Retractable Clothes Lines

wandb

Do Princess ships (specifically Caribbean Princess) have retractable clothes lines in the bathroom?  We are new to Princess and wondering if we should pack one. 

3 minutes ago, wandb said:

Do Princess ships (specifically Caribbean Princess) have retractable clothes lines in the bathroom?  We are new to Princess and wondering if we should pack one. 

Yes, they usually have them

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wandb said:

For sure in suites

52 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Yes, they usually have them

All the balcony cabins I have been in have them - not sure about the new Sun(which has a glass door).

31 minutes ago, Globaler said:

All the balcony cabins I have been in have them - not sure about the new Sun(which has a glass door).

Suites have glass doors and yes they have the line

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

But it is a good question if they included them in the Sun cabins.

Yeah, that is one thing on which @CanadianBurger has not reported in his very comprehensive "Live from" thread on the Sun Princess.

That being said, I have never been in a cabin on any cruise ship that did not have one of these retractable lines in the shower.  Maybe they exist, and I haven't encountered them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XBGuy said:

Yeah, that is one thing on which @CanadianBurger has not reported in his very comprehensive "Live from" thread on the Sun Princess.

That being said, I have never been in a cabin on any cruise ship that did not have one of these retractable lines in the shower.  Maybe they exist, and I haven't encountered them.

Although, there was a video from a YT lady, which was a balcony on the Sun and she did pull out the retractable line in her video.  Believe it was the original Sun thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Solstice class of Celebrity doesn’t have them.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wandb said:

We’ve been on CB many times and always have had a retractable line.

Welcome to the Princess thread.

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

We’ve been on CB many times and always have had a retractable line.

Welcome to the Princess thread.

Caribbean does - sailed it last July.

• Like 1

thanks - good to know the Ptrincess ships have retractable clothes lines

just a question - do they allow you to dry your clothes outside on the balcony?

e.g. if you hand wash your socks / underpants can you use pegs / clips to hang them from the balcolny chairs?

We did this on Celebrity Solstice and it worked well, but do Princess frown upon things like this?

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

thanks - good to know the Ptrincess ships have retractable clothes lines

e.g. if you hand wash your socks / underpants can you use pegs / clips to hang them from the balcolny chairs?

We did this on Celebrity Solstice and it worked well, but do Princess frown upon things like this?

One great thing about Princess is that have self service laundries, so we use those. Occasionally we do dry clothes on the balcony and use the chairs. Those retractable lines in the bathroom are useless in my opinion as it takes forever to get things dry in there. 

• Like 1

We like to use magnetic hooks to hang our bathing suites near the sliding glass door. Our suits seem to dry faster than hanging them in the bathroom.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Muffinz said:

14 hours ago, leck57 said:

One great thing about Princess is that have self service laundries, so we use those. Occasionally we do dry clothes on the balcony and use the chairs. Those retractable lines in the bathroom are useless in my opinion as it takes forever to get things dry in there. 

You need to be very careful if you leave anything on the balcony. Read paragraph 13. COMPLIANCE WITH CARRIER'S ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY in your Passage Contract (which you can find under Additional Forms & Documents after clicking "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" on your Cruise Personalizer when looking at a cruise. Loss of any item, including personal items, into the ocean is strictly prohibited. Any negligent act of releasing or not preventing any unauthorized item overboard may result in a fine and other penalties. If the wind blows any of your clothing overboard, Princess may consider that a negligent act.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:45 AM, wandb said:

We have had them both in a balcony cabin and in an interior.

Simply ask for extra towels and hangers.

Roll damp items up.inside a dry towel and walk on the towel.   The garment is then 75% drier.  Then hang on the line or using a hook.

Putting items outside on your balcony is an excellent way to lose your clothing unless you bring clips to secure items to the chair.  I note with the AC on items dry really fast inside your cabin.  Jeans hung inside the closet with the door cracked dry for us in a day.