitness Center facilities and the Wellness Studio on this video.  No mention of showers though which I remember having to take pictures of on the Sky inaugural!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

The Sun Princess has different cabin categories than other ships. CB is a Cabana Mini Suite and category BC doesn’t exist on Sun Princess. Balcony cabins now begin with a D.

Well, there is a DOH! moment for me.  Thanks for the clarification.  "I knew that".  (Just asked if my post can be deleted).

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

For me, I can see a row of the white plastic hard chairs on either side of the pool with padded loungers in the back, behind them.  Around 2:31-2:33 and 2:39, can see other side and there are padded loungers.  Appear to be doubles on the one side at least. 

The other video shows the hard plastic chairs nearest the pool on one side only.  I'd say it's a rearrangement of furniture.  No doubt some guests where asking for a re-arrangement and wanted to be near the pool in a soft lounger versus the stylistic hard ones.

3 hours ago, dides said:

Yes.

3 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

As I stated, I think it is a re-arrangement of the furniture.

3 hours ago, dides said:

Let's hope Steve ( @CanadianBurger) can confirm all the details for us! We don't even know for sure if you still get to pick specific loungers.  

Yes, it would be nice to get it clear from someone who has spoken with the Sanctuary manager.

Not sure if best to post hereor start a new thread. Excited to be on Sun in Jan 25. Have the 'old' and 'new' apps on phone and specialty dining does not seem available yet to book. Not anal about booking so early but have been on X cruises in a suite where things are sold out many months in advance. Any heads up on when the specialty dining should be available? Would Signature class offer any advantages regarding availability. Appreciate any thoughts from the Pricess experts.

2 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

Not sure if best to post hereor start a new thread. Excited to be on Sun in Jan 25. Have the 'old' and 'new' apps on phone and specialty dining does not seem available yet to book. Not anal about booking so early but have been on X cruises in a suite where things are sold out many months in advance. Any heads up on when the specialty dining should be available? Would Signature class offer any advantages regarding availability. Appreciate any thoughts from the Pricess experts.

Others can surely add more than me (sailing 6/8) but I have been told that dining has been opened to those sailing by 5/31. I check daily!

2 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

im on that same cruise. From previous cruises in suites, and people can correct me if Im wrong, some have to wait for final payment in order to book specialty dining, we can book as soon as they open it. I have cruises booked later on the sky and have been able to reserve already but as the Sun is new, they are opening up reservations , little by little. 

As well, suite guests get a specialty dining included for embarkation night. The advantage Ive had is when I had issues finding a reservation, the concierge helped me out. He got me dining and sanctuary reservations, when I couldn't do it on my own.

7 hours ago, Cdude said:

No breakfast on deck 7 or 8 in port today. They pour your syrup and ketchup in a rather covid-era practice.

IMG_2465.jpeg

Is that the full menu can we order cereal or fruit off menu