Navigator app

My (android) phone and tablet downloaded the newest version yesterday.  I hope it's still a work in progress as it's very slow and can no longer view any menus.  Hard to believe it could be worse than the previous version,  but HAL IT somehow accomplished that. I deleted all my data and cache, deleted and reinstalled the app, still horrible.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Riversedge said:

It’s working on my iPad and it seems faster.  I hope I’m not dreaming that. 

It seems much faster to me as well on both my iPad and android phone.

Follow-up to my previous post,  installed the app again and it is working fine. Frustration this morning with the update was just a good reminder to bring paper copies of boarding pass etc, as a backup to the app for my next cruise!

• Like 1

Mine updated last week. (Android, current, Pixel Pro) and it was a pig. I did a force stop and cleared both the cache and data storage.

The database rebuild took a when, but it is running smoothly now.

And unfortunately, HAL wants you to run your cruise off their non-functioning app. They no longer have the machine that prints out your statement. You are supposed to get this thru the app, which you can't do if the app doesn't work . 

• 4 months later...

Has anyone encountered this recently?

Phone is Android 10.  I've had the app for years.  I board in 48 hours, so tried to open the app to see if my boarding pass was showing. 

Couldn't open the app at all!  Click on it, just get a blank (white) screen. 

Well, I haven't sailed in 6 months so figured I might need an update.  Went to Play Store, brought up app and received the following error message:  "This app won't work for your device".

Sent an email to Navigator support, haven't heard back yet.

So, again, has anyone encountered this?

TIA

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Roz said:

@AV8rix, yes, several of us have run into this problem. The solution is to buy a new phone.  Sorry....

Yeah, thanks.  But it won't install on my Windows 11 laptop either. 

Does ANYONE know if there is a published list of devices/OS that are compatible with this miserable app?

TIA

Edited by AV8rix

Updated in Playstore 10 hours ago and Navigator works fine and shows boarding pass. Using Android 12 on my mobile phone......    Maybe it helps cleaning the cache, updating the app and restarting your phone? Good luck!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, AV8rix said:

Has anyone encountered this recently?

Phone is Android 10.  I've had the app for years.  I board in 48 hours, so tried to open the app to see if my boarding pass was showing. 

Couldn't open the app at all!  Click on it, just get a blank (white) screen. 

Well, I haven't sailed in 6 months so figured I might need an update.  Went to Play Store, brought up app and received the following error message:  "This app won't work for your device".

Sent an email to Navigator support, haven't heard back yet.

So, again, has anyone encountered this?

TIA

For that version of Android, you would need to install a previous version of the Navigator App. Clearing cache, cookies and history will not help.

Edited by Haljo1935
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

For that version of Android, you would need to install a previous version of the Navigator App. Clearing cache, cookies and history will not help.

Thanks, Elizabeth.  Yeah, I had a "previous" version on (worked for my last cruises -- Nov thru Jan of this year) but it doesn't work now.  Don't think I want to invest in a new phone JUST for that app.  OK, it's a relatively old OS but everything else works.

BTW, do you happen to know how to obtain a previous version?  TIA. 

BTW, still haven't had a reply from Navigator support.  Doesn't surprise me.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Thanks, Elizabeth.  Yeah, I had a "previous" version on (worked for my last cruises -- Nov thru Jan of this year) but it doesn't work now.  Don't think I want to invest in a new phone JUST for that app.  OK, it's a relatively old OS but everything else works.

I don't imagine you will hear back from Navigator Support, but if you do, my next stop would be the lottery ticket counter, lol.

I can dig up my old list to install a previous version or you could probably find it doing a search as I've posted the links a couple times. I finally caved and got a new phone, so I no longer need the list myself.

My old one was also Android 10.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I don't imagine you will hear back from Navigator Support, but if you do, my next stop would be the lottery ticket counter, lol.

I can dig up my old list to install a previous version or you could probably find it doing a search as I've posted the links a couple times. I finally caved and got a new phone, so I no longer need the list myself.

My old one was also Android 10.

Thanks again.  If you've posted those links previously, I can probably find them by doing a search on "Navigator" keyword.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

While you may not want a new phone just for the Navigator app, you should look into the security of your phone. I’m pretty sure Android 10 is no longer being supported with security updates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1